It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The poor will freeze to death in the UK.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Or as i see it, the energy companies will continue to increase their prices as they know every consumer has an extra £400 for bills during that period

In the long run the money will probably end up going the same way as the "Warm Home Discount Scheme" meaning the £400 will end up being paid to the supplier on your behalf so it cannot be reappropriated for ulterior purposes.

Especially so since like you suggest all politicians are thiefs, frauds and cheats who require their backhanders guaranteed.
edit on 19-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If people have to decide whether to eat or stay warm that extra money is a taxpayer gift to the energy companies, The shareholders are literally paying themselves. The inflation will negate anyway. I would imagine a lot of people will try and bypass the meters and use every trick in the book.

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

If people have to decide whether to eat or stay warm that extra money is a taxpayer gift to the energy companies, The shareholders are literally paying themselves.

Pretty much.

I would imagine a lot of people will try and bypass the meters and use every trick in the book.

It's harder to do and a lot easier to get caught bypassing meters these days depending on the type/age/vulnerability of the meter of course.

Plus they have been known to hand out jail sentences if you get caught tampering with them.

Again though if it becomes untenable to be able to pay for power and gas, people will indeed do whatever they have to do to survive.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join