It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Arrested, Tased By Cops While Trying To Get Their Children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ever wonder why regular people are getting sick and tired of our "boys in blue". Here is good reason.

After the nation watched as our fine law enforcement agencies held parents back while their children were executed in Uvalde do you really expect parents to stand by in hopes that it won't happen again.

Our fine officers have no problems arresting and tasing the parents who are desperately trying to get their kids out of harms way now do they? If I was a parent with my kid inside, I would be trying to get them out as well after the last "incident".

You got a parent that wants their kid, send in an officer to bring them out jackasses. This holding the parents back and turning on them is not how you win hearts and minds.

Parents arrested, tased while trying to get onto campus of Arizona school on lockdown

The arrests happened after police in El Mirage locked down an elementary school after a report that someone tried to get inside a building and ran off.

www.nbcnews.com...

Three parents were arrested, two of whom were tased, during a confrontation outside an Arizona elementary school that had been locked down over a report of someone with a gun Friday, El Mirage police said.

Thompson Ranch Elementary School was locked down after a report around 10:30 a.m. that someone who appeared to have a handgun had tried to open a locked door and ran off, El Mirage police Lt. Jimmy Chavez said.

Outside the school in Arizona on Friday, the three parents were arrested as several parents said they were going to go onto the locked-down campus to protect their children, Chavez said.

The other two, a man and a woman, were tased and arrested after they came to his aid, he said.

“They were physically attempting to get into campus, and they were getting into physical altercations with our officers,” Chavez said. “They were forcefully pushing onto the officers trying to get on campus.”

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
its a deep trigger point, the english went into open rebellion when they feared the state was going harm their kids this is a normal response to those fears and I am shocked a modern country could be so blind to the risks of harming parents protecting their children..

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
It would seem that the police should have been inside the building, in force, to protect the children. Are they all stupid or just cowards like Uvalde officers, and others? If anything happened to my children as a result of police inaction, I would hold the police commander personally responsible.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

what is the state for bar to protect the vulnerable failing that task is the state failing, my own country has failed that task in a bigger way that could be costly in the mid term..

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It might sound terrible, but is this really any different from a firefighter punching out a man trying to run into a burning building?

I have to admit, I'd probably do the same thing in that position. Maybe not tazering them, but I'd certainly have restrained them.

The last thing that the police need is additional people who aren't in on whatever the plan might be running around and potentially getting in the way. Or, worse, being mistaken for the shooter and being killed.

We've all seen the movies where a dumb civilian runs into the line of fire, or gets taken hostage, or gives away the heroes location.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
It would seem that the police should have been inside the building, in force, to protect the children. Are they all stupid or just cowards like Uvalde officers, and others? If anything happened to my children as a result of police inaction, I would hold the police commander personally responsible.

Yes, but if you'd run into the building and been mistaken for the gunman, your kids could be down a parent.

The police clear areas like this for a reason.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If it was one parent, maybe some domestic? Even trying to judge it with the presented facts?

As for a few parents wrapped up in this mess, something stinks, bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm not dumping on you, this just seems like a good place to put this.

I occasionally visit a site called "Reason.com". Right after the shooting in Texas they were still running articles about getting the Police out of the schools.

The school was "locked down". What part of that didn't those parents understand. The objective of the Police is to protect the school until they are certain that there is no threat. The best way to do that is to setup a perimeter OUTSIDE the school. How are the Police supposed to know if these people actually have a child in the school? In my opinion the Police acted correctly here.

Personally I'm against Schools, Colleges and Universities having their own Police Departments. Regular Police answer to the Local Governments. These others answer to Administrators. I've actually seen University Police act against Local and State Police because they were following the Administration's agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The majority of police officers are cowards. Usually, only become cops to assert their power trips for their past mistreatments. I've lived in a rural area for 30+ years and we have a population of around 38,000. I have not seen or heard of one school shooting at any of our schools. We have armed police officers on campus at all of our schools. This is probably why we have 0 school shootings. They could easily have armed parents volunteer to protect the schools. At least we know the parents will get the job done because they have children, they care about there. Start having armed security at schools present during school hours.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

With Uvalde, it seems you had one massive coward in a position of authority and then you had a bunch of others who didn't have the gumption to stand up to him.

It goes back to that experiment where humans are willing to inflict even lethal pain on others if someone in a position of authority tells them to and there are enough others following along to reinforce that behavior. It takes a strong constitution to rebel. Not many can manage it especially under stress.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Generally in those cases it is because the administration doesn’t want the college to get a black eye over the number of rapes. Things changed a little in Ohio when Campus Security was required to pass the Ohio Peace Officers Certification Test. Schools still hid things like allowing sex offenders to return after so long without notification of the student body. Which can and does blow up in their faces…until they back up the dump truck full of cash…then the story just goes away.

And you thought college was expensive because of professors demanding more money.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

FWIW, I live near Uvalde and we have been told that as a result of the massacre, over one third of the previous students parents have said they are permanently withdrawing their kids from the school district. Now, the school district has said they will start offering online education. That will fail miserably.

Because of Covid and other problems, the school district was on the ropes before this happened. My guess would be that before long the State will have to take over the UCISD, but enrollment continues to dwindle year over year.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The problem is that the police, in general (not all), refuse to clean up their own mess.

Years ago, police were respected as servants of the public good. Only criminals were afraid of the police, because only criminals had anything to fear from the police. Today, that dynamic has changed. Police are no longer respected for simply wearing the uniform, because the uniform is tarnished. Police are often feared by the general public, because the general public realizes that everyone potentially has something to fear from the police.

That's not a condemnation of the police officer trying to do their job and make it home at night; they deserve respect. It is rather a condemnation of the cop who is on a power trip and will not stop to think about their actions.

The bond between parent and child cannot and will not be broken by regulations, no matter the intentions of those regulations. It supersedes any laws. We all watched in horror as the worst possible case of a school shooting unfolded before our very eyes in Uvalde: the police became the accomplices instead of the defenders, standing outside for over an hour while inside a gunman murdered helpless children. Their one action was to prevent parents from entering the school to try to protect their children, while some of the officers did the exact same thing the parents were desperate to do.

Had the gunman inside the school had a friend who waited outside the school to ensure that no one else entered while he murdered children, they would be tried and likely convicted as an accomplice to First Degree Murder. But that is exactly what the police did! Are they in prison awaiting trial? No, they are at best out of a job.

So is it any wonder at all when the police are seen as either incompetent or unwilling to do their job in another event?

Police shootings were once a rare event. Today they are frequent. That's because at one time, helping a cop was considered an act of bravery and was often rewarded. Today, trying to assist the police is called "interfering" and often results in arrest and possibly a prison term. So they're on their own... no one wants to get involved because the police have taught them not to. That puts the police in a very bad position; they are always surrounded by people, and now instead of knowing they have the public behind them, they are almost completely surrounded by their self-made enemies.

I personally know several officers here. Some I simply avoid when possible; they do not deserve nor do they have respect from me or anyone I know. They're bad cops. Some are simply impotent in their duties; some are corrupt; some are just bad people in uniform. There are others I know who have my respect and who I would back up were there an incident. They are officers trying to do a very hard, dangerous job and still make it back home that night.

The problem is, I know them but not everyone does. As the number of incidents like this one and Uvalde increase, respect for their uniform takes a nosedive. I consider myself a supporter of the police,but I have to admit that every time I come into contact with one I do not know, I am apprehensive. I haven't done anything wrong, but does that even matter today?

There are two things that can eventually happen: either the police remove the bad cops themselves, including jailing those who violate the laws they are sworn to uphold, and make a concerted effort to show the public that they are cleaning up their own bed, or the police by necessity become more and more tyrannical in a misguided attempt to protect themselves until the people revolt against them en masse. One will happen given enough time. Only the police themselves have the ability to choose which one.

May they choose wisely. Thus far, they have not done so.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Just my personal experience so extreme anecdotal incoming.

Good cops make state troopers and county sheriffs deputies, mediocre/bad cops end up as city cops, terrible cops end up on school police forces.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You missed two other problems facing policing:

1. The overabundance of laws. When we are all potential law enforcement targets, we all have something to fear from the police aside from them being bad cops. No one wants to get entangled with the cops because none of us really knows what all they might discover we've done wrong. Ignorance is no defense.

2. The deterioration of basic respect between people. This is on all of us as a society. Too many people running around thinking the world revolves around them and everyone else is simply a meat-prop to their use and abuse.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

there are a lot of factors in play and none appear to give society a good outcome..

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Yes, but if you'd run into the building and been mistaken for the gunman, your kids could be down a parent.

The police clear areas like this for a reason.

They should clear and obviously occupy the area. Are they only standing outside for show?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I'm not dumping on you, this just seems like a good place to put this.

I occasionally visit a site called "Reason.com". Right after the shooting in Texas they were still running articles about getting the Police out of the schools.

The school was "locked down". What part of that didn't those parents understand. The objective of the Police is to protect the school until they are certain that there is no threat. The best way to do that is to setup a perimeter OUTSIDE the school. How are the Police supposed to know if these people actually have a child in the school? In my opinion the Police acted correctly here.

Personally I'm against Schools, Colleges and Universities having their own Police Departments. Regular Police answer to the Local Governments. These others answer to Administrators. I've actually seen University Police act against Local and State Police because they were following the Administration's agenda.

The police are not there to protect the school from the outside. They are there to protect the children who are inside who are being attacked. Inside is where the police should be heading immediately, not waiting for layers of backup. One officer would have made a difference at Uvalde.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Luckily the article gave us some important facts, like that a man with a gun attempted to enter the building but was unable and so ran away. No one got inside to begin with, but what makes you think there weren't more cops inside as that picture was being taken? If the guy decided to come back what steps could be taken immediately on scene that may help prevent a possible tragedy from occurring? It's a crappy situation for everyone involved and I don't envy any of them, there is a whole lot to try and consider when criticizing everyone involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The police are not there to protect the school from the outside. They are there to protect the children who are inside who are being attacked. Inside is where the police should be heading immediately, not waiting for layers of backup. One officer would have made a difference at Uvalde.

It depends on the situation. The incident mentioned here was that somebody tried to enter the school from the outside, failed and left. The threat was OUTSIDE. An outside perimeter was the best way to proceed. At Uvaled the shooter was INSIDE. Apples and oranges.

I'm not siding with the Police at Uvalde, but, what would have happened if the Police had stormed the school and killed the shooter? I'll take any and all bets that the Police would have been criticized as being reckless clowns who were looking for an adrenaline rush.

No matter what happens, these days the Police can't win.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join