It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People living in and around a giant treehouse on Portland city property are terrorizing neighbors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have one sleeping on my couch right now. He is a Vet with severe PTSD. Along with other health problems. I found him freezing in his truck 2 years ago. I don't have much I live in a 32 foot Airstream. I was lucky I got it 2 months before I got a on the job injury. He did do something in march. The next door kids broke his window in his truck. All he did was shot up in the air to scare them. I took it away from him and when the cops came I told them he shot a bb gun , and they took that kid to jail. We called the V.A and got in the mental ward for a few weeks. He only get like $129.00 a month. How is going to pay rent with that? If I had more room I would help more, but I only have one couch. I can only help one person. If we could work together we could get our Vet"s off the streets. This would get 60% of homeless off the streets. This guy has a good plan to help.
youtu.be...
Hope that link works.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarantula777
a reply to: tamusan

Hey!

You guys all slate the elites for your imagined paranoiac population culling vaccine exploits and look ye here! You are treating powerless homeless people like garbage. No wonder they respond in a like manner. Everyone must defend themselves against such oppression.

You guys even say your dogs' lives are more important than human beings. You give the universe full jurisdiction to pay you back with karma. What happened to treating others as you wish to be treated? How can you dare say you have anything to do with Christ if your thoughts are this hateful? You must remember Christ's words are all about the inside of the cup, not the outside.

Now don't you think a more mature and healthy attitude might be to blame the system for making such a hopeless social situation? Who is responsible for this? It is not the homeless person. Nobody wants to be imprisoned in any kind of ghetto.

It may be that you yourselves are to blame somewhat too. How much do you value society and collectivity? If you are all about the needs of one you will be faced with the consequences of that, which you are facing increasingly with each new passing day. Evolution does not work like your minds do. You are the ones losing. It is right in your face now.

This whole situation seems rather just to me. It is a karmic balance, not pretty, but it is the reality we make.

We only heard one side of the story here. There are two sides to every dispute. I would be interested to know about all the complaining and lack of compassion from the moaning side too.

There are all kinds of people. We are all right in our own and everyone's faces. Let's face that music and learn to dance. There is no alternative. It is that or more of this, this, this. They will even invade Bill Gates' nation territory he is building for himself on all that lush farmland he's taking from America and many others like him are. All that farmland, all those potential crops gone to net zero starve the world while they have millions of acres of farmland they took with their billions.

If they let the masses go to hell. If YOU let the masses go to hell life will become so ugly it will not be worth living...no matter how wealthy you are. Your wealth will testify against you and make you just a bigger target to shoot at.

Homeless guy random and unprovoked attack on an elderly man sitting outside a cafe/restaurant

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
No one has a lighter and some gas?

They only do that to fed court houses, duh...

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Wait for a hot day and set the tree on fire.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: Tekner

Search for threads on Cliven Bundy.

Thread after thread after thread.

I never saw anyone mention they though it would be ok for them to terrorize and shoot at neighbors. If you think the Bundy incident is anything like this then I'd love to hear the mental gymnastics that get you there. A standoff over government owned land vs homeless encampment shooting at people that live near by. Maybe if the government came in and tried to remove them from their forest encampment and that resulted in a standoff it would make sense. But you know they won't do anything about this. They'd rather arrest a farmer for letting cattle graze on government property. They'll send in a heavily armed force for that, but homeless people terrorizing neighbors? Eh not their problem.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

While i feel bad for the couple in this story, the rest of your OP seems to look down on the homeless with pretty harsh eyes.

Not all homeless are deranged drug-addicted lazy grifters making a career of panhandeling. Many are down on their luck and take no joy in asking for money and help.

There's gotta be a middle ground between portland and "dont help the homeless, it only encourages them".

Its not really about the homeless, its about Portland and the people who live there. I say every house in Portland should open their doors to 1 or 2 homeless and solve this issue. You don't parade around saying you are a homeless sanctuary city then tell them to get off your lawn when they come.

I met a guy who did that. He was just plain old, retired, and lonely. The person he invited turned abusive after a short while, and he had to "evict" him, which was no easy task.

Most homeless people are just jackarses. Duchebags nobody wants to hire (and nearly every business in Portland IS hiring right now!!)

Ex cons out of prison. Drug addicts. Or just grown children whose only life skill is self entitlement, and refuse to work because depending on someone else is their actual strategy in life.

You meet real honest bad luck people sometimes. Most of them are either very old, or crazy, or they won't be on the street for very long.

originally posted by: anonentity

They should be encouraged to go and live on the mayor's property.

That's the secret hypocrisy behind it: they don't let homeless people set up shop in the parts of town where the rich people live.

I actually work as a Mail Carrier in Portland, OR. I did one the mail routes up in the hills near SW Portland for a month. Saw exactly one homeless guy. The police got called on him, and he got removed.

My route now is near the Airport. Nicer area, but megahomelessness everywhere! I'll try and remember to take some pictures for you tomorrow!

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I don't know if I ever said what I thought of the Bundys on here or not, but I was quite upset that they had taken over the nature preserve, preventing me from going birdwatching there.

that's ok,

the FBI killed the bad men,

now the birdies are safe.

clean off the binocs.

grab the pith helmet and get out there.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
last time i checked, Americans had access to guns, what you waiting on FFS??

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Bad men? lol. I'm friends with the devil. He would have cleared the entire place for a new Harley.
edit on 20 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The system is obviously broken and
needs an overhaul . . de-tox programs,
rental caps, crisis advisers . . . are a start
Does the states not have zoning-bi-law personnel ?
Does the states not have wardens overseeing environmental
and forestry infractions ? They are the ones to call, not
the police.
Other than that,
I would be having a friendly chat with these 'neighbors'
about the grizzly bear that ate the last campers, and is
why my dog barks when the bears are around.
Let the warden know that the camp is attracting bears.
And ask for warning signs to be put up as well as
clearing out the bear bait.

Say what you will,
but if you had young children living next to this,
it would be a major problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't think it's primarily driven by crazies and drug addicts anymore.

People with real problems are mostly also eligible for programs. I've met some of those. There are some rent controlled apartment buildings in downtown SW Portland, which you can get into if you're in that situation.

The homeless setups I see around me, when I'm out delivering mail, show too much sophistication. When I used to deliver in Downtown Portland, I would see crazy guys ranting, living in a cardboard box, etc. But lately out in East Portland what I see is people living in campers and tents. Hunkering down right next to businesses.

I think it's just people who got tired of working so many hours to pay rent. Or getting talked down to by their boss. Decided to show they could survive without a job. Or wanted 7 days off a week, and willing to go without nice things.

A lot of "self made aristocrats" . Too good to work. Watching the businesses across the street to see if they leave anything valuable in plain sight, and unattended.
edit on 21-8-2022 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A treehouse full of buttholes, you say? The cure is Urushiol oil-tainted water ballons.

Just a suggestion into the wind (since the homeowners aren't reading) from the asshole kid who stuffed a few Poison Ivy leaves into water balloons to get even with a neighborhood butthead.

Loosely related Parlor Trick side note - I was immune to Urushiol, and still am, rip out a PI patch & it's subsequent regrowths in the yard every year barehanded.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why doesn’t one of the fed up neighbors just dress up like a bum and go burn that tree house down? Not like anyone would arrest him/her anyways in that crap hole.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We need something between prison and working person.

Most homeless people aren't committing any specific crime, of if they are it's petty crimes. But they're left out in the cold, to die on the street while murderers and rapists sit in cells, with a roof over their head and three meals a day.

The crime of "not being willing to work" doesn't seem like it's quite severe enough to warrant a worse punishment than murder.

Could we create something similar to prison, except you are free to leave?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join