It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty to tax violations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg pleaded guilty Thursday to tax violations spanning over a decade.

Weisselberg, 75, was charged with evading taxes by receiving perks that were not counted as income. He pleaded not guilty to 15 counts, including grand larceny last year, which, in the state of New York, is the unlawful taking of funds or property valued at $50,000 or more.

A source familiar with the potential deal told Fox News that Weisselberg was expected to serve 100 days behind bars and testify about the Trump Organization's business practices. The source said that Weisselberg would not be sentenced or surrender until after the trial.

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty to tax violations

It seems to be that the charges may have been reduced to obtain his cooperation against the Trump organization.

Being convicted on only $1.7 million over decades seems a bit light. I presume this and the sentence have been reduced.

If Weisselberg will fully cooperate, I guess we should find out fully whether or not the Trump Organization and Trump himself committed some prosecutable crimes once and for all...
edit on 18-8-2022 by Axios because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I agree; this time will be different I assure you.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Weaponize all of the three letter agencies.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Axios

Wish I may, wish I might.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think people are missing the point, which is if you are associated with someone they want to target in an investigation you WILL be found guilty...of something, or your friends, family and loved ones will be targeted. If you're willing to 'cooperate' (turn on the person they're targeting) you will be dealt leniency.

Love Trump or hate him, I don't understand how anybody watching what's going on could be thinking this is right. We let Benghazi get swept aside; Hillarys' emails, a plane loaded with millions of tax dollars flown to Iran, Obama's WH documents never returned six years in-so many actionable wrongs given a free pass, yet we're supposed to cheer the rabid charge for one person who may or may not have done the same?
That's not a fair, just or unbiased use of the power we have given our representatives, and they have spent billions on their vendetta while the stench from the swamp keeps getting more powerful. This is NOT how you clean house, and reminds me of a long ago era when the USA was against individuals being selectively targeted for elimination.

There isn't a person alive they can't find something prosecutorial on if they look hard enough-especially with the weaponized IRS-IMO. Pelosi and her hubby have been getting filthy rich for decades because of her political position knowledge-called 'insider trading' for others. Everybody knows it; nobody cares. DC is full of criminals blackmailing each other to stay afloat. You will comply, or you, your family and friends will be destroyed is the message being sent.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Inside word is Weisselberg will rat out all the planted documents inside Trump's businesses. It's a classic setup. 🌞

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I admit to surpassing the posted Speed Limit a few times and I voted for Trump…looks like DJT is free game now because guilt by association.
edit on 18-8-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I admit to surpassing the posted Speed Limit a few times and I voted for Trump…looks like DJT it is free game now.

Ill forgive you as long as you didnt donate to the Trump org.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I never even bought a Trumpy Bear or a MAGA hat.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Inside word is Weisselberg will rat out all the planted documents inside Trump's businesses. It's a classic setup. 🌞

With 9,000 new AR-15 rifles in the IRS weapons locker, and 87,000 armed IRS agents combing the countryside, noone is safe.

edit on 8/18/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

I never even bought a Trumpy Bear or a MAGA hat.

then I absolve you of your crime. amen.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Pleads guilty? One of two things. Either he will offer damning testimony OR he is just falling on his sword for Trump.

He was a Trump CEO for over a decade and his estimated financial worth is around one billion. He worked for Trump for over fifty years.
marketrealist.com...

"In one of the most difficult decisions of his life, Mr. Weisselberg decided to enter a plea of guilty today to put an end to this case and the years-long legal and personal nightmares it has caused for him and his family," Weisselberg's attorney, Nicholas Gravante Jr., said.

This sounds like an ''Alford Plea'' to me.

Alford plea as: "A guilty plea entered as part of a plea bargain by a criminal defendant who denies committing the crime or who does not actually admit his guilt. In federal courts, such plea may be accepted as long as there is evidence that the defendant is actually guilty."

What's he facing here. One hundred days in jail and come back out to his billion dollars? Small price for decades of tax helping Trump if you ask me. Unless the DA has corroborating evidence against more than Weisselberg all he will have to do is say, ''it was all me'' suck it in and come back out to a life of luxury and the thanks of the crook in Mar-a-lago. That is if he is capable of giving thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Weisselberg has plead guilty to tax violations in the state of New York.

Which I read as; violation of New York State tax laws. Correct?

Which, based on my, limited, understanding of New York tax law, "conforms" in large part to Federal tax law.

So, does this pleading mean that Weisselberg will be charged by the IRS for Federal tax evasion, as well in the near future?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I think people are missing the point, which is if you are associated with someone they want to target in an investigation you WILL be found guilty...of something, or your friends, family and loved ones will be targeted. If you're willing to 'cooperate' (turn on the person they're targeting) you will be dealt leniency.

Love Trump or hate him, I don't understand how anybody watching what's going on could be thinking this is right. We let Benghazi get swept aside; Hillarys' emails, a plane loaded with millions of tax dollars flown to Iran, Obama's WH documents never returned six years in-so many actionable wrongs given a free pass, yet we're supposed to cheer the rabid charge for one person who may or may not have done the same?
That's not a fair, just or unbiased use of the power we have given our representatives, and they have spent billions on their vendetta while the stench from the swamp keeps getting more powerful. This is NOT how you clean house, and reminds me of a long ago era when the USA was against individuals being selectively targeted for elimination.

There isn't a person alive they can't find something prosecutorial on if they look hard enough-especially with the weaponized IRS-IMO. Pelosi and her hubby have been getting filthy rich for decades because of her political position knowledge-called 'insider trading' for others. Everybody knows it; nobody cares. DC is full of criminals blackmailing each other to stay afloat. You will comply, or you, your family and friends will be destroyed is the message being sent.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

but if trump is not guilty of anything how could this guys testimony be used against trump?

she probably shouldve been prosecuted for mishandling classified information i admit. as for obama, he handed over everything at the end of his term as per federal law, the fbi didn't need to request anything because he didn't take any classified info home. the money for iran, seems worth it to free American citizens from iranian prison, not much different than what carter did to resolve the iran hostage crisis. none of this excuses trump mishandling classified documents and forcing the fbi to get a search warrant to force him to hand over what they requested multiple times.

that last one is too incoherent to form a proper response so I'll skip it.

what absolute power are you referring to exactly?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Poor Donald , can't seem to catch a brake these days.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe after this 100th investigation into tax fraud they will finally get Trump this time. Just kidding, everyone with even half a brain knows the end result and reasoning behind this.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg

Notice the word "former"
Is thee a reason for that word to be there ?
What is the reason ?

Former :

1. having previously filled a particular role or been a particular thing.

Def by Google.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He stepped down in 2021 due to his indictment for tax evasion , understandable really.
edit on 18-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg

Notice the word "former"
Is thee a reason for that word to be there ?
What is the reason ?

Former :

1. having previously filled a particular role or been a particular thing.

Def by Google.

Lol, see above post.

He has been part of the Trump org for decades.
edit on 18-8-2022 by Axios because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Would be kinda funny if the “my pillow” guy gets caught up in the act. After all he’s a big Trumpster dude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join