It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brentford 4-0 Man Utd - 35 min First Half

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ahh Celtic, in the sturdy hands of Australian manager Ange Postecoglou no less! He’s doing great things there, reckon it’s a matter of time before he gets a crack in the PL.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: negedef

I reckon he’s got until the world cup

link   

Double dip.
edit on 1482022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

link   

Triplets.
edit on 1482022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

To be honest mate, I'd never heard of the guy before his appoinment and I like many Celtic fans was very, very sceptical about his ability to do a job there.
But hands up, the guy has done a remarkable job.
What little money he has had he's spent wisely and he's got them playing really good football.
What he achieved last year was extraordinary.

As for the PL; for selfish reasons I hope he stays for a few more years.

Its unusual for relatively unknown managers to be given a chance in the PL, certainly at the teams expecting to perform mid-table or better.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I reckon he’s got until the world cup

ye maybe probably its gonna be rough

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Training as normal today after Erik ten Hag canceled the players planned day off.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag cancelled a planned day off on Sunday after the 4-0 humiliation at Brentford.

With no game until the visit of Liverpool to Old Trafford on 22 August, Ten Hag had intended to let his squad have the rest of the weekend off.

However, the manner of Saturday's loss prompted him to revise his plans.

It is understood he was at Carrington early on Sunday to mull over the nature of a defeat that has drawn plenty of criticism from both fans and pundits.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Liverpool would be a tough match any day but following the result yesterday United's lack of confidence could provide another embarrassment next week.
edit on 14-8-2022 by gortex because: add link

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

To be honest mate, I'd never heard of the guy before his appoinment and I like many Celtic fans was very, very sceptical about his ability to do a job there.
But hands up, the guy has done a remarkable job.
What little money he has had he's spent wisely and he's got them playing really good football.
What he achieved last year was extraordinary.

As for the PL; for selfish reasons I hope he stays for a few more years.

Its unusual for relatively unknown managers to be given a chance in the PL, certainly at the teams expecting to perform mid-table or better.

He’s won titles everywhere he’s been, remarkable Manager and the only reason he’s not still managing the Australian team is due to BS politics with our football board (FFA) being Sydney centric and him a Melbourne boy.

As for the PL, I reckon if he gets you to any form of final in the Champions League he will start appearing on the radar of some clubs if he’s not already.

Sorry for the late response, had to avoid this thread in case anyone mentioned the Hammers/Forest result as I avoid results and watch after work at a more civil time than our respective time zones allow.

Great game but bloody hell we were unlucky not to get a result!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is absolute gold about cancelling the players day off.

Although Liverpool have had a less than ideal start they will surely slaughter United!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Absolutely hilarious video of United fans losing their sh1t watching the game

Comedy gold

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

ye mate united fans arent happy
i think its a good thing they letting ronaldo go hopefully they get a good striker to replace him maybe that will switch things around when ur main guy doesnt wanna play its always gonna be rough also good job to brentford
i wonder if liverpool does this to man man wil be down with 0 points after 3 games i mean liverpool could humiliat them again, i really wonder if ten hag doesnt get fired straight away if that happens

edit on 16-8-2022 by negedef because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

We won't have it all our own way this season....but trust in Postecoglou.

I know quite a few Hammers fans and once had a very interesting evening in The Boleyn.
It wasn't a match day but some 'characters' nonetheless.
Proceedings continued elsewhere, where I wouldn't reveal even if I knew exactly where - some tales to tell about that night but T&C and all that.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

PMSL.

For those who are speculating; there's no chance Ten Hag will lose his job....yet.
He has a free pass at the moment.
He's inherited an overrated squad with major issues - something is very wrong in that dressing room.
Fans know that....and they are laying the blame for the farce that Man Utd are at present on the Glasers.....and rightly so.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I agree Ten Hag is immune from the sack, at the moment. But United are genuine relegation candidates imho. If they are near the bottom 3 when the world cup starts i'd guess the board will panic into replacing him.
There is something very wrong in the dressing room, like you said. Maguire being captain is a cause maybe. Looks like he doesn't have some players respect.

Just goes to show how good a job Ole did with that bunch of over paid over rated 'players'

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ten Hag will be given at least the full season.
He's inherited a complete mess.

The decline can be traced back to Ferguson's time.
He knew what he was doing when he retired; he had an ageing squad that had peaked and needed overhauling.
Moyes was a good appointment, but he wasn't given enough time or support and he was under enormous pressure to maintain Man Utd's position......which was impossible with that squad.
If the Man Utd board had given him the same level of support Ferguson got when he was appointed - bear in mind Fergie was just one game away from the sack back in 1990 after 3 years of mediocrity - maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't be in the situation they find themselves in today.

Since then its just been a series of bad decisions followed by bad decisions and serial mis-management both on and off the pitch.
The Glasers have used the club to clear the debts of their US owned operations whilst increasing Man Utd's debts - that should be criminal.

I love taking the piss out of Man Utd fans because, well that's just the way it is, but I honestly hate the fact that the Glasers are ruining an iconic British club and I feel nothing but sympathy for their fans....but I wouldn't dream of telling them that!

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Na mate, if they're near the bottom at world cup time then that month will be spent trying to persuade Zidane or someone of that ilk to come in. If Ten Hag hasn't got them playing by then and they look as bad as they do now and actually look like relegation candidates, he's a goner. The fans will be calling for his head by then.

I agree its great fun slagging off the fans, they were loud enough back in Fergie's day.

As for the Glazers, im torn between how bad United have become under their ownership and seeing a once great club suffer. It is sad to see, but heart warming at the same time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join