It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 out of 10 cats does countdown!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I can watch this show all day... oh who am I kidding, I pretty much do..

Our UK members will have likely seen this, but I think it's funny af, so lets see how our US bretheren fare.

-- There is a guy on youube who watches things he's never seen things like UK Comedey and his laugh is so infectious...

Bare in mine, being unapologetic, there is some naughty humour

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

I watch it regularly, its funny AF and of course there is the added bonus of the gorgeous and stunning Miss Rachel Riley

RIP Sean Lock

The episdoe with Joe Wilkinson and his poem is a true classic, brief highlights of it from 35.45 ish in following video

and for proof of Rachels brain and beauty

Have I said that I think Rachel is stunning....oh I have more than once.

edit on 000000p3110America/Chicago815202218 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just to clarify, this is a combination of two different programmes.
There is the original Countdown, involving Rachel Riley and a different presenter, for members of the public.
Then there is the original "8 out of 10 cats", a comedy celebrity quiz show, established by this presenter.
This show in the opening post is a "comedy celebrity" version of the Countdown formula.

Incidentally, the origin of the "8 out of 10 cats" catchphrase, from memory, goes like this;
A pet-food company commissioned a poll, and then began a TV commercial campaign claiming "8 out of 10 cats prefer Whiskas (?)"
The advertising watchdog had two objections;
a) The pollsters had not asked any cats for their opinions.
b) In presenting the results of the poll, they had not allowed for "don't know" answers.
Not wanting to give up their beautiful poll, the company rewrote the wording into the rather poetical "8 out of 10 owners (who expressed an opinion) said their cats preferred it".

edit on 15-8-2022 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

I watch it regularly, its funny AF and of course there is the added bonus of the gorgeous and stunning Miss Rachel Riley

RIP Sean Lock

The episdoe with Joe Wilkinson and his poem is a true classic, brief highlights of it from 35.45 ish in following video

and for proof of Rachels brain and beauty

Have I said that I think Rachel is stunning....oh I have more than once.

Rachel is absolutely one of the most funniest and gorgeous women on the planet, She's a mathematician, a physicist, and Quantum theorist - what a dreamboat for a mind like mine. She the female equivalent of Brian Cox. That viking head set disguise, though, and Sean's "Well that's an awkward wank!" moment kills me to tears every time

Indeed RIP Mr Lock. The world is a lesser place for losing him. He was brilliant in his silly humour. Loved him to bits, and it broke me, when I heard he'd passed...

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have been watching for a few years what episodes I can on youtube, I this show, and WILTY and a Big Fat Quiz. Have begun watching some others, definitely funny and entertaining and much better than American gameshows.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Haha I know, been watching it for years. 8 out of 10 cats, is far less humorous than without the countdown component though. 8 out of ten cats prefer... Owners..
silliness, but in a completely UK fashion.

Almost as good as the Big Fat Quiz of the year shenanigans - when you have Noel Fielding and Russell Brand on it... Always helps with this panelists, I love so much Claudia..

Long video, I know, but have to

edit on 15-8-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Have been watching for a few years what episodes I can on youtube, I this show, and WILTY and a Big Fat Quiz. Have begun watching some others, definitely funny and entertaining and much better than American gameshows.

I just watched the video I posted, and am still feeling so much better for it

classic fun. a bit bawdy but all in all if you take it as it is, you cannot help but smile

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

A great show with some hysterical guests like Joe Wilkinson and host Jimmy Carr is funny. Also, yes Rachel is both smart and beautiful.

edit on 15-8-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sorry to say though she has one minor flaw

She is a friend of Ryan giggs
, no the issue is...... she is a United fan, sadly for me, oh and happily married, its not looking good

top topics

join