It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Burry of the movie The Big Short sells entire profile and buys Just one share…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
And yes that title sounds real click-baitey doesn’t it.

tweeter

He bought shares in Geo Group Inc $GEO 1 day ago after selling his entire profile and put it all into $GEO. Aparrently he’s been in and out of that position since Q4 2020, and on other occasions buying positions in another prison.

geo linky and no i dont own shares

simply wallstreet article from 1 day ago.

GEO Group The GEO Group, Inc. (NYSE: GEO) is a leading diversified government service provider, specializing in design, financing, development, and support services for secure facilities, processing centers, and community reentry centers in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.

wikipedia linky

The GEO Group, Inc. is a publicly traded C corporation that invests in private prisons and mental health facilities in North America, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, the company's facilities include illegal immigration detention centers, minimum security detention centers, and mental-health and residential-treatment facilities. It also operates government-owned facilities pursuant to management contracts. As of December 31, 2021, the company managed and/or owned 86,000 beds at 106 facilities. In 2019, agencies of the federal government of the United States generated 53% of the company's revenues. Up until 2021 the company was designated as a real estate investment trust, at which time the board of directors elected to reclassify as a C corporation under the stated goal of reducing the company's debt. The company has been the subject of civil suits in the United States by prisoners and families of prisoners for injuries due to riots and poor treatment at prisons and immigrant detention facilities which it has operated. Wikipedia

Prisons and mental health facilities from the looks are Michael Burrys investment of choice for the upcoming downturn i believe. Can’t say much about that. Mental health is going down the drain and when economies take a down turn, criminal activity rises too.

edit on 17-8-2022 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

The only thing appealing about that stock is private prisons do not follow the rest of the market . ...

Guess he's just making a statement to get out of the primary sectors now.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The play right now is Bed Bath & Beyond. Remember gamestop? I have no idea why but the subreddit wallstreetbets have organized again to take the stock on a moon trip. I have no positions in the stock but it is hilariously entertaining to follow.

Wallstreetbets is the smartest/most idiotic place on the internet I swear.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

AHhaha yeah I just checked in to that. Hilarious. Wallstreetsbets are funny as ;-p

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well, given recent actions, it does stand to reason that prison profits will increase via more prisoners.

Also, we know the market is going to tank sometime soon.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Im keeping on eye on Apple. The run it's had since mid June has been impressive but it's getting close to a point where I could see it drop like a rock.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
For profit prison system....
i try to read between the lines here, Burry is an insider on the outs with a bone to pick, maybe hes sending a specific message to someone. Maybe this piece of trash just misses home...

Good looking TA on the charts though, nice flag forming on the 1hr and another big move could be coming, 25% profit is nothing to scoff at, at least he knows how to make money.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Private prisons and mental facilities are not exactly the most profitable. But, if one thing is for certain, especially in our current age, there will continue to be able supply of criminals and mentally ill people.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   
careful tho. Burry's full portfolio is unknown. Assets he might hold outside the US juridictions is unknown. I think zeroedges mentioned it when he posted about Burry selling off everything but 1 stock.

top topics

join