It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Suggests The “National Divorce” May Be Quietly Underway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   

On Monday, Axios reported on the latest findings of the Ipsos “Two Americas Index.” The upshot: “Democrats thinking about moving to another state are about twice as likely to consider blue states than red or swing states — and Republicans’ preference for red states over the alternatives is even more pronounced.”
The overarching theme of the poll was captured in one question: 80 percent of Democrats and 79 percent of Republicans reported that “they had little to nothing in common” with people on the other side, Ipsos noted.

In one sense, this is working out geographically.

“Democrats are more likely to consider moving to blue states (48%) than red (25%) or swing states (27%),” Ipsos noted, “and Republicans are more likely to consider moving to red states (51%) than blue states (20%) or swing states (28%).”

Link

Statistics and percentages aside, the focus of the article is that people are gradually dividing into two groups, and it is starting to show geographically. If the trend continues, we could see a country divided more than just ideologically. We have already seen the results of the scotus judgement on abortion. A lot of blue and red state governments went in opposite directions.

The results of this poll seem to indicate those who can afford to move to a state that represents their values, are doing so. On a personal note, I have seen this to a lesser degree in Southern Illinois. I know a handful of people who have relocated in the past few years, and they have all chosen states that align more with their ideology.

I am hoping to move as well in the not too distant future. If and when I do, it will be a red state, not because I am soooo conservative, but because I am a dreaded constitutionalist.

edit on 8/16/2022 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread!

I agree with the findings. Also, on the micro, I would apply this metric to Blue cities.

While Texas is a red State, alot of Democrats will move to Austin and Dallas, as they are the liberal meccahs of Texas. San Antonio is divided pretty evenly. Living in SATX, the Politics are about the same and our results don't mirror Austim or Dallas.

I think that may be due to more traditional blue dog Democrats than your newer progressive democrat types. Bluedogs mirror Conservatives here in Texas almost ideologically and they go to church, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

this is a very good outcome and should be applauded. Red states policies don't work well for progressive minded people, and the same is true for Blue states leadership and conservatives. This allows those who like the soft of crime polices to live in soft on crime areas, while those of us who prefer law and order can have that. Of course that's just one aspect of this, but it conveys the point.

The problem comes in when progressives move to red areas trying to bring their failed policies with them and vote as they did in the failed areas they fled from. Likely due to the fact that idiots are allowed to vote too.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wish that were true in Idaho! We're being overwhelmed with people coming from California, Oregon and Washington. They want the freedom Idaho offers, but when they get here they demand all the safety nets uncle sammi provides. Southern Idaho is slowly turning blue, and that's the most populated power center of the state.

I've watched in the last few years as politicians have moved from states they operated as Democrats in to a red state, change their party and get elected as a Republican. They vote RINO, and I don't think this tactic is accidental.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Right, however the implications may be far worse than you think.

Together we are strong. Divided, we're weak.

Basically, the makings of Balkanized States. When that happens, coupled with losing our Reserve Currency status, is when things reach interesting levels.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I wish that were true in Idaho! We're being overwhelmed with people coming from California, Oregon and Washington. They want the freedom Idaho offers, but when they get here they demand all the safety nets uncle sammi provides. Southern Idaho is slowly turning blue, and that's the most populated power center of the state.

I've watched in the last few years as politicians have moved from states they operated as Democrats in to a red state, change their party and get elected as a Republican. They vote RINO, and I don't think this tactic is accidental.

If the article and poll is correct, we are in the early stages. You may yet see a change in the demographics of Idaho.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: network dude

Right, however the implications may be far worse than you think.

Together we are strong. Divided, we're weak.

Basically, the makings of Balkanized States. When that happens, coupled with losing our Reserve Currency status, is when things reach interesting levels.

Nailef it. No chance in hell that the two polar extremes will live together in harmonious unity. And once the world sees the Formerly United States divided, the country will become prey like a wounded bird.
:
edit on 2022 8 16 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Another element of this is “The Great Retirement” - as I think of it.

People raised their kids, did their jobs/had their careers, and then decided to relocate where they feel comfortable retiring.

Typically, people don’t relocate to places they hate or don’t enjoy.

So, you’ll get a natural geographic divide that’s driven by political or personal ideology and preferences.

The fracturing is nowhere near complete.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Thanks for this thread!

I agree with the findings. Also, on the micro, I would apply this metric to Blue cities.

While Texas is a red State, alot of Democrats will move to Austin and Dallas, as they are the liberal meccahs of Texas. San Antonio is divided pretty evenly. Living in SATX, the Politics are about the same and our results don't mirror Austim or Dallas.

I think that may be due to more traditional blue dog Democrats than your newer progressive democrat types. Bluedogs mirror Conservatives here in Texas almost ideologically and they go to church, lol.

Thanks for your post; I live about 90 miles or a bit more west of SA, (San Antonio). You have confused me however. Isn't the City Government of SA almost entirely Democrat?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I think I may have figured out how it ends. My guess would be that the mid-terms will be dispositive of nothing and that there's a better than even chance the Dems take POTUS again in 2024.

If that happens, I would guess they'll make changes behind the scenes while and where no one is looking, to the Immigration regulations to open the US to mass immigration from China.

China has a Billion or more people; they can easily spare 200 million. When that happens, the CCP will officially be in charge of the Democrat party and it's game over.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I disagree. The leftists will always populate conservative areas in order to flip them.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Southern governors and conservatives need to start talks.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Maybe privileged society can afford to relocate according to their political flavor, but not me.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

... Statistics and percentages aside, the focus of the article is that people are gradually dividing into two groups, and it is starting to show geographically. ...

The focus of the Poll™, or the Goal™ ? ...

Opinion-takers, or opinion-makers ?

Data-scoopers, or data-poopers ?

" An independent Poll™, says that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend brushing with Creeeeest™.
The other one recommends chewing aluminum foil. "

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Unfortunately I'm stuck in a blue state with lots of loonies

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: Klassified

... Statistics and percentages aside, the focus of the article is that people are gradually dividing into two groups, and it is starting to show geographically. ...

The focus of the Poll™, or the Goal™ ? ...

Opinion-takers, or opinion-makers ?

Data-scoopers, or data-poopers ?

" An independent Poll™, says that 4 out of 5 dentists recommend brushing with Creeeeest™.
The other one recommends chewing aluminum foil. "

And more doctors smoke Camel's than any other cigarette.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
I disagree. The leftists will always populate conservative areas in order to flip them.

Are you saying the average democrat has more disposable income than the average republican? It would seem so if they can move around solely for the purpose of flipping states.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What a tragic state of affairs.

How shallow and manipulated do you need to be, to move interstate because people (your fellow Americans) share a different political opinion to you- spoon fed to the lemmings by masters who don’t believe it themselves.

I can’t believe there’s people supporting and applauding this.

The ideologues will be America’s downfall (if not already) and it won’t be the red ones, it won’t be the blue ones. You will all be as guilty as each other for being manipulated in to thinking your little team are the morally superior and making enemies of your neighbours, allowing yourselves to be manipulated by whatever form of media you consume.

Bloody lemmings...

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This is a good thread, it seems believable. Some scientists even think that liberals and conservatives have different neurological setups. I can definitely see this national divorce happening.

Remote viewers think that the United States will break off into different regional districts with their own governments by 2040. Take that with a grain of salt, but it seems likely to me.
edit on 16pmTue, 16 Aug 2022 17:47:55 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join