It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom and Dad both have covid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I call my parents once a week. They are getting up there in age. My Mom is 78 and my Dad recently turned 79. So I do worry about them. When I called them yesterday, my Mom answered the phone, and right away, I knew something was wrong. My Mom sounded totally beaten down. She stated that she and my Dad were both rapid tested a week before my call at the urgent clinic and tested positive for covid. They were both pretty sick. My Dad told me it was the worst sore throat he ever had in his life, worse than even strep throat. He had a really bad headache too. My Mom had a sore throat and headache too and has been coughing a lot.

The doc put them both on Paxlovid for a 5 day regimen, and they isolated. My Dad told me in very graphic terms what the Paxlovid did to his digestive system. I won't say any more than that, but it was pretty brutal. My Mom had the same issue. If any of you wind up taking Paxlovid, be prepared to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. They are finally starting to feel a little better, but the first 5 days were nasty for both of them. They had both vaccines, and just the one booster. They had been very careful, only going to the grocery store, where they always wore masks, and to doctors appointments. So they're really puzzled as to how they got it. I figure they got it grocery shopping. Most people are not wearing masks anymore. I don't either.

My Dad told me he wouldn't wish this on anyone. Thank God they didn't wind up in the hospital. The urgent care doc said it was a good thing they had a mild case. My Dad told me that if that was a mild case, he'd hate to see a more severe one. I told my Dad I think so far I've dodged a bullet, as I have taken more risks, and still have not gotten covid as far as I know. The only place I wear a mask is at my husband's nursing home because I have to there. Otherwise I don't. I have chorus rehearsal once a week and stand right next to other people and sing for two hours. Many in my chorus have gotten covid. I even spent a couple of days out of state at a chorus region workshop, where I was around hundreds of people for hours at a time, singing. One of the women who went to that, who drove us there and back, got covid. Another lady got pneumonia.

I know it's only a matter of time until I get covid. I'm more worried about my husband getting it than anything else at this point. I have been going out to eat quite a bit, and most of the places I eat are filled with people. I never wear a mask. I have a life to live. I think maybe covid is getting to be more endemic, like seasonal flu. Maybe in the future there will be a yearly shot and that's it. I don't want to have to get any more boosters, even though I'm fully vaccinated and boosted. I think the reason my parents were pretty sick was their age. One's immune system declines as they age. I'm just glad my parents are on the mend. Shortly after the phone call, I broke out in hives. Took a couple of benadryl and slathered cortizone cream as they were itching like hell. So far so good today.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Sorry to hear this. If they were not already taking paxlovid, I would suggest that they do some research on oregano or olive leaf and try one of the store-bought supplement oils meant for ingestion. I don't know how either of those would interact with paxlovid. I hope that your parents will get well soon.
edit on 13 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It sounds like they are getting over the worst. It's such a weird virus. I've known "high-risk" people who got it and sailed through it like it was a mild cold. Literally here and gone -n 3-4 days. Other seemingly super-haelthy people had much worse symptoms.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I think that diet and/or genetics play a major role for who gets seriously ill or dies from covid.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I think that diet and/or genetics play a major role for who gets seriously ill or dies from covid.

I agree. I follow the zinc, quercitin, vit D, vit C protocol. So far, so good.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That is one approach of many that should do the trick.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I also agree. I take Vitamin D, zinc, tumeric/curcumin, a probiotic, and garlic.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It sounds like they are getting over the worst. It's such a weird virus. I've known "high-risk" people who got it and sailed through it like it was a mild cold. Literally here and gone -n 3-4 days. Other seemingly super-haelthy people had much worse symptoms.

I myself think it's the version of Covid you get. The older versions are still running around and I think that gives you the more severe cold. Newer versions are getting more moderate with the most recent versions becoming a more "sucessful" virus as it can infect you but not cause the more severe symptoms.

If you're really worried about it I would suggest a good multivitamin with D3 supplements.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It sounds like they are finally getting better which is a good thing. I hope they do not have lingering effects from the virus, being that old there is not really a lot of time to do things they want to do in the time they have left.

That is the worst part of this virus if you are old, because of restrictions you have to watch not to expose yourself so much and being on the chopping block and not being able to go out and socialize sucks.

The wife and I figured we are going to go to more social functions like FinnFest and the fairs because we do not know how much more healthy time we have left to do these things....and don't want to spend our final golden years cowering at home. It sucks that when you retire you can't do anything when you worked much of your life and finally get time to do things you wanted to do but did not have the time to do when working.

By seventy eight I figure we are going to be pretty shot, we already are restricted at sixty six and seventy...my wife is three and a half years older than I am. But since we changed our diets to more natural home made stuff, we have more good time than we did six years ago, but nothing is forever.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Your dads symptoms sound just like mine in december. I had the worst sore throat ive ever had for a little over 2 weeks! Accompanied with a very high fever every morning, after 1 week i went to my urgent care as it wasnt getting better, and my throat lymph nodes were very swollen.

He didbt test me for covid, and gave me a 10 day antibiotic and sent me home, day 7 on the atibiotic and i threw up quite a bit after a nap, and felt like extremely better, no more fevers. The next day my sore throat felt better and was gone a few days later. No cough or anything...i had to take ibuprofen every 4 hrs to keep my fever down and my swollen throat...for 2 weeks!

I would not wish it on ANYBODY and i hope your parents fully heal and recover!

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

I also agree. I take Vitamin D, zinc, tumeric/curcumin, a probiotic, and garlic.

me too, as well as others.

Sorry about your Mom and Dad, hope for a speedy and complete recovery.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Organic compounds in turmeric have been scientifically proven to completely inhibit sars2 3CL protease activity. That's the same way that the paxlovid is "supposed" to work. Unfortunately, the organic compounds in turmeric are not bioavailable unless it is prepared the right way.

Here is the recipe that makes it bioavailable. The freshly ground pepper is important because the organic compound you are looking to get from it is fragile and rapidly degrades. Instead of eating this golden paste, I make curries using the golden paste recipe as a base. golden paste recipe

Garlic also has some strong antiviral compounds. Raw garlic is the best because heat destroys the organic compounds.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Organic compounds in turmeric have been scientifically proven to completely inhibit sars2 3CL protease activity. That's the same way that the paxlovid is "supposed" to work. Unfortunately, the organic compounds in turmeric are not bioavailable unless it is prepared the right way.

Here is the recipe that makes it bioavailable. The freshly ground pepper is important because the organic compound you are looking to get from it is fragile and rapidly degrades. Instead of eating this golden paste, I make curries using the golden paste recipe as a base. golden paste recipe

Garlic also has some strong antiviral compounds. Raw garlic is the best because heat destroys the organic compounds.

A huge believer in garlic turmeric and ginger, you've posted this recipe before it's indeed excellent.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The turmeric I take has bioperine in it, so it absorbs good. Thanks for the recipe. Will check it out. When turmeric first came out, there was no bioperine, so I would swallow two peppercorns before taking the turmeric.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Bioperine is the equivalent of the organic compound that comes from black pepper called piperine. This basically serves to keep the organic compounds from turmeric in your system longer. The actual metabolizing of the organic compounds found in turmeric is accomplished by a fat of some kind. And to be clear, it is the entire turmeric that has proven to completely inhibit the sarrs2 replication. Curcumin alone did not have the same effect. 

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Glad they are doing better. Everyone I know that is getting COVID and sometimes 2nd and even 3rd round of it are vaccinated. A client swears by a large warm glass of spring water with 1tablespoon of Apple Cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice first thing in the morning. Adding a little Ginger and Cinnamon cant hurt either.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

My 92 year old mother had it about 3 weeks ago. She felt terrible for about 4 days but is back to normal now. She's doing great!

I honestly believe it's like anything else - genetics and lifestyle.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Prayers for your parents.

top topics

join