It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51-year-old man charged with murdering 2 Muslim men in Albuquerque additional charges possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted there has been so much going on, here's the original thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

A man has been detained and charged with murdering two Muslim men, Albuquerque police announced Tuesday. Four Muslim men have been killed in the city since November, and authorities believe the suspect may eventually be charged in the other two murders.

Muhammad Syed, 51, was identified as the "primary suspect in the recent murders of Muslim men," police said Tuesday, and charged with murdering Aftab Hussein on July 26, and Muhammad Afzaal Hussian on Aug. 1. Detectives connected the two cases using bullet casings found at the two scenes.

www.abqjournal.com...

Federal authorities believe a son of the man accused in the high-profile shootings of Muslim men around Albuquerque may have played a role in at least one of the killings alongside his father.

Shaheen Syed as seen in a 2021 Florida driver’s license. (Source: U.S. District Court court records)
Shaheen Syed, 21, who used to go by “Maiwand Syed,” is in federal custody and charged with providing a false address when he bought a gun in June 2021, allegedly saying he was a Florida resident.

According to a motion to detain Syed filed in U.S. District Court in New Mexico, cellphone records show he possibly helped his father surveil Naeem Hussain, 25, before Hussain was fatally shot on Aug. 5 outside a refugee services center in Albuquerque.

Shaheen Syed came under the eyes of law enforcement after his father, 51-year-old Muhammad Atif Syed, was charged with two open counts of murder in the shooting deaths of Aftab Hussein, 41, on July 26 and Muhammad Afzaal Hussain, 27, on Aug. 1. Authorities say Muhammad Afzaal Hussain was shot at with two guns and police matched casings found at the scene of both homicides to a pistol and rifle found in Muhammad Syed’s home and car.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Seems they all attended the same mosque. It was interesting how everyone just assumed some right winger was hunting Muslims.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Seems they all attended the same mosque. It was interesting how everyone just assumed some right winger was hunting Muslims.

Yes ma'am they did, not only here, but elsewhere too.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did I guess it was going to turn out to be another Muslim?

i just automatically assumed it was because well fanatics.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It was first reported as Sunni verses Shia hate. Then it changed to the dude was unhappy about who his daughter married.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

It was first reported as Sunni verses Shia hate. Then it changed to the dude was unhappy about who his daughter married.

Okay but why kill 4 people, was this to make it seem random? lots of questions for sure...

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don't know. I agree, lots of questions. We probably won't get many answers now that it's turned out that it wasn't some white guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I read it’s for both reasons. His daughter married a Shi’ite and he was unhappy about that because they are Sunni’s.

My memory may fail me, could of been the other way around though either way it was because his daughter married someone of the opposite sect of the same religion.

Absolute insanity.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Must've been a white supremacist racist disguised as a Muslim. Surely that was it.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Must've been a white supremacist racist disguised as a Muslim. Surely that was it.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I read it’s for both reasons. His daughter married a Shi’ite and he was unhappy about that because they are Sunni’s.

My memory may fail me, could of been the other way around though either way it was because his daughter married someone of the opposite sect of the same religion.

Absolute insanity.

I also make the Shia and Sunni connection to the marriage, but I've heard several members of that community deny it had anything to do with that. They are saying that he just didn't like the son in law or any of the other people that he had killed.
edit on 14 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Saying Muslims can't be right wingers?

Aren't the majority of them extremely "right wing" conservative?

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The Muslim face of white supremacy

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Saying Muslims can't be right wingers?

Aren't the majority of them extremely "right wing" conservative?

Only in the brain damaged minds of TDS suffering fools.

top topics

join