It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously - Why are you so afraid of everything and everyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I expect to get a lot of I'm not afraid of anything responses but I am truly curious about why your are so afraid (or hate):

The Government
Members of the Democratic Party
Immigrants
Women
Blacks
Browns
Muslims
Teachers
Union Members
and the list goes on.

I am truly curious about why you are afraid of theses things?

Will you feel safe if everyone thinks and acts and likes the same things you do?

I just don't understand this need for conformity to feel safe.

Help a person out here.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought political trolling and baiting wasn't allowed?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I could speculate, but I'm certain that there is no cookie cutter answer.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not fear. Situational awareness. People who don't understand or practice situational awareness often mistake it, in their ignorance, for fear.

It's the ones who are afraid that accuse everyone else of being afraid.

My son (who told me, "I don't have to think for myself.") lives in a state of subtle induced fear.

When the Fed announced that it was going to increase interest rates, I sent him a heads-up message (he holds a massive amount of credit card debt). It was just a piece of news that directly affected his life and I thought he'd be interested.

That message precipitated a literal two day long rant on his part about how I was afraid of interest rate hikes. (I do not hold any debt whatsoever so interest rates mean little to me.) He was clearly projecting his fear onto me and angry because I caused him worry.

Again, I try to maintain situational awareness. This means that I am aware of threats or potential threats that may affect me and my family. People who are oblivious to those threats will perceive my alertness as a threat to themselves and accuse me of being fearfull. The fact is that my state of awareness mitigates the need for fear as I am to some degree prepared for my environment.

So, I guess the real question is, How can you live your life in a state of ignorance, oblivious to the realities of the world around you?
:
edit on 2022 8 14 by incoserv because: I could.

(post by SeaWorthy removed for a manners violation)
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I feel like nuance has been lost on people like you. Everything isn't black or white/left or right. Like me for example I hate my government but love my country and my Columbian(brown) wife.

What does that make me?

What democrats fail to realize is not everyone is some cookie cutter definition of some label created by politicians or the establishment.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Why are you so nervous and shaky about everything and everyone?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Very thought provoking answer. I ken situational awareness.

You response was not an answer to my question directly and a nice piece of subtle diversion which does bring up the question of subjective threat as different from generalized fear.

Thank you, I was not clear in my question.

I'm curious about this generalized fear directed at others and trying to understand the specific personal fears underlying it as you pointed out.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I always say the the first two symptoms of the mental illness off progressivism is the inability to process humor and a total lack of self awareness. Perhaps I should add the inability to perceive subtleties and nuance to that list.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm assuming by your , very biased, 'examples' that this questions is purely aimed at 'right-wing extremists' or just 'right-wing Trumpsters' or just plain 'right-wingers' .
So, I'm also assuming that you're watching mainly 'left-wing' biased MSM (sponsored by Soros etc).

The MSM has been purposely stirring a divide between the 'left' and the 'right' , by those very examples you mentioned.

BLM, Antifa, unions , 'colleges' and 'universities' all sponsored by these same globalists who have been purposely trying to divide and to purposely destroy the US from within :

45 goals to destroy the US from within

There is no 'left' or 'right' imo. Just the 1%ers who are against us the 99%ers. Politics imo is all theater, to keep us divided.
A divided nation is easier to conquer , now we're fighting each other , instead of looking at where the fights have been purposely started : the 1%ers.

This is 100% about the 1%ers whom are fighting us , the 99%ers , as it's they feel , the only way they'll stay in power.
They are the ones who are afraid , not us . You may be afraid of whites, or of straight people, or men, or God forbid a white straight male , but these 1%ers are afraid of a UNITED 99%.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No,, I wasn't diverting. I understand exactly what you're getting at. I think it's your reply to mine that is an attempt to divert from a very clear and well thought out answer

There is a sense of "generalized fear." I see it in people who wear a face muzzle when driving alone in their car or riding a bicycle then become angry at others who don't. I see it in people who line up to take injections, the contents and long-term effects of which are unknown to protect them from a supposed illness with a survival rate of something in the neighborhood of 99.9%. i see it in people who are so frightened of guns that they'd rather have them outlawed so that only outlaws can posess and use them.

You didn't ask about people with those kinds of fears, so that indicates to me what you are getting at. It's not so much your concern with fear in itself, rather your disagreement with what people - in your perception - fear (as pointed out above by ancientlight.) Turn off the propaganda media; they are lying to you.

No, you were not unclear. Yes, some people live with a sense of general fear. But I feel certain that most of those whom you would think are fearfull are simply situationally aware. The fearful that I see around me are living in bubbles.

ETA: Sometimes fear is good and useful. For example, are your familiar with a movement called LGBTQ AGAINST ISLAMOPHOBIA? Yeah, queers absolutely should be afraid of Islam because they like to throw homosexuals off of rooftops and chop off their heads. LGBTQ AGAINST ISLAMOPHOBIA is just stupid because sometimes fear will save your life.
:
edit on 2022 8 14 by incoserv because: ETA.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I expect to get a lot of I'm not afraid of anything responses but I am truly curious about why your are so afraid (or hate):

The Government
Immigrants
Women
Blacks
Browns
Muslims
Teachers
Union Members
and the list goes on.

I am truly curious about why you are afraid of theses things?

Will you feel safe if everyone thinks and acts and likes the same things you do?

I just don't understand this need for conformity to feel safe.

Help a person out here.

If you could describe more fully what exactly you're talking about, you might get a better understanding....... unless understanding isn't really what this post is about...

For example... Why do you think it's a fear/safety issue with each of the issues above? Is there any chance that you could you be projecting your feelings onto others?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What interests me is your terminology. Why do you think anyone is afraid of any of the things you listed? Who is defining this? For example, the word "homophobia" is supposed to mean "fear of homos." Phobia = fear. This is now the preferred term to describe anyone who exhibits any criticism at all against gays. Someone or some group engineered the use of this term. But how accurate is it? If I simply do not like gays does that mean I'm "afraid" of them? Because I think the LGBTQ+ movement is a bunch of BS, does that mean I "fear" them, or might I think they are simply mentally ill? Do I fear those who advocate puberty blockers and mastectomies for children, or might I consider it child abuse where the perpetrators deserve time in jail?

The perpetrators have done a very good job of establishing the terminology we use to describe what used to be perversions into acceptable modes of behavior. I believe this was done quite intentionally with full knowledge of the goals of doing so. As a result we now have situations where a biological male can pretend to to be a woman (I mean "identify as a woman.") without bothering to remove his male appendage, then be seen as "discriminated against" when someone complains about him being in the girls' bathroom at the YMCA ogling young girls. Instead, the 80 year old woman who complained has been banned from the premises. Pt. Townsend YMCA

I certainly would be fearful for my daughter at the pool because this pervert pedophile is "identifying as a woman" and putting my daughter at risk. The real problem is that this is being allowed and considered normal by the rainbows and unicorn crowd virtue signalling their wholesomeness. They claim their own pure intentions by condemning anyone who dares raise questions about this idiocy. I do not far them as much as I fear people like you who are useful idiots to their cause.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The person that wrote this seems awfully afraid of Trump

A fact is these documents where never his to remove in the first place. They were the property of the US government (meaning you and me). If you believe in property rights (another subject), then you must consider this theft if nothing else.

Personally, the sheer arrogance of this man (I use the term very loosely), is appalling.

Any ideas who that was?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

fear stand for False Evidence Appearing Real

I simply fear the world falling apart around me.
I might hold, but the world doesn't seem to be doing so good.

Media is to blame for most of the fear, IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
....... unless understanding isn't really what this post is about...

I think that's pretty clear.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Imagine, if you will, posting a thread on a conspiracy website that starts out by saying why are you so afraid of the government when we've all been living in the upside down for a number of years now.

What can one possibly say to someone this unaware?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
... I certainly would be fearful for my daughter at the pool because this pervert pedophile is "identifying as a woman" and putting my daughter at risk. The real problem is that this is being allowed and considered normal by the rainbows and unicorn crowd virtue signalling their wholesomeness. They claim their own pure intentions by condemning anyone who dares raise questions about this idiocy. I do not far them as much as I fear people like you who are useful idiots to their cause.

And that, my friend, is situational awareness.

The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it. ~Proverbs 27:12

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Imagine, if you will, posting a thread on a conspiracy website that starts out by saying why are you so afraid of the government when we've all been living in the upside down for a number of years now.

What can one possibly say to someone this unaware?

I LOLed on that one.

You really can't say much. Besides situational awareness.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This ought to be fun...and it's good topic

While I have no doubt some here are as you are suggesting, afraid definitely is too strong of a word with probably the wrong connotation as well. I wouldn't use hate either. For me Ive always been mostly ambivalent politically in my real life I rarely if ever have these types of discussions outside of ATS.

I think most are just discussing the topics the media throws out there daily. It's a message board I discuss it here because entertaining and it's still semi-educational. I'm not trying to change any minds either, people have always talked about topical current events. Now we just do it on a message board.

Any approaches to politics are gonna seem inflammatory nowadays, personally the more political the less I believe it's urgent or serious. Not to mention we do have a small and dedicated troll contingent from various viewpoints.

as for the list and being scared and afraid is too strong, for me even concerned, is pushing it. These are however topical subjects in our MSM and most of these subjects have been topical my whole life.

but I'm mostly Libertarian if anything and as long as we have a decent economy I'm good, as for the list even concerned is too strong of a word for all of them for me at least.

Ironic you left off Ukraine, Russia, and China all 3 recently have been topics discussed at length and I only mention them in relation to escalating the current war, that is a legit concern, and it would affect the economy.

The Government
Immigrants
Women
Blacks
Browns
Muslims
Teachers
Union Members

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join