It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Northern Rockie Sunset

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We had a beautiful day here in North Idaho... hot, but capped off by an awesome sunset.

We usually have HEAVY wildfire smoke this time of year... not this year. These are high altitude wisps from fires burning far west of here.

I used a circular polarizer to make the colors pop.

I was mesmerized watching high altitude winds push this stuff along...

Enjoy

edit on 17-8-2022 by madmac5150 because: Nibbler made me

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures! I hope you get to see the aurora borealis on Thursday. I don't Lewiston area will get much of a show, but you never know!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Beautiful pictures! I hope you get to see the aurora borealis on Thursday. I don't Lewiston area will get much of a show, but you never know!
I

I have lived here for 10 years. 10 freaking years... and every time we have had visible aurora, we have been clouded over.

Spokane saw them. Couer D'Alene saw them. Here in the mountains, not so much...

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Too bad beauty like that needs a fire to happen.

Last week, a hotshot died trying to contain a wildfire a couple of counties north of me. He had come from Colorado to help with the wildfires in our state.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: madmac5150

Too bad beauty like that needs a fire to happen.

Last week, a hotshot died trying to contain a wildfire a couple of counties north of me. He had come from Colorado to help with the wildfires in our state.

I am so sorry to hear that. I have spent the majority of my life out here in the west... ID, WA, AZ... all wildfire hotspots.

Here in North Idaho, this is our first August in the last 8 or 9 years without heavy smoke, and/or evacuations.

Nature is both beautiful, and merciless.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Lucky you mate

Kindest respects

SnotRag

new topics

top topics

join