It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 600 Migrants Caught the Dover Border Force Taxi Service on Saturday

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: chr0naut

It's 20,000 illegal migrants and that's what's detected. So far.

For starters it's a huge risk to life.

But of you want to break down the cost of integrating non English speaking asylum seekers into Britain then please enlighten us. I've got a good idea though considering they cannot use the normal channels (no pun intended) nor can they legally work, it's not just a few grand a year.

But those costs can be borne, and fairly trivially, by the vast numbers of legally employed and substantially more affluent citizens.

Not only that, but there is some indication that migration overall has had a net positive effect on the UK economy and undocumented immigration is part of that statistic: The Fiscal Impact of Immigration in the UK

The UK was once head of an empire which spanned the globe and incorporated many people from many nations as part of its commonwealth. That is why there is such cultural and ethnic diversity there today. The British Empire can no longer rape the rest of the world for the resources to maintain its 'greatness'. That empire has faded now but the knock-on effect is that the UK has few natural resources and a small manufacturing economy, but it is essentially a service economy, and its greatest resource now is people.

Ethnicist views have become a significant point of view among right-leaning demagogues of late, but the truth of history is that you won't achieve 'freedom' or wealth by isolating yourself like North Korea has.

The historical truth is that migration has been beneficial, and countries have thrived by monetizing that, rather than throwing it away as a potential source of income, as these 'isolationists' would have you believe.

The cost to the RNLI, which relies a lot on donations is also high. It's also trashing their public opinion too which is rather sad imho.

Anyways... That's a giggle coming from a kiwi.

An Australian citizen, resident in New Zealand.

I'd be happy for our nation to speed up it's immigration system and even clear the 'backlog' with the French despite it not being a British problem at all. Any legally viable link to Britain and we can fast track and take those migrants/refugees.

I am a descendant of King Louis XIV of France. The problem is that as French descendants, my family lived in, and owned significant lands in England. They would have considered themselves as English people (English Lords, even). The point being that most people in England have no real idea of their true genetic heritage, and it doesn't matter, either.

A lot of these migrants/refugees are paying £1000s to criminals. International people smugglers.

Your argument would imply that you think that these people are more crime prone than UK citizens. Some of those international people-smuggling criminals are UK citizens. UK citizens are not any less prone to crime that people of other nationalities or ethnicities.

They're traveling through multiple nations, also illegally.

When certain members of society don't play by the rules it costs us all, when outsiders join your society and never played by the rules? Yeah that's not costly at all is it?

As already shown, migration has been shown to be net positive economically. So, no, it isn't costly to you in the long run. That's the thing, if you don't look at the bigger picture, you can say all sorts of nonsense. I mean, if you are in stable employment, and being paid by your employer, you are costing him with every wage, are you not?

Nobody is saying it either but do you know the type of people who always avoid authority? We don't want them and neither does your nation. Hence all the bs and let the Brits process them... Putting the human rights responsibility solely on our shoulders.

These people give everything they have, and risk all, in a desperate attempt to survive.

They aren't more affluent and comfortable than you.

They don't have some sort of plan to negate you and your lifestyle.

When you accuse and block these people, who will ultimately come to the aid of you and your countrymen (we can see that from history), you do yourself, and your country, a disservice.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Of course immigration is beneficial to society; it helps it grow and continue developing.

Open door immigration is not, especially from cultures that refuse to integrate or even, as is often the case in some quarters, where migrants actively work to change the culture of their foster nation to replicate that from where they came.

Lots of these illegal immigrants come from countries with no historical links to the UK; north and east Africa, Syria, Albania etc.
Most of them have travelled great distances through numerous countries to get to the UK.
Why do you think it is so desirable to them to get to the UK and not France or say Spain or Belgium?

Do you propose that we should abandon all immigration laws and criteria and welcome anyone and everyone who wishes to live here?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Your argument would imply that you think that these people are more crime prone than UK citizens. Some of those international people-smuggling criminals are UK citizens. UK citizens are not any less prone to crime that people of other nationalities or ethnicities.

Not at all, I'm implying that people who willfully stay out of sight of the authorities have a damn good reason to do so. I'm forever implying that we should improve our immigration policies too.

As already shown, migration has been shown to be net positive economically. So, no, it isn't costly to you in the long run. That's the thing, if you don't look at the bigger picture, you can say all sorts of nonsense. I mean, if you are in stable employment, and being paid by your employer, you are costing him with every wage, are you not?

Actually no.

Underhanded dodgy jobs sometimes get people killed.

Off the books is off the books and sometimes it's a victimless crime but sometimes it's not. Small picture stuff but it matters.

These people give everything they have, and risk all, in a desperate attempt to survive.

They aren't more affluent and comfortable than you.

They don't have some sort of plan to negate you and your lifestyle.

When you accuse and block these people, who will ultimately come to the aid of you and your countrymen (we can see that from history), you do yourself, and your country, a disservice.

I never said they are more affluent.

I never accused them of anything.

I'm not blocking anything. Admittedly I haven't done anything personally for them but I've got a soft spot for the RNLI and I fully support the rescue of anyone stranded at sea btw... I just think we should get them over there and never repeat it.

There's proper channels, clean them up and go digital... It's the 21st century.
edit on 16-8-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2022 by RAY1990 because: Clean up

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another 915 people turned up yesterday raising the total of illegal crossings for this year to over 25,000 , up by 5,000 in just 2 weeks.

The figures showed the total number of people making the dangerous journey from France hit 25,146 on Saturday after a further 19 small boats crossed the water with 915 people on board.

It also brought the monthly total so far to 8,747, with a record-breaking 1,295 arriving in one day on 22nd August.

The numbers are continuing to rise despite the government's plan to send asylum seekers to Rwanda, which it claimed would deter people from making the crossing.

They have yet to deport anyone after legal challenges to the policy grounded its first flight in June, and critics of the scheme continue to battle against it in the courts.
news.sky.com...

This fisherman sums up why the crossings aren't as dangerous as some would like to think.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, y'all drive on the left side of the road, the light switch goes up for off, a Nation verbally proud of being most atheistic doesn't have a secular government yet and Conservatives don't care about illegal immigration.

You guys got issues yo, lol.

a reply to: gortex

edit on 28-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Seems like we both have illegal immigration problems?

Yes but they're so intentionally confused by their multi-party political system nobody know what to do. Been that way in the bastion of elitism for some time now. It's how those people with special bloodlines (ruling class) retain control over the populace.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
James Whale was ranting on about the arrivals on hi Friday show. Like he said if there weren't so many bone idle work shy lazy Brits who prefere to idle away their time on benefits then there wouldn't be the unfilled jobs that attracts these people overseas

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
James Whale was ranting on about the arrivals on hi Friday show. Like he said if there weren't so many bone idle work shy lazy Brits who prefere to idle away their time on benefits then there wouldn't be the unfilled jobs that attracts these people overseas

Well atleast we know they use the same tricks to flip it around on populace using the talking heads to lay the guilt trip on the lazy people... it's your fault not the government @@

tricky bastids...

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

ironically in the modern world you'll also find the same people suggesting the workers quiet quit..

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

James Whale is a complete and utter arsehole, a contemptible man.

I don't expect him to have any sympathy for either the migrants seeking entry into this country or the most needy and vulnerable in our society.
Everything is about him, his views, his feelings and he has zero empathy at all.

Back in the day I would have loved to have a private 'discussion' with him.....

He never thinks to wonder about the appalling misery many, if not most, of these would be immigrants are fleeing from.
Instead of questioning why they want to come here and what they are escaping he obsesses with stigmatising the poorest, weakest and most in need in our own society.
Not once questioning the thoroughly unfit-for-purpose education system that fails to provide students with all the necessary tools and learning to be constructive members of society.

Never advocating against a system that is loaded in the favour of a very small minority and their relentless pursuit of profit and control.
A society indoctrinated into supporting the generation of obscene amounts of money for those elites even in times like now where people are finding it incredibly hard to pay for basic essentials like heating/food/power/fuel etc.

He never complains about the appalling rates of pay people are expected to work for nowadays - how any family is expected to survive on minimum wage is beyond me.

All whilst record profits are announced by power and oil companies and major corporations etc.

But sure, lets blame the very, very small minority who chose to exploit the benefit system.
Let's label them ALL those on benefits as workshy and lazy.

Yes, we need to address the loopholes that allow some people who use the benefit system as a lifestyle choice, but this country faces far bigger problems that need addressing with a far bigger sense of urgency and priority.

Sorry mate, that's just looking at the world back to front, upside down and arse #ing first!
edit on 29/8/22 by Freeborn because: typo's and grammar

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

James whale spoke the complete truth.

There is a hard core of lazy buggers who can't be bothered doing a days graft in return for pay and expect the rest of society to fund their lifestyles and giving back nothing whatsoever in return bar being a drain on the rest of us.

We have more vacancies in Britain than people not working yet the layabouts continue to work the system so they can get the rest of society to pay for them. You know it, they know it, we all know it. Word got overseas and the foreigners know it too! They want money and want a job. What's the problem here?

Companies need workers, we are desperate for workers in the UK because the layabouts wont do the work!

Oh let's not forget the last lot who did the graft............... East Europens. Yet a segment of our society decided through a moment of jingoism to make the East Europeans feel unwanted and who can blame them? Brexit caused much of this. The workers went back to countries where they felt they were wanted.

Brexit plus lazy buggers caused this FB

When I was a young man everybody I knew the second they could worked, you know wanted to contribute, do their fair share, make a living. British had pride in being employed. How many times have we heard someone brag proudly they'd never made a claim, also done their job. Always paid their taxes. Life was harder back then. You din't get foreign holidays, Blackpool, Sceggie, Cheddar Gorge were the hotspots, but we loved it, that was our life and we were happy to work and do our bit, many of had no cars.

Heck even the layabouts expect a car, foreign holidays etc, etc on top of their monkey dust and smack supplies.

Totally totally totally changed! The youth see so much work beneath them. Be it the education system or to me more the social media of the internet etc I don't know but they don't want to work for a living like in our days. It's changed.

The foreigners have seen this and now take advantage of it. I've dealt with loads of Sierra Leone, Kurdish, Yugo, Ghanains, all totally great people, often fairly educated, always the most polite people and eager to work for a living, pay their taxes and contribute to society. Ship them in fine by me and many others I know. Come on boat people storm the beaches if you are reading this our country needs you!

Lots of us would go further if we could find away and rid ourselves of the layabouts smackheads monkeys dustheads thieving socially destructive local yobs and swap them for more boat people. Things is........... No country on planet Earth would want them and that says it all

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Well atleast we know they use the same tricks to flip it around on populace using the talking heads to lay the guilt trip on the lazy people... it's your fault not the government @@

tricky bastids...

Brexit too add that to the list!

All those decent hard working east Europeans who were encouraged to leave Britain by the Brexteer mob. The gap they left remains unfilled as British youth are beyond lazy, you couldn't even make it up!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

We've had a problem with illegal immigration since well before Brexit.
The problem has only been exacerbated by successive governments refuing to do anything about it.

We need to produce people coming out of school with the necessary skills for the current employment market.
That will only happen when we change our approach to education.

We need to get away from the obsession with profit - paying workers # money whilst the elite make obscene amounts of money.
Look at the current energy crisis - soaring prices because the elite want to not only maintain their levels of huge profits but also increase them whilst people suffer in misery.

People should be paid a fair days wage for a fair days work - that is simply not happening.
I made more money in the early 90's working in a factory than most skilled tradesmen and comparible factory workers make now.
The employee rights that our fathers and grandfathers gained have been gradually eroded and many workers are treat no better than cattle despite the predictable spin employers and politicians put on things.

Not everyone on the benefits is a lazy, skiving, scrounging baghead - far from it.
Its just that that is all you CHOSE to notice.

Educate and train people to meet our requirements.
Pay people a decent #ing wage.
Take away the benefit lifestyle option SOME people rely on whilst helping and assisting those in need of aid.
Enforce existing immigration rules and deport all not meeting current criteria.

You're looking at people who are at the bottom and blaming them for the mess caused by the very small elite who are at the top.
As I said before; that's looking at things upside down, back to front and arse #ing first!
edit on 29/8/22 by Freeborn because: typo and grammar

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

ironically in the modern world you'll also find the same people suggesting the workers quiet quit..

The bulk of what you're getting those ahem migrants haven't actually worked a day in their lives.

Our southern border is bringing mostly Latinos, not bad people really but our biggest concern now is the gangbangers coming in.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Plenty of hard working Eastern Europeans still here I assure you.

There's also plenty of nasty, evil Eastern Europeans as well many of whom are involved in illegal drug and people smuggling, prostitution, extortion and protection rackets and scamming and phishing operations.
Most of the illegal guns that creep into the UK come from Eastern European sources and their connections here.

And there's still a fair few trying their very best to exploit our benefit system same as those from the Middle East and elsewhere.....but sure, just blame the homegrown scrounging bastards!

Brexit was one the few good things that has happened to this country in recent years....we just need some leaders to stand up to the plate who are capable of making the most of the opportunity, something doesn't appear to be happening.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

There is a hard core of lazy buggers who can't be bothered doing a days graft in return for pay and expect the rest of society to fund their lifestyles and giving back nothing whatsoever in return bar being a drain on the rest of us.

They're a minority of a minority.

They still pay taxes on the non-bootleg and non-illicit things they buy, their social housing is a vital part of the economy and frankly I've never met a person who'd turn down free money! I kid, but they don't. Plus they have a right to it and it's turning into pennies as the night approaches.

We have more vacancies in Britain than people not working yet the layabouts continue to work the system so they can get the rest of society to pay for them. You know it, they know it, we all know it. Word got overseas and the foreigners know it too! They want money and want a job. What's the problem here?

Idk what the problem is.

You paid for my education and my existence during the 2000's and 2010's, I was a dole wally but I should have been doing construction. At the time it seemed it might have genuinely been easier if I took cash in hand and pretended I didn't have a CSCS card and a national insurance number in very broken English... 7 years you paid for me, 4 of them I volunteered and you paid for a lot of education too.

Idk what the problem is, maybe people expected too high of a wage back then? Maybe they're not paying high enough of a one now? I do # love social mobility though one good thing covid did was show people you don't have to work there. They'll pay more elsewhere.

Lots of us would go further if we could find away and rid ourselves of the layabouts smackheads monkeys dustheads thieving socially destructive local yobs and swap them for more boat people. Things is........... No country on planet Earth would want them and that says it all

Have a think on that what I quoted mate FB already did in what you replied to... Nobody wanted them in the first place lol cycles of messed up-ness and you'd expect them to be well-educated, productive members of society?

You're discounting the personal investment and the societal investments needed to break such cycles of faeces, they're a damn sight higher than the pay off that somewhat makes them go away.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

i don't tend to see the migrants as the issue but rather their enablers, that is those who claim they won't employ thrir own countrymen women, deeming them scum while enabling people traffickers to get cheap labour..

this push to get workers to silent quit looks more a ruse to replace them with cheap foreign labour..

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Bingo!

And not just that, but they're a very malleable non-free-thinking drones.

Hell a bulk of then are probably actually used to being abused and even beaten like slaves.

a reply to: nickyw

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

There's also plenty of nasty, evil Eastern Europeans as well many of whom are involved in illegal drug and people smuggling, prostitution, extortion and protection rackets and scamming and phishing operations.
Most of the illegal guns that creep into the UK come from Eastern European sources and their connections here.

Know exactly where you are coming from regarding the above and seen much the same in our cities, certain elements maybe in particular centreing on the former Yugoslavia and Albania do need fast tracking straight out of the country.

One caller on the Whale show came up with an excellent idea.....................

He said once they pick up the invaders (as he called them) the authroities need to bus them staright to Flokestone, stick them on the Eurostar and send them straight back to France. The best bit of this he reckoned, was it could be done before the lawyers could get involved, they'd be back on French soil and nothing according to him could be done. Interesting thought

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join