It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man crashed car into barricade near US Capitol, fired gunshots before dying by suicide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess we will have to wait and hear the back story if there is one. But if it is innocuous we never hear the follow up wasn't the last one found to be completely personal related?

www.usatoday.com...

WASHINGTON — A man drove his car into a barricade near the U.S. Capitol early Sunday and then began firing gunshots in the air from the burning car before dying by suicide, police said.

The incident happened just before 4 a.m. at a vehicle barricade set at East Capitol Street NE and 2nd Street SE in Washington.

edit on 14-8-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Republican Fox News commentors say it was a liberal and strict DC gun laws didn't stop it from happening so it's proof that they dont work.

Democrat Fox News commentors say it was a Trump supporter mad about the search warrant for classified documents like the last guy who tried shooting at the FBI base but they're trolling right wing media because CNN doesn't allow comments.

More news forthcoming, stay tuned!
edit on CDT10Sun, 14 Aug 2022 10:58:07 -050000000008b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Local news says there weren't targeting congress persons, which is obviously good. I wonder if this was a new barricade or one that has existed for awhile. Wasn't one of these incidences just a driver frustrated with all the closures and barricades? or I'm I misremembering?

WASHINGTON — A man died by suicide early Sunday morning after crashing his car into a barricade near the Capitol Building, firing several shots and then turning the gun on himself, Capitol Police said.

The incident happened just after 4 a.m. when a man drove his vehicle into a barricade at East Capitol Street and Second Street outside of the U.S. Capitol. When he got out of his car, it became "engulfed in flames," and he began firing several shots into the air, according to Capitol Police.

Officers immediately responded to the scene after hearing the sound of gunfire. Police say he turned the gun on himself when officers were approaching him, and fatally shot himself.

“At this time, it does not appear the man was targeting any members of Congress, who are on recess,” Capitol Police wrote in a statement. “It does not appear officers fired their weapon.”

Capitol police are investigating the man's background and what lead to the incident.

DC’s Metropolitan Police Department is handling the death investigation.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Wow, what a source, not blaming you.

Shot....from his car....into the air??

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Imagine being a die hard Trump supporter who lives and breathes the rhetoric Republicans say on this site and others. You actually believe what other Trump followers are telling you. The election was stolen, Democrats are threatening your life and livelihood, and something needs to be done about it.

You actually work up the balls to put your beliefs to the test. Then, once you “fight back” against the deep state and whatever perceived enemies you think are after you, the entire media system you staked your life on turns against you and calls you “fake” and a false flag. You’re thrown away like a piece of garbage by the same people you thought you were fighting for.

When I see these psychos that go out and act, I feel sad more than anything. Sad that a person sacrificed their own life for people who refuse to even acknowledge them as a patriot as soon as they get caught.

I guess that’s the Republican way.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Imagine being a die hard Trump supporter who lives and breathes the rhetoric Republicans say on this site and others. You actually believe what other Trump followers are telling you. The election was stolen, Democrats are threatening your life and livelihood, and something needs to be done about it.

You actually work up the balls to put your beliefs to the test. Then, once you “fight back” against the deep state and whatever perceived enemies you think are after you, the entire media system you staked your life on turns against you and calls you “fake” and a false flag. You’re thrown away like a piece of garbage by the same people you thought you were fighting for.

When I see these psychos that go out and act, I feel sad more than anything. Sad that a person sacrificed their own life for people who refuse to even acknowledge them as a patriot as soon as they get caught.

I was going to say that it's sad we have people with mental illness like this person but you would rather make it political. If this guy thought he was going out to fight for my beliefs, he did it for nothing. This was no act of patriotism.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Appears nothing apparent on social media

www.washingtonpost.com...

Police said the man, who wasn’t identified, did not appear to be targeting members of Congress, who are on recess.

At a news conference, Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger said officers “did not hear the individual say anything” during the incident. He said investigators were exploring the man’s social media and running his name through databases, but had so far found nothing tying him to the Capitol.

“We don’t have any information that would indicate his motivation at this point,” Manger said.

Capitol Police said investigators have begun looking into the man’s background; D.C. police have taken over the investigation into his death. Manger said investigators had found addresses for the man in Delaware and Pennsylvania, and he had some criminal history over the past 10 years.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So it was a trump supporter then??

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Might want to take a look at the 70 or so videos from these people in this thread. That way when when they do what they say, you'll know it's not a false flag.

Link

As for this guy. Not sure what he thought he accomplished for either political spectrum. Maybe just the usual suicide by cop type that failed, so he did it himself.
edit on 14-8-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ah guns(!) = republicans = must have been a Trump supporter.

I envy you simple mind, would make renovating easier for me, just paint everything with a broad brush and call it a day and pad on my own shoulder.

edit on 14.8.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I was going to say that it's sad we have people with mental illness like this person but you would rather make it political. If this guy thought he was going out to fight for my beliefs, he did it for nothing. This was no act of patriotism.

every terrorist has a mental illness, every mass murderer, torturer, sadist, etc... - it's about hate speech, about misinformation, propaganda. such content can trigger violence in a person, specially mentally unstable people. look at anders breivik. or mass shootings from the past. they all learned to hate on the internet. so if you deliberately spread misinformation, always be aware, it will be read by potential violent criminals and is another brick that eventually leads to something terrible.

right, such or similar acts (but maybe it was something completely different, we dont know yet) has nothing to do with patriotism. but maybe such people were convinced to act patriotically because they were surfing the wrong internet sites.
edit on 14-8-2022 by loufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

He got more stars than you for making it political so he wins.

Interestingly, it was critical of Trump supporters too. I didn't know there were that many Trump haters on this forum.

This isn't political mud pit and I'm treading on off topic territory. Sorry guys.
edit on CDT12Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:04:02 -050000000008b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: loufo
I think you mean every Democrat has a mental illness by what they are actually doing to the USA.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think you mean every Democrat has a mental illness by what they are actually doing to the USA.

Oh hell, everyone is going there now. I've got this bucket of mud here, who wants some? I'm going to plant it like a stack of bricks for BLM and antifa rioters.

Edit: It's courtesy of George Soros so it's immune to insurrection accusations.
edit on CDT12Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:11:38 -050000000008b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sounds like someone does not love it's government and maybe was seeking revenge on Biden.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This guy is getting his 2 hours of fame. I guess that's what he wanted.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

God creates and enables all of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The Cartoon Channel reported Ayahusasca in his blood stream and apparently he had been watching a string of cartoons all night featuring Yosemite Sam

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Imagine this Posts Conclusions are Pure Suppositions and you are Probably Right .........

edit on 14-8-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Appears nothing apparent on social media

www.washingtonpost.com...

Police said the man, who wasn’t identified, did not appear to be targeting members of Congress, who are on recess.

At a news conference, Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger said officers “did not hear the individual say anything” during the incident. He said investigators were exploring the man’s social media and running his name through databases, but had so far found nothing tying him to the Capitol.

“We don’t have any information that would indicate his motivation at this point,” Manger said.

Capitol Police said investigators have begun looking into the man’s background; D.C. police have taken over the investigation into his death. Manger said investigators had found addresses for the man in Delaware and Pennsylvania, and he had some criminal history over the past 10 years.

I'll say this I do appreciate them getting it out that there is no connection to the Capitol itself, it kind of makes it looks like just individual mental illness not necessarily politically motivated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join