It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas child protective services worker fired after telling 14-year-old girl to enter sex work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The unidentified Texas Department of Family and Protective Services employee was dismissed following her conversation with the girl, who recorded the conversation while she was in foster care.

The video was first aired by Fox 25 in Houston. The girl was being housed in a hotel before a foster family could be found. The video shows the girl asking the employee for food, then being encouraged by the employee to become a prostitute.

“The person in the video — who was employed as (child protective services) support staff — was dismissed from her position August 10,” DFPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said in a statement.

“The safety and appropriateness with which children in care must be treated is our paramount concern. Nothing less will be

Texas child protective services worker fired after telling 14-year-old girl in foster care to enter sex work

What in holy hell is this crap?

I was getting ready to go to bed when I saw this article. I'm stunned and at a severe loss for words over this.

What kind of people are they hiring to work as government employees these days? And in Texas, of all places. They need to do more than fire this person. Perhaps life in prison would serve as a warning to all other people working in public service.

I wish that I could write more, but it would all come out as an immensely profane rant. 
edit on 16 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow according to this report It’s happened before
that CPS has actually been involved with child prostitution.

Video at the link

www.fox26houston.com...

This is wretched!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It is wretched. I cannot believe that the union is making excuses for the CPS worker in the article that I posted. That is direct evidence that unions are not good for the public interest.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Texas child protective services worker fired after telling 14-year-old girl in foster care to enter sex work

What kind of people are they hiring to work as government employees these days?  

Do you really need to ask ? Government jobs are nothing but a minority job program. Look at how inefficient how government is at all levels. Says everything.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Child protection should be renamed long time ago, even in my country. To "child dealing" or "child money machine". Why?

After I lost my parents and family in an accident and came out of hospital, my aunt and uncle took me in when leaving the hospital. Next day police and child protection arrived to pick me up. They would have taken me with force. My aunt and uncle objected and already had the lawyer on phone before I left the house. They drove me around 40km to the next institution what is close to being an orphanage. I had to spend a night / two days there just because.

There, I, 14 year old, was pressured to sign something that would have given financial liberty away and put me into an SOS Kinderdorf. These are huge housings where hundreds of children are "kept" and "cared for", in exchange they take the orphanage rent and "save it away". Of course I did not sign it and refused to eat and drink. Years later a huge scandal got public with these SOS Kinderdörfer, who not even give the basics to these children, instead try to get "patrons" that pay money to the institution to spend time with their "bought" children.

It took an external psychologist, two lawyers, my angry uncle and aunt and a lot of follow up visits by child protection until I could be officially adopted and stay with my uncle, aunt and their daughter who was about my age. If not for them, I would probably have lived there until I got 18 and then would have been able to sign out legally.

This # has method, it's a gold mine for people without a soul who make a very very very good living from the orphanage rents and only supply basic needs, if even that. Makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So why is this a problem?
There are loads of women out there with only fans screaming that sex work is real work. There are also many main stream outlets saying the same thing.

This cps worker is just ahead of the curve....🤪

www.teenvogue.com...

www.aclu.org...

Seriously, there might be a winnable lawsuit for this employee.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Age.

There are loads of women out there with only fans screaming that sex work is real work. There are also many main stream outlets saying the same thing.

In some countries, sex workers are considered workers like anyone else. That doesn't mean there isn't a age limit.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

This cps worker is just ahead of the curve....🤪

www.teenvogue.com...

www.aclu.org...

Seriously, there might be a winnable lawsuit for this employee.

I don't think you're funny. 👎🏻

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

It is wretched. I cannot believe that the union is making excuses for the CPS worker in the article that I posted. That is direct evidence that unions are not good for the public interest.

Unions are terrible for the public interest.

They are also terrible for free markets and artificially increase the cost of goods and services - all while reducing efficiency and quality of output.

I’ll never forget my BA 101 professor, years ago, telling an auditorium full of young minds why he’ll never own a Jeep or any GM produced product. He talked about the lack of incentive for union employees to do a good job, how under performance doesn’t matter, corners are cut, people were installing critical components drunk on the job - all shielded from repercussions by the UAW.

After earning a minor in Econ, I learned how right he was about unions and their economic impact. I can’t validate his stories, other than him noting he experienced first-hand via his family what he mentioned above, but it makes sense.

I then learned as an adult who pays for goods/services the impact unions have on quality and price.

Use independent shops whenever possible and support any de-unionizing efforts you can find.

Otherwise, you’re just artificially inflating costs/wages and supporting a mediocrity shield via union support.

What’s funny to me is my comments get union labor all fired up. They talk about all the good they do. How they help members. Etc. But, they don’t ever note that nothing is free and all of that comes at a cost - which is shared with all non-union members for the benefit of union members.

They also find “strength in numbers”, which implicitly states they need numbers and have little strength independently. This is why non-union organizations almost always are more successful - those who are capable don’t want to be diluted by a union, and want incentives to outperform/innovate/grow. Talent, and therefore innovation, does not flock to or flow from unions.

Bad for the public interest, indeed. Kind of funny that teachers claim to be real smart but ignore the realities above - cognitive dissonance abounds in union circles.

PS

I have some family members who are firefighters. Very conservative bunch. Also, a very brave and noble bunch. They also vote straight dem because it’s good for their union and therefore their income. I’ve had one tell me about how they vote “you do what you gotta do sometimes” to cement their big retirement pensions. They literally hate the politicians they vote for. It’s all about lining pockets. Sad, really.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Another example of a low level employee being emboldened by current political Leadership 😀

School attitudes and emboldenments doesn't help either

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I hated paying union dues as my money supported political candidates I wouldn't be caught dead voting for.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Appreciate you posting the video link, but I wish they would stop talking over it every time they show it. The news report was kind of ridiculous with that.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join