It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People living in and around a giant treehouse on Portland city property are terrorizing neighbors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A couple living in Portland, Oregon have been tormented for years by homeless people who congregate near a sizable treehouse illegally constructed on public land next to their property. Recently, things have escalated with the homeless first threatening to shoot the couple's dog and then actually firing at the couple and their dog. The couple's barn has even been graffitied with offensive messages by the residents of the treehouse. The couple does not live on a typical city property. It looks like it is more of a small farm in the video.

The treehouse residents have been chopping down trees and littering. They've even illegally dammed a creek. The average citizen would have all kinds of legal issues if they were the ones illegally damming a creek or cutting down trees. Portland officials are not going to do anything about these violent homeless, as has become common in their "great utopian liberal city".

I almost feel sorry for the couple, but the people of Portland have brought this on themselves by electing city officials who are so soft on crime, especially when it is the homeless who are breaking laws. It's probably wishful thinking for the citizens of Portland to wake up and vote for officials who will return Portland to a city that I would actually want to visit. I'm sure that won't happen. They will likely double down on voting for stupid until the city becomes completely unlivable for all but the homeless.

I feel lucky to live where I do. We do not have all that many homeless here. They pass through on highway 101, but rarely stay for long. There are not many residents here for them to beg and steal from. I've never seen any of my neighbors giving money to panhandlers who do try it here. That is likely discouraging to the homeless who do try to make a go of it here. They never seem to try it for more than one day.

I had a difficult time choosing a forum for this one. Political madness seemed appropriate because this is politically induced madness.

People living in and around a giant treehouse on city property are terrorizing neighbors

A Southeast Portland couple says they've been terrorized for years by campers living in and around a massive treehouse built on city property. We talked with Kerry Stickler as he gave us a tour of his expansive property, just off Southeast Foster Road. He beamed with pride as he showed us the grove of trees where he and his wife got married a few years ago. The setting, right near Johnson Creek, seems serene. But Stickler's stories paint a much different picture.

"We actually had to put up a fence from Johnson Creek all the way back to the Springwater Trail, just to keep them out of our backyard," said Stickler.

[...]

I've noticed that I have many replies to my ATS activity from yesterday. I am not ignoring anyone and will respond at some point this week. It's been a busy day, and I am way too tired tonight.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
That sounds awful.
I guess they can’t fence their property?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Are bonfires a thing in portland?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Chainsaw.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Freaking Liberal cesspool in Portland.
I would get 3 or 4 buddies with chainsaws and cut those trees down simultaneously so that ghetto in the sky comes crashing down.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They did build a fence, but it doesn't seem like it is a deterrent.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

My first thought was, if this were me, the quoted part, "They've actually shot at us from up there when my dog was barking," would be followed in the article by "And then we turned that treehouse into a structure fire."

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xosephx

That would take care of the problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have evil thoughts involving jars of wasps and termites.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

We thought about living in Portland, but it took 10 minutes of driving around to change our minds.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Or a nest of angry murder hornets.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Can you buy poison oak and poison ivy seeds? Just asking.
edit on 8 16 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Or a nest of angry murder hornets.

Think molotov cocktail but only with mason jars filled with the buggers? As Tommy boy pointed out very eloquently “your fire arms are useless.”

Threaten to shoot my doggie will ya, i got something for you too fellas 🤗

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I think that part is what spurred me to make this thread. I care more about my dogs than I do people. Including myself.
edit on 16 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Is there a fast-growing poison ivy?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I did find one site. They seem to have a large variety of interesting plant seeds.

sheffields.com...

This poison oak might be good as the seeds are from Oregon.

sheffields.com...
edit on 8 16 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
An old bear trap buried in the leaves would be such a tragedy if one of those squatters should stumble upon it.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: starshift

That sounds malicious, but it'd probably make me laugh to read about.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Maybe they can apply for an exotic pet liscence and keep a jungle cat or two in the back yard like Tyson did?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: JinMI

My first thought was, if this were me, the quoted part, "They've actually shot at us from up there when my dog was barking," would be followed in the article by "And then we turned that treehouse into a structure fire."

yep
that would mean war.

i don't care what gas costs.

sorry officer must have been lightening.

what''s that sign say?
trespassers will be shot and if you live, will be shot again?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join