It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strained Hamstring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So, every week on a Sunday i go to the local park to kick the ball around with my son.

Today was all going fine, running around like a teenager, cardio isn't what it once was but no aches or pains.

So, i setup for a dead ball and my lads in goal and i try to absolutely hammer it with curl as i'm around 30 yards out and he's a decent keeper.

As i strike the ball and follow through it feels like a crocodile has jumped out of the grass and latched onto my leg, i go down the very next step.

Anyone have any home remedies for a pulled hamstring? After i limped home, i wrapped it in ice and took some ibuprofen but it's still agony, if i bend my leg it's like the croc has taken another nibble out of me. Problem is i can't really afford time off work so i'm going to have to take the pain and power through it.

Any help would be appreciated, i can walk on it but feels like something is about to snap at any moment.

Note to self, warm up and stretch before playing football.

Being 40 sucks.
edit on 14/8/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

In a study, 2 grams of ginger daily reduced exercise-related muscle pain.

Bromelain from pineapple can speed recovery of muscle or tendon injuries, but you would need a supplement because you can't get enough of it by eating pineapple.

And turmeric is a good anti-inflammatory. Here is a recipe that makes it bioavailable. golden paste

Even if these do give you some relief, you need to stick with resting and not overdoing it for a while.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Heat to warm it up, ice for inflammation, Epson salts, light stretches and rest should do it! Might want to get some tiger balm too.

I did the same silly thing about a month ago and will stretch next time too.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If it is severe, it would be best to see a doctor, but for mild injuries you can do some exercises once ethe pain and inflammation subsides. Straight-leg hamstring stretch, Bent-leg hamstring stretch, Isometric contractions, and Bridges are some good exercises for this.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
DMSO works for all my muscle aches they have it as a cream with aloe vera on Amazon and elsewhere.

It's been used by professional football players for decades.

muscleinsider.com...

and the article also mentions the value of turmeric as well.
edit on 14-8-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't know if it would help, but Theraworx does wonders for my leg cramps. Rub some in and my muscle cramps are gone in about 3 min.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It may be good to get checked out. Make sure nothing is torn.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I did something like that at work some years ago, when a machine blew up. I dont usually bruise, but within a day or so my whole upper leg went purple. That was back when I was still smoking something, so I didnt report it or go to a doctor. I just limped and kept it covered so no one could see. My son and his girlfriend gasped when I showed them. It was real bad. I think it was tore. It healed over time. You might want to see a doctor if it all goes purple, but if not, I think you will be ok in time. It will likely heal either way. We humans are very resilient

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Good advice already given by those above.

Just remember, you can do everything at 40 that you used to do at 20...it just takes much longer!

"What I used to do all night when I 18, now takes all night to do!

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You gotta be careful as you get older. Your muscles still stretch, but they need the warmup. It also takes longer to heal. If you are really in a pinch, I would see your doc and see if you can't get some physical therapy to help out. You might also consider a compression sleeve if they make them.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We are all dehydrated.

Drink more water.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, through a combination of them, I’ll make it to work today. Feels tight and painful but I can put weight on the leg now. Loading up on painkillers and heading out now, wish me luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I painted a house a couple of weeks ago, spent so much time looking up, i strained something in my neck, the pain was absolutely horrible, like i had swallowed a beehive..

Anyways after a couple of days i went to see the doctor, and he gave me a muscle relaxant, just one pill, felt better straight away and it gave my body a chance to start healing.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

wobenzyme, a systemic enzyme blend. take 5 to 10 3x per day, or every 5 hours

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.youtube.com...

systemic enzymes are different from digestive enzymes as they are enteric coated and are not destroyed in the gut but enter the bloodstream. also will dissolve scar tissue and regulate blood thickness as they are fibrinolytic
wobenzyme was invented by the east germans for their olympic athletes
yes, they are a bit pricey because they are expensive to make
take 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after, you must take on an empty stomach

www.drdebe.com...
www.youtube.com...
much info out there. i use it for maintenance daily
edit on 15-8-2022 by tatertot777 because: added a link

new topics

top topics

join