It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida College Student Killed Protecting Girlfriend In Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Over the next several hours sheriff deputies received information that there “May Be” a group of people “living off the grid” somewhere in the National Forest. This group of people were reported to be armed and potentially violent. The dog tracking team from the Alabama Department of Corrections were contacted and they responded with a tracking team. ALEA was also contacted, and they responded with a helicopter to provide aerial observation and overwatch for the deputies on the ground.

Bandits living 'off the grid' in an Alabama forest.

Man was killed defending his girlfriend but shot the robber several times.

Hollywood-style Wild West stuff in the Deep South.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Scary thing is, if someone is going to rob you, they just rob you. "Gimme your wallet, purse, watches, rings etc"

When they walk you off into the woods, there's a good chance they mean to leave you there for the cadaver dogs to find.

Kudos to that young man and much respect. He went down fighting to save the woman he loved. You can't ask for more than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

edit on 19-8-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   

As law enforcement were approaching the base camp, they observed a black female standing near the tents. As officers were ordering the female to the ground a 5-year-old child ran from the woods holding a loaded shotgun.

Was gonna make a joke about this as the shock value makes it somewhat comical to picture a 5 year old holding a shotgun and to be fair that’s a decent effort for a 5 year old to have the strength to hold one, although could be a sawn off.

Poor little fella though, should be in school learning and buggering around with his mates, not in the wilderness in proximity to murder, living in a tent and brandishing a shotgun.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The only reason this is not just another missing persons case is because this man was lawfully carrying. None of this would of been uncovered and who knows how many more people would of died at these peoples hands and who know how many people they many be linked to killing.

This is the exact reason i always leave my house with two guns. One in my car and one on my hip.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I wondered when something like this would happen, however, it does seem they are hyping up the incident to imply a large group of violent criminals are living in Robin Hood fashion out on federal public lands.

Two women and a 5 year old child is not like some militia group or even a hobo jungle for that matter. Not to down play the armed robbery and murder, but this isn't an army of homeless desperadoes hunting down hapless victims. Perhaps this is an attempt to promote some propaganda when an incident like this occurs. This could paint all homeless people camped out on public land as violent, armed desperadoes that need to be rounded up.

ETA: This couple fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book, the damsel in distress. They get you to help them and then they lead you into an ambush with the intention of leaving no witness behind when they are through.
edit on 19-8-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
All sort of stories of missing people in National forests. Youtube has dozens of them. This story could have turned into one of those if the man hadn't been armed.

And many more link.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I've never known off-the-grid "mountain men" to behave like this unless you're in their territory or are threatening them. The whole point is to live off the things around you. Who the hell lives off-the-grid and robs people as though they're living in the inner city?

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I believe that "Midnight in the Desert" has a movie based off of the events, it's called "Horror in the High Desert".

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The hills have eyes.

Also it's interesting to note that when people go missing there is zero trace of them and in those situations the paranormal seems much more likely, like the missing 411.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Turns out it's on Youtube. Also go to 1:08:59 and watch the center of the movie very carefully.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I've never known off-the-grid "mountain men" to behave like this unless you're in their territory or are threatening them. The whole point is to live off the things around you. Who the hell lives off-the-grid and robs people as though they're living in the inner city?

Hi LSU,

Yeah, I've more often thought of 'off the grid' as people who just want to be left alone and live in remote areas.

But I've also heard about people with bad intent who ambush campers and so forth.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Over the next several hours sheriff deputies received information that there “May Be” a group of people “living off the grid” somewhere in the National Forest. This group of people were reported to be armed and potentially violent. The dog tracking team from the Alabama Department of Corrections were contacted and they responded with a tracking team. ALEA was also contacted, and they responded with a helicopter to provide aerial observation and overwatch for the deputies on the ground.

Bandits living 'off the grid' in an Alabama forest.

Man was killed defending his girlfriend but shot the robber several times.

Hollywood-style Wild West stuff in the Deep South.

Cheers

As one of our dear users mentioned in a previous thread, ATS used to champion people living off the grid committing crimes and killing innocents apparently.

top topics

join