It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Artemis 1 Moon Rocket arrives at launch Pad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Artemis 1 is due to launch no sooner than August 29th and will send an unmanned Orion spacecraft to the Moon as a test for Artemis 2's launch around 2024 taking man back to the Moon.

Time-lapse video of the arrival of the Artemis 1 Megarocket on the pad.

Fingers crossed for a successful launch.

edit on 17-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's awesome - thanks for posting!
I hope this heralds a new era in space travel for all of us.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wonder why they like to use that type of name? You know where it came from?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Curious if this is a better rocket for payloads than the Space X heavy lifter... Also, how does this guy compare to Saturn V? Too lazy/busy to check myself, just would like to read a debate on merits from someone who knows better than I do.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I wonder why they like to use that type of name? You know where it came from?

It carries on the NASA tradition of using names from Greek mythology -

In ancient Greek mythology and religion, Artemis (/ˈɑːrtɪmɪs/; Greek: Ἄρτεμις) is the goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, nature, vegetation, childbirth, care of children, and chastity.

ARTEMIS

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'll be watching.
I live about 30 miles from Cape Canaveral...and have been watching most of the past SpaceX launches from my front yard (clouds permitting).

Night launches are the most exciting and beautiful.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
hmmm...wonder what they are "hunting"?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Here's a link to more info , there's a graphic half way down the page that show the size comparison , SLS beats Space X heavy on payload.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
First iteration of the SLS was always going to be less capable than the Saturn V in terms of lift capacity. Planned improvements will see the SLS likely exceed the old Nazi technology, maybe.

Still staggers me that the German rocket scientists conceived of and built the Saturn V’s so long ago, and that we have pretty much gone backwards since.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

That's awesome - thanks for posting!
I hope this heralds a new era in space travel for all of us.

Except me.

The Earth will finally be mine...BwaaHaaHaa!

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Artemis

In ancient Greek mythology and religion, Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, nature, vegetation, childbirth, care of children, and chastity. She was heavily identified with Selene, the Moon, and Hecate, another moon goddess, and was thus regarded as one of the most prominent lunar deities in mythology, alongside the aforementioned two

Hmm... How does that Relate to Space Flight Wittle Girl ? I'm Stumped .

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Artemis is Apollo’s twin sister.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Artemis/ Diana They are Satanic beings. They were among the 70 alien Watchers that left their first estate, and touched down on Mount Hermon, and entered into a pact together, to break the law, by taking Human wives. The temple, if I remember correctly was in Corinth, on top of the hill, and filled with hundreds of priests, and priestesses, that were prostitutes. That may have been the temple that had the aborted babies in clay jars along the inner walls. How bout Dat wittle boy?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Orion spacecraft may be unmanned but it won't be empty , astronaut Shaun the Sheep will be making the journey to the Moon.

The European Space Agency's (ESA), director for human and robotic exploration, Dr David Parker, said: "It is an exciting time for Shaun and ESA.

"We're very happy he's been selected for the mission and we understand, although it might be a small step for a human, it's a giant leap for lambkind."
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: greendust

If I am remembering correctly then the Saturn V is still the big bad boy of rockets
and I dont think anything we have currently really compares in terms of power and size
im sure its still the largest and has the most power

7.6 million pounds of thrust

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
a reply to: underpass61
hmmm...wonder what they are "hunting"?

Apollo and Artemis were brother and sister, so there is some logic behind calling the next manned moon program after the Apollo program "Artemis."

edit on 18/8/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That sounds Evil as Hell , but how does that Relate to the U.S. Space Program ?

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

That sounds Evil as Hell , but how does that Relate to the U.S. Space Program ?

The space program is exploring the Universe that was created by God. They could learn a lot from scripture. It was spoken into existance. Sound- vibration- strings theory? Then it was stretched

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Cant wait for the launch and hope it all goes well. On a side note , not to be outdone , Elon has said that he will be sending a real sheep (in a Tesla) who has been improved with neural implants to Mars very soon.

edit on 18-8-2022 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

knowledge and understanding id assume , but most likely mineral wealth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join