It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider Man Remaster Modder Banned For Removing Pride Flag With The American Flag.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
A Gamer and a Modder in the gaming community had being banned from Spider Man Remaster.
Over his mod.

The crime of the modder?
The Modder was Banned For Removing Pride Flag while replacing the pride flags with the American flag.

As some had stated on YT channels debating the issue.

The original outrage was that the implies that flying the American flag over the Pride flag is homophobic.

‘Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered’ Mod Replacing LGBT Pride Flags With American Flags Banned By Nexus Mods

Spider-Man Remastered Modder Banned For Removing Pride Flag
edit on 16-8-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Pride months over time to go back to normal lol at least they didn’t reskin the hulk to look like Christina Agulleras hulk with the rhinestone rubber penis costume to get even.
edit on bTue, 16 Aug 2022 23:06:18 -050020223111America/ChicagoTue, 16 Aug 2022 23:06:18 -050008pm8 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Not surprising at all.

I wish I could come up with a mod. I see more “pride” flags and Ukrainian flags around here than I do the Canadian flag these days.

Since the trucker thing up here the Canadian flag has a bad rep with the Woke.

In Edmonton the city banned having the Canadian flag being flown from cars and trucks during last winters protests. Any resistance was rewarded with a stunting ticket.

Then along came hockey games, the Ukraine war, and gayness. There were flags flying on vehicles everywhere virtue signalling their team and sexual preference.

Bastards stole the rainbow, I’ll take the Maple Leaf thanks very much.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Apparently they didn’t add anything, they just used the already in game assists from countries that didn’t allow the pride flags.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If people who do not like these things simply stopped giving companies money, they would quickly stop with the political messages.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
A Gamer and a Modder in the gaming community had being banned from Spider Man Remaster.
Over his mod.

The crime of the modder?
The Modder was Banned For Removing Pride Flag while replacing the pride flags with the American flag.

As some had stated on YT channels debating the issue.

The original outrage was that the implies that flying the American flag over the Pride flag is homophobic.

‘Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered’ Mod Replacing LGBT Pride Flags With American Flags Banned By Nexus Mods

Spider-Man Remastered Modder Banned For Removing Pride Flag

if burning the american flag is 1st amendment free speech,

then the pride flag is open season.

i suggest it be done soon safe and often.

IRL.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

oh my this is likely a hate crime, the humanity

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Apparently they didn’t add anything, they just used the already in game assists from countries that didn’t allow the pride flags.

heheh hehe thats the best part.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I don't think the pride flag has any real value these days anyway. Bit like BLM. They change it every 12 minutes anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

And what does that accomplish? About as much as the edgelords burning the american flag..

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I think part of the reason he was banned was because the mod was inciting homophobia. The article claims people took the chance to write homophobic comments.

Nexus mods may have felt the modder was promoting a negative agenda. Which is probably something they dont want on their website and apart of their community.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
I think part of the reason he was banned was because the mod was inciting homophobia. The article claims people took the chance to write homophobic comments.

Nexus mods may have felt the modder was promoting a negative agenda. Which is probably something they dont want on their website and apart of their community.

That, or they’re just another group of pandering woke assholes.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Not surprising at all.

I wish I could come up with a mod. I see more “pride” flags and Ukrainian flags around here than I do the Canadian flag these days.

Since the trucker thing up here the Canadian flag has a bad rep with the Woke.

In Edmonton the city banned having the Canadian flag being flown from cars and trucks during last winters protests. Any resistance was rewarded with a stunting ticket.

Then along came hockey games, the Ukraine war, and gayness. There were flags flying on vehicles everywhere virtue signalling their team and sexual preference.

Bastards stole the rainbow, I’ll take the Maple Leaf thanks very much.

I live in Edmonton and I never heard about it being banned.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:07 AM
link   

And what does that accomplish? About as much as the edgelords burning the american flag..

it's a welcome to the club gesture.

gotta love the 1stA

what's good enough for my flag is good enough for others.

joel billy said it best.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

That maybe or it could have being staged for the game's popularity.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

it's a welcome to the club gesture.

gotta love the 1stA

what's good enough for my flag is good enough for others.

joel billy said it best.

So If I dye one of my many American flags bright colors and cut a hole in it.., can I call it "Old Glory... hole"?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   

If you can burn a flag, you can fly one. If you choose to fly one, it should not get you banned for your choice of flag.

But it appears, changing your flag to your choice of flag, does just this...

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The problem was NOT the mod itself.
The problem was in the accompanying images.
"Dude stop" .
If the modder had presented the mod in a neutral way , as all the rest , it would have stayed .
Member of Nexus since the Daggerfall days .

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
"If people who do not like these things simply stopped giving companies money, they would quickly stop with the political messages."

This here! That is the only way to hurt them. And not only because of that rainbow BS. There are much more reasons to not throw money at current games, their devs and studios anymore. When i was four years old i played Pong, since that i am a gamer or at least wanted to be one since i played Pong at a friends house but had no own gaming device since i was 6 or 7.

I remember all the stages the gaming industry went through and now we are at a point where i call it the Hollywood Situation. Too much, way too much unfinished, not well thought, not well executed games full of bugs, often no matter if AAA studios or early access hobby devs. I remember times when you paid for a game, got something in your hands for your money and that sh!t was finished and worked from beginning to end. Otherwise they only would have sold "three" copies because at that time nobody would have paid for games of such low quality like nowadays games.

Today every crap is bought (and then even praised, no matter how bad it in reality is) and so the studios and devs think: Why should we invest time and manpower to produce something good if we only need to put some cream on top of a pile of dung, to sell it as mousse a chocolat. It just needs a well placed hype train before release and people will buy it only because other people buy it and not even because they play these kind of games.

I simply buy almost nothing anymore and it is getting less from year to year. And i only buy games after they at least were released one year before, in hope they are at least a bit polished and the major bugs are fixed. Only in sales or key shops and when a game at least is under 20 euros, better under 15 or 10. And after reading negative reviews, watching game play videos and after talking to people who already own the game. If i still want to buy that game after what i learned about it while doing my "research" for days or even sometimes weeks before buying a game.

It really is that simple, if people would stop to throw money at that silly gaming industry and the BS it sells meanwhile, that industry would be forced to change it´s behavior because it simply would make no or not enough money anymore. But it´s the same sh!t with the gaming industry like with everything else. If you have a huge, dumb and grey mass that is ready to pay for and eat dung with cream on top (maybe decent graphics), without questioning anything, then you have won. A mass that even is saying, after eating a bit of that dung: "What a tasty mousse a chocolat, the best i ever had". And the industry thinks: Why should i serve real mousse a chocolat if the dung-eaters are already happy with eating dung with a bit cream on top?

Meanwhile we play games like, for example, Virtua Tennis from 2012 and almost only older games like Company of Heroes 2 because they are at least fun and work and everybody is able to play them without "training"(playing the same sh!t 24/7 first for a while) or whatever crap. Most new games try to be simulations but mostly all miserably fail and are only over-complicated fun killers.

To make it short, it simply isn´t worth anymore to throw money at that gaming industry if you want finished, fixed, polished, well thought, working and almost bug free games of quality, that rainbow and political correctness re-education problem isn´t even the biggest problem customers have with this industry meanwhile.

But hey, everything that tried to go "woke" went broke after a short while, as reality shows us live right now. So this low quality gaming industry might be next.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Modder didnt get banned for having american flags. People were complaining it was generating a lot of homophobic responses.
edit on 17-8-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join