It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Menieres migraines motion sickness and fasting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: rickymouse

On top of everything else, I guess I should mention sleep apnea. I took my pulse oximeter late last night anyway left on my finger and fell asleep. One time when I jolted awake I checked it was 83, no wonder I wake up with headaches, and yes the ear ringing is off the charts in the morning. Ive had apnea for a long time, I sometimes take melatonin to help me sleep but it seems to make hose episodes worse

Some meds increase the problem with sleep apnea. The wife was taken off her pill which contained a small amount of beta blocker and her apnea got quite a bit better. I listen when I get up to go pee at night to her breathing, and if her breathing pauses a lot...I can't sleep worth a damn cause I worry about it. Before she was prescribed zoloft years ago she had no sleep apnea and when they gave her the med containing the water pill plus beta blocker it got worse. She reduced the zoloft on her own and it got better, but the doctor wasn't happy she reduced it even though reducing it did not change anything....Some doctors do not want any patients challenging their prescribing and doses some times. Her new doctor actually took off the beta blocker and reduced the zoloft and she is doing much better now.

There is chemistry in some foods that does about the same as beta blockers and some increases the need for beta blockers. Also the same goes with zoloft, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Both my wife and girlfriends have woke me up thinking I was dying before, one of them videotaped me.

Have done the CPAP both full face mask and just the nose, with mixed results. Ive snored since I was a kid but sleep apnea is at a different level. Even my surgeon who removed my gallbladder commented on it, he was semi concerned I'm such a shallow breather he even gave one of those things to increase your lung capacity.

The only pharmaceutical I take daily is Zyrtec and low-dose aspirin, and an occasional nasal spray. I suppose the herbs, spices, etc might have an effect. Trying to train myself to breathe through my nose when I sleep but sometimes it's difficult to get enough air when my sinuses or throat are irritated.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well, cetrizene can cause sleep apnea. www.verywellhealth.com...

Like any medication you have to decide if the side effect is worse than the condition you are treating.

No matter what, discontinuing that med without a tapering process can lead to some serious side effects because it is an anti-histamine. If you think it may be causing this problems, talk to your doctor and he/she can maybe taper it off and change to a different med...never quit certain meds cold turkey, it can kill you.

It hasn't killed you yet. That is a good sign. Maybe a small reduction of dose may be adequate too but you should discuss this with the doctor and ask him if he/she thinks it is related.

I had two friends that had their doctor lower the anti-histamines too fast because they were having serious side effects and both girls died. They were in their early forties when it happened....the doctor should have reduced it slower in both cases. The doctors of both of these girls did tests that positively showed the anti-histamines were causing some major problems but they couldn't have known that cutting the dose down as fast as they did was going to be a problem. Most people would not have had a problem cutting it down by half at that dose but I guess the antihistamines had caused too much suppression of their immune system and they had some kind of infection and they dropped it too quick and their immune system over reacted or something. It is sad when you have good friends die like that in their early forties. I have heard of this happening with others I did not know, but one of the woman was my old workers wife, and the other was my neighbors daughter.

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: putnam6

Well, cetrizene can cause sleep apnea. www.verywellhealth.com...

Like any medication you have to decide if the side effect is worse than the condition you are treating.

No matter what, discontinuing that med without a tapering process can lead to some serious side effects because it is an anti-histamine. If you think it may be causing this problems, talk to your doctor and he/she can maybe taper it off and change to a different med...never quit certain meds cold turkey, it can kill you.

It hasn't killed you yet. That is a good sign. Maybe a small reduction of dose may be adequate too but you should discuss this with the doctor and ask him if he/she thinks it is related.

I had two friends that had their doctor lower the anti-histamines too fast because they were having serious side effects and both girls died. They were in their early forties when it happened....the doctor should have reduced it slower in both cases. The doctors of both of these girls did tests that positively showed the anti-histamines were causing some major problems but they couldn't have known that cutting the dose down as fast as they did was going to be a problem. Most people would not have had a problem cutting it down by half at that dose but I guess the antihistamines had caused too much suppression of their immune system and they had some kind of infection and they dropped it too quick and their immune system over reacted or something. It is sad when you have good friends die like that in their early forties. I have heard of this happening with others I did not know, but one of the woman was my old workers wife, and the other was my neighbors daughter.

I'll check with my Doctor, I've only been taking 2 years or so, and FWIW it was my doctor's suggestion that I try it. This was of course during the heavy vertigo and nausea phase and it's hoping it would knock that down.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join