It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to me this morning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey all,

Not one for posting much but something weird happened to me this morning and I'm looking for some answers or pointers as to what actually happened?

We went to bed at around 23:55, put the dogs away and locked up. I joked about us actually being in bed before midnight.

After that I guess I dozed off, seemingly easier than usual (end of sprint at work so I was more relaxed I guess). I don't know what time it was when the event happened, I'm hoping my wife does. I'll ask her when she gets home from work. Let's say around 3am. I remember being conscious and aware, but asleep at the same time. I felt this "twinkling" in my head, which felt good yet felt weird. It was almost like something was sprinkling rice on me, but the rice made my head pulse a little.

All of a sudden I felt my body seize and it felt almost like I was passing through a hurricane. I was aware of all of this but the only thing I could do was scream, and I screamed as loud as I could.

I could hear my wife asking what is wrong but it continued momentarily and I continued to scream. Then it stopped instantly and I could see my wife again.

Super weird, never happened before and I have never had anything strange happen before. I'm hoping it never happens again because it was terrifying!

Any ideas would be great!

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cirice

It could be an extension of sleep paralysis. People awake to find they have not control over their body, which then sends their blood pressure sky rocketing.

Sometimes people report even seeing things. There appears to be common reports of seeing a person sitting on your chest while in this state. Sounds terrifying!

Perhaps this occurred to you in some form and fashion?

The fundamental symptom of sleep paralysis is atonia or the inability to move the body. It occurs shortly after falling asleep or waking up, and during an episode, a person feels awake and is aware of this loss of muscle control.

An estimated 75% of sleep paralysis episodes involve hallucinations that are distinct from typical dreams. As with atonia, these can occur when falling asleep (hypnagogic hallucinations) or waking up (hypnopompic hallucinations).

Intruder hallucinations, which involve the perception of a dangerous person or presence in the room.

Chest pressure hallucinations, also called incubus hallucinations, that can incite a feeling of suffocation. These frequently occur along with intruder hallucinations.

Vestibular-motor (V-M) hallucinations, which can include feelings of movement (such as flying) or out-of-body sensations.

edit on 18-8-2022 by Axios because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I remember being conscious and aware, but asleep at the same time.

Sounds like you were beginning an astral travel journey.

Very common to freak out when disconnecting from the body.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Axios

I think you pretty much nailed it

This has happened to me more times than I care to remember and it really IS terrifying

Mine usually revolve around someone or something being in my room and me not being able to fight it off as it gets closer and closer

It takes all the resolve I have just to scream out and, according to my wife, it’s more of a disturbing whine than an actual scream

I’m chronically sleep deprived but I’ve noticed that it seems to happen when I’m EXTRA sleep deprived, even by my own standards.

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about unless it happens very often.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sounds indeed like sleep paralysis,

when it happens to me I become aware and awake but can't move my body,
sometimes I feel tingling, sometimes it a huge pressure on my body, or the sensation of being electrocuted.

Another option is a false awakening, you could swear you are awake, you remember waking up, but you are actually still dreaming, In this case you would remember a dreamworld after you actually woke up and know you were dreaming

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would say it was a beginning of the Astral projection, as well.

At this stage you should know that it is your decision of what it will be.

If you decide that it was only a fake thing, it will be so, for you, and these experiences may come back later (may take years until they come back ... tho ).

If you decide that it was a real thing, you may progress.

This decision is in whatever makes you think ( here i want to avoid the usage of the "brain", because your thinking and perceiving process can be outside of your physical body - which is what the "Out of Body Experiences" means.)

The fear that you experience is simply a barrier - or call it a gatekeeper. The fear is fake, and if you allow it to take over, it will kick you back into the physicality.

When you start to practice astral projection, you may discover that you have 1~2 seconds which are free of fear, before it takes over.
There are ways to overcome this, but practice is needed.
You have to make a decision not to scream the next time it happens. A helpful positive affirmation would be: "I will stay calm and relaxed and watch whatever happens". Use it before going to sleep next 30 days.

The explanation of what happened is simple:

You have 2 types of thinking. Your original thinking is the one which comes before your birth and this you are using while/when you are "out of the body".

The second type of thinking is what you are using right now. It is conscious thinking and it is material based.

When you try to consciously astral project, the second type of thinking, which is mostly fear/survival based calculates a risk of going into, to it, unknown territory.
Therefore its main reaction is to fear and to make your body scream, move, itch (which you would scratch and therefore awake). It tries to stop you from going out by letting you think all sorts of reasons why not to go.
These are all the barriers and obstacles which you may encounter ( ... and eventually individually taking care of, by finding a solution to that problem).

If you are lucky, you may get out bypassing the "sleep paralysis" stage. That is the most pleasant way, but upon awakening you may think that you have only dreamt something. Therefore to recall dreams upon awakening is a way to produce a chance for more of the experiences.

Have fun.

Edit:

There appears to be common reports of seeing a person sitting on your chest while in this state.

Your astral body is an energy body, which you use when you get out.
When you are awake, your astral and physical bodies are at the same spot.
When you sleep, your astral body may be slightly mispositioned, eg a bit above or below your physical.
Therefore not knowing that you have switched into the astral body, you are sensing/feeling the physical body.

According to Robert Monroe books, you have at least 2 types of astral bodies. When you are able to sense the physical body, you are in the 1st, denser astral body.

edit on 18/8/2022 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen numerous times after I had leg surgery. I was sleeping on the couch and I thought someone was coming down my stairs in the house. Unable to move or say anything, it was a horrible feeling.

I thought it was from the cocktail of pain medicine I was on.

The first time it was the worse cause I didn’t know what was happening.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hombre

It certainly sounds like you were disconnecting for an astral event. I think we have a cut-off switch that works most of the time when we wipe what happens during the hours of sleep. There is the fear factor as well which kicks in to keep us focused in this realm. I have the suspicion that like everything else timing is important for this type of activity. You might have just fluked it.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Funnily enough, my wife said the same thing. To me, it seemed like I was using all my energy to scream as loud as I could, and she said it was like I was trying to scream but with my mouth closed.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Interesting, I did think that it could have been something along those lines, as at one point whilst screaming, I could see our bedroom window and the wall. Couldn't look past that as I was too afraid.

I have tried (albeit not that hard) to astral project in the past. Unfortunately I was too afraid and gave into the random itches and urge to move my eyes.

I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but if it does then I am hoping that I will face it a little better.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You're describing "sleep terrors/night terrors". Happens more often to children but can happen to adults.

I had them as a child for about a year. Very unnerving and I often awoke thinking I was screaming for my parents but was not, although it would bring my mother to see what was wrong.

Nothing to do with astral anything and is quite common.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Nothing to do with astral anything and is quite common.

You sure about that? I had night terrors for years growing up as an adolescent. I can tell you that I had no consciousness or any recollection of the events, whatsoever.

Apparently, mine were terrible. I would be sitting up in my bed screaming at the top of my lungs with my eyes wide open - yet no conscious awareness. And absolutely no way to snap me out of it. I was locked in on it. According to my parents and sister, I’d be screaming for people that they had no idea who they were.

I always found out the next morning when I’d walk into my moms room. She’d say: “do you remember having a night terror last night?” I’d respond with an emphatic “No”.

I believe night terrors are the stuff from previous lives. The not so savory stuff…

edit on 18-8-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

A review and preview of a permanent release from the physical body. Everyone has to experience that unless they find themselves in hospice care loaded up on M.

Your avatar is interesting: A burning candle (time) and a deaths head moth?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yes, and perhaps lucid dreaming. I know I've had some astral travel experiences while about to fall asleep, mostly shaking/vibrating type of sensations.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes.

I have had many waking ups into the sleep paralysis (sometime within the vibrational stage).

Now i'm talking in a 'condensed' form. Back then, i was trying to AP for 2~3 weeks, then there was a period (next 4~5 months
) in which i simply fell asleep without even trying, because of tiredness.

The Sleep paralysis and vibrational stages came occasionally. And i learned much from these 'unexpected' happenings.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

They are unnerving and it is entirely understandable people search for explanations.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I remember being conscious and aware, but asleep at the same time.

Sounds like you were beginning an astral travel journey.

Very common to freak out when disconnecting from the body.

yes it happens like that.

i had a few instances in college where i could struggle to get up and go to the other room, come back and see myself in bed

another time there were 4 faces on the wall at the end of my bed surrounded in green light.

ii looked at them for awhile and fell back to sleep but i felt as if i was already asleep.. like a dream within a dream.

i kept a dream journal for psych class and i never got it back.

but yeah most of the times i couldn't move..

i concluded that i was not awake.

P.S. don't take abnormal psych, you'll swear you have everything in the book.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think we naturally do this as we sleep. I semi-regularly experience this same sensation with a pulsing and whooshing of air sound/sensation through my head. Sometimes I can recreate it as im going to bed if I stay mentally conscious and it is very overwhelming almost painful. I think It has almost induced a seizure because how powerful the pulsing sensation was.

to: Cirice

top topics

join