It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raid on Trump Inconsistencies and Contradictions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Reading the many threads related to last week’s FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property I have noticed a few things that don’t make a lot of sense.

I think it would be fair to say that most people, in both camps, would agree that IF Trump is guilty of anything after all of the years of investigations he is a criminal mastermind.

Very few people in the public eye would be able to hide wrong doing, like he has apparently, while enduring such scrutiny from the top levels of so many three letter agencies.

So.

Why did President Trump increase the severity of a security law that we are told he himself then broke?

Why did he leave documents that he supposedly intended to use against the national security if the USA in the same place that they were observed by the authorities on a previous visit?

Why were these documents packed up for him by the GSA? Was he aware of the contents?

Considering everything Trump has said over the years about the USA what would be his motive to betray his country?

And…

Why was a magistrate used instead of a judge?

Why did the FBI demand that the cameras at Mar-a-largo be turned off?

Why did they arrive unannounced instead of showing the same courtesy that they showed on previous visits?

This raid is unprecedented, why didn’t the sitting President know?

This is just a few to get everyone started.
Does ATS have any answers or just more questions?

Let’s see how long before this crazy train goes off the rails.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

All legitimate questions.
I agree…Trump is either the most successful, diabolical criminal in the history of the world to fool the hapless Keystone Kop Dems time after time or he is the cleanest, most innocent guy in history.
So what is it Liberal cult members? Trump keeps fooling your slapstick Dems who are soooooo stupid, with his criminal acts or he is innocent.
Which is it? One or the other.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Perhaps the better question would be. Why would someone from Canada want to stir up a bitter conversation?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This could be fun. I'll play.

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

This particular magistrate was on Jeffrey Epsteins payroll.

www.politico.com...
That source is not a right wing pub.

Reinhart represented some of Epstein’s staff, including a scheduler and pilots for the infamous Lolita Express, after leaving his position at the U.S. Attorney’s office in 2008 to set up a private legal firm.

The judge was also accused in a lawsuit at the time of breaking Justice Department’s policies by using information from his previous government job to aid his work as a private attorney. Although Reinhart denied the accusation, the judge’s former supervisors at the U.S. Attorney’s Office said that “he learned confidential, non-public information about the Epstein matter.”

www.dailydot.com...

So the DOJ goes and seeks a low level signature
from a man who worked for Epstein.

Yeah, makes complete sense.

edit on 14-8-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

They are just rattling the cage bringing attention to the act not the outcome. Trump will slide through these accusations but not before he, or any midterm candidate he has endorsed, is accused of being a traitor. It is the optics they want, they know they have nothing, but what does that matter when you can accuse someone who has to prove innocence?

I'm guessing he will be arrested and walked through the cameras soon enough. They'll book him and let him go, but the walk will go down in history.
Let us see how it turns out.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

Haha. If you do not see those questions as reasonable, then we can conclude you are willfully blind. I always challenge contradictions when I see/hear them, and my acceptance of their answers wanes when the rebuttal is subpar, or worse: a deflection.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Why did President Trump increase the severity of a security law that we are told he himself then broke?

Wanted to scare federal employees from ratting on him.

Why did he leave documents that he supposedly intended to use against the national security if the USA in the same place that they were observed by the authorities on a previous visit?

He and his lawyers lied to the FBI via a signed declaration stating they had no more documents, but then Trump got ratted out my someone in his inner circle that prompted the follow up raid. I presume his over confidence regarding how he dealt with the FBI was his downfall here.

Why were these documents packed up for him by the GSA? Was he aware of the contents?

100% aware, they were in his residence. In fact, he was there in June in full awareness of everything in his possession.

Considering everything Trump has said over the years about the USA what would be his motive to betray his country?

Money and power duh. The apprentice on steroids. Dictator on TV, hopeful dictator in real life?

Dont have a solid answer on this one. Perhaps he was involved in prior filings?

hy did the FBI demand that the cameras at Mar-a-largo be turned off?

That is speculation. No concrete evidence of this occurring has surfaced.

Why did they arrive unannounced instead of showing the same courtesy that they showed on previous visits?

Trump and team lied about surrendering all classified/top secret documents, thus the raid. Trump gave up his right to a polite visit after several attempts to stonewall federal authorities.

This raid is unprecedented, why didn’t the sitting President know?

These agencies should operated outside the realm of politics. If this was any other street thug or criminal, the Biden admin would not be informed unless imminently serious national security matters were at hand.

Does ATS have any answers or just more questions?

Pretty straight forward honestly. But, like many have asked, why not just arrest him already?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft

Perhaps the better question would be. Why would someone from Canada want to stir up a bitter conversation?

Firstly, I didn’t post this in the Pit so the intent isn’t to stir up any bitterness.

Secondly, there was no shortage of Americans contributing to threads about the Canadian truckers. From both camps.

Thirdly, I like my neighbour’s to keep a clean back yard. It’s good for property values.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Axios

Thanks for taking the time to go through the questions.

Is it true that the FBI was aware of and actually saw the additional documents and asked for them to be locked more securely?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: Axios

Thanks for taking the time to go through the questions.

Is it true that the FBI was aware of and actually saw the additional documents and asked for them to be locked more securely?

I believe they did not know at the time of the first visit in June. The FBI had a limited warrant for documents at that time and I guess they trusted the Trump team to turn everything over. Trump lawyers even provided a legal declaration stating they had handed all classified/top secret documents to the FBI during this time.

Fast forward to now, an informant tips off the FBI that Trump still has many boxes (11) of classified/top secret documents at Mar-a-lago, thus the FBI do the unannounced house visit.....

(post by JinMI removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Axios

That is speculation. No concrete evidence of this occurring has surfaced.?

There is no concrete evidence on most of your answers,
as such but a very clever response.

Trumps attorney has been on multiple outlets
with the claim the FBI directed the surveillance
system to be turned off.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

[snip]

This. 1000%
All anti-Trumpers have an aversion to facts and reality, he has scarred their feelz for life.
edit on 14-8-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

And the lawyer was on TV also saying that Trump and his family watched the whole raid on CCTV from NY. So if it was directed, they did not do it.

They likely did not believe Mr. Trump or they felt all Presidential material should be secured with a proper lock. As to why they requested it.

A quick search shows that Federal Magistrate judges are often used for warrants. I would imagine due to trial judges schedules.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

you mental midgets don't really care about facts.

This. 1000%
All anti-Trumpers have an aversion to facts and reality, he has scarred their feelz for life.

lul, y'all are so bad@ss, feelings are for libs right?

Y'all can continue to think Papa Trump has not lied to you and the american people.

For the love of god, the GOP needs to find another candidate.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Magistrate was the appropriate authority, in the state and county, to issue the search warrant. Next level up would have been a circuit judge, I believe. But, that would not have been necessary, since a Magistrate had the required authority.

FBI, as do all law enforcement agencies, have a duty to protect the privacy of people who become the subject of investigation, until an arrest warrant is issued. You know, innocent until guilty. As I understand, the FBI agent executing the search even dressed in casual attire, instead of uniforms, to better "blend in with clientele and not raise undo attention".

As it turns out, the fact that MAL staff did not turn off the cameras may have further fueled concerns within the Intel community regarding the access and security under which the most sensitive documents recovered, were kept.

As has been reported, the documents which were recovered in the "raid" had been previously requested. Apparently, one of Trump's attorneys claimed, in writing, that no additional documents remained at MAL.

But, also Apparently, someone from within Trump's own circle contradicted this claim, and the nature of at least some of the documents remaining were of so sensitive a nature as to present a potential national security threat.

Documents were found. They had been "politely" requested months prior. Trump's attorney, presumably with Trump's knowledge and approval (elsewise, why would one of his own attorneys set him like that?) claimed everything had been returned, per the request. That claim was a lie. When "someone" lies about things that can have national security implications, you do not sit around and write pleading letters. You act.

Why should a sitting President have any knowledge, not to say, involvement, with ANY action taken by the Department of Justice (DoJ)?

Are you suggesting that a President, which is a political office should be involved, perhaps to the extent of exercising "influence" over who is, and isn't, investigated or charged with crimes?

Regardless of what you may, or may not believe about how the Justice system works in this country, I really do not think you would want to Codify cronyism as a fundamental principle of our laws.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

This. 1000%

Y'all can continue to think Papa Trump has not lied to you and the american people.

Nope.
Trump will be the next president.
Start crying a river.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The liberals will go to unlimited lengths to protect their ideology; they remind me of indulgent parents. Their kids always get a pass, and the blame always lies on the only on the other kids.

I would think since the FBI went in and gathered up boxes on their first visit, they would have noticed all the others marked 'Top Secret'....unless they're completely incompetent.

Obama still has a bunch of records he took when he left office 6 years ago, and the FBI has accepted his statement that they 'can't find them'. If that were Trump, I'd bet the farm that the REEEEEE crowd would be accusing him of already having sold them to the enemy, but Obama? He gets a free pass.

It's one thing to be confirm in your convictions, but hypocritical? That gets old really fast, and the harder one side pushes with bias, the harder the other side digs in. Pppfffttt.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This. 1000%

Nope.
Trump will be the next president.
Start crying a river.

You might want to grab your AR-15 and join your comrades outside your local FBI office, you can fight the tears of the libs from there I guess.

You make not rational statements, pure emotional kneejerk reactions. Ironic, since you claim the libs have all the feelz.

I still have not heard a solid opinion from you on whether or not you agreed that Trump lied on multiple occasions to keep classified/top secret documents for his own purposes. Care to state an opinion on whether he can have the national secrets to sell to the lowest russian prostitutes' bid?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Magistrate was the appropriate authority, in the state and county, to issue the search warrant. Next level up would have been a circuit judge, I believe. But, that would not have been necessary, since a Magistrate had the required authority.

What do you say about the same magistrate who recused himself from the Trump v Clinton case for conflict of interest?

As it turns out, the fact that MAL staff did not turn off the cameras may have further fueled concerns within the Intel community regarding the access and security under which the most sensitive documents recovered, were kept.

What do you think about the claim that the FBI asked/demanded that staff turn off security cameras? (This is not verified yet IMO)

Why should a sitting President have any knowledge, not to say, involvement, with ANY action taken by the Department of Justice (DoJ)?

Simply because the DoJ in directly under the POTUS and this is a rather high profile action and possibly case, yea?

Are you suggesting that a President, which is a political office should be involved, perhaps to the extent of exercising "influence" over who is, and isn't, investigated or charged with crimes?

You know the POTUS can fire and hire for the leadership positions in these agencies at will, yes. And do, often? To pretend that any beurocracy isn't political is very naive.

Regardless of what you may, or may not believe about how the Justice system works in this country, I really do not think you would want to Codify cronyism as a fundamental principle of our laws.

Looks like many are actually completely ok with this idea. For proof, see the recently passed Inflation Reduction Act.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join