It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet a Canadian man who's sharing his vasectomy experience to encourage men there

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Boadicea

Seems like the point has been brought across. If you can't figure out what to make of it is up to you.

Yup! I can only speak for myself.... and my tendency to look at anything and everything from as many perspectives as I can think up...

And in this case I can make sense of your comment from both a left and right perspective. But I suppose for those who live in an echo chamber it would be quite different...

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am not quite sure I understand what people in this thread are upset about. Can anyone explain why this man talking about his vasectomy is problematic for any of us?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I am not quite sure I understand what people in this thread are upset about. Can anyone explain why this man talking about his vasectomy is problematic for any of us?

I'm loathe to speak for anyone but myself so I will simply say that whatever the reason, the end result is the same: Men refusing to stop making babies they do not want and will not take care of.

Everyone knows how babies are made and everyone knows how NOT to make babies. They need to do their part not to make babies they don't want.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I don't see it as problematic; I see it as arrogant and silly. Medical advice is supposed to be a personal decision based on personal condition, personal needs, and personal desires. Vasectomies are not always reversible. This man is not a doctor and yet is giving medical advice.

That was one of my big complaints with the abortion issue. Women were actually being encouraged to have an abortion at so-called "health centers" by activist groups; my wife experienced it three times. These people were not doctors or even medical professionals; they just wanted to tell everyone who was pregnant about the "joys of abortion." At the same time, anyone who wanted to provide a different opinion, like advising for adoption or giving information on the free services available to help pregnant women, or even the possible complications from an abortion, were barred from speaking to women. Any opposition to abortion was deemed "religious" and therefore taboo.

This man is presenting one side of the procedure: his. I'm glad he had good luck with it. However, such a procedure should not be taken lightly and should always include a consultation with a trained medical professional. He is not a trained medical professional. It's one thing to consider a procedure and ask friends/acquaintances who have undergone it about the procedure; I have responded to many about my cardiac bypass, answering their questions as honestly as I can... but I would never actually do what I sarcastically spoke of in my earlier post: I would never just advise people to have a cardiac bypass procedure out of the blue.

There is nothing "problematic" about having a vasectomy; the only thing that could be considered "problematic" is the way he is advising all men, regardless of their personal medical situation to have one just because his was successful.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I'm loathe to speak for anyone but myself so I will simply say that whatever the reason, the end result is the same: Men refusing to stop making babies they do not want and will not take care of.

Everyone knows how babies are made and everyone knows how NOT to make babies. They need to do their part not to make babies they don't want.

Ok that makes sense to me. I agree that it is 100% up to the man to be just as proactive to avoid unwanted pregnancies. I think it would be wonderful if more people took the responsible route, especially when young. It's crazy to think that it should be up to the woman to only to alter her body and men are supposed to just shrug our shoulders or something. I struggle to see why anyone at all would be averse to this being more accepted and prevalent. I saw an article today for mens birth control that is supposed to be in clinical testing next year, which I support fully. I hope to god we as a nation push it on our young men with the same fervor we expect women to, simply because we will then have twice the birth control happening.

It seems there are some people that are offended by the idea of it or something, I don't know. I used to think I understood where most people on this site were coming from, but I just don't anymore. I would have assumed that outside the absolutely brain dead "fundamentalists" we would all be collectively happy about men doing more to prevent unwanted children.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I get it, there is a whole lot of untrained people giving medical advice about all sorts of things lately. ATS alone has enough to keep you busy for days and days I suppose. Luckily I don't think anyone will be doing back alley or at home vasectomies so I all us men will probably be OK.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't get it either and it just seems rather obvious that everyone should do what they can do to prevent unwanted pregnancies. I really don't understand the logic or reason behind putting all the responsibility on one party -- the woman. Especially because the woman is only capable of getting pregnant a few days per month. The man is capable of impregnating a woman every day of every month.

Perhaps it's a generational thing... much like women have traditionally and historically been expected to be responsible for caring for children, they've likewise been expected to be responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies.

Let's hope such attitudes are dying out. Let's hope everyone understands their responsibility to do their part. Not necessarily vasectomy, but whatever works best for their needs and circumstances.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

"Vasectomy is a safe alternative to female birth control. Contraception is not only on women but on us men," he wrote in a lengthy Facebook post in June. "Be smart, make the right choice."

I agree, so the man wears a rubber and the woman takes the pill or some other birth control tool. If a woman allows a man to stick their thing in them without a rubber its on them as it is their body and we are talking many other things outside of getting pregnant, and if a man doesn't ask the woman about birth control its on the guy too when a baby comes along.

I don't see vasectomy as a bad option in today's world where so many younger people do not want to have kids, ever. I have 3 friends that ended up paying on kids for 18 years to find out they were not the dad, so a vasectomy up front would have solved all that. If a man is one of those who never want kids then go get it to protect yourself.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Never underestimate the idiocy of the human race.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I did it and it hurt like nothing else I've ever felt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join