It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geddy Lee , Alex Lifeson and Matt Stone - Closer to the Heart - South Park 25th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
25 years ago today the first South Park episode was unleased on an unsuspecting public, 25 years later the success of the Canadian show gave the perfect excuse to hold a party and get a couple of Canadian musicians involved , Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson were joined by show creator Matt Stone on drums together with Primus , who are touring the Farewell to Kings album at the moment , for moral support.

South Park: The 25th Anniversary Concert was held on August 9th and 10th and for your enjoyment here is a Multi Cam video of the return of a couple of old friends.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We saw Primus play their tribute to "Farewell to Kings' back in June and had some Purple Pachyderm wine from Claypool Cellars at the Q&A.

That was a great version of "Closer to the Heart' in you video. Geddy still has it.
edit on 13 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I prefer seeing bands 'live' close to their 'prime years' , it becomes depressing when it's so much later.
They're a great band
& love South Park

edit on 13-8-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I think for Rush fans it's great seeing them playing together because they're not a band anymore , Rush died along with Neil. Alex has a project but they are only recording so the chances of seeing Alex and Geddy are slim to none.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think for Rush fans it's great seeing them playing together because they're not a band anymore , Rush died along with Neil. Alex has a project but they are only recording so the chances of seeing Alex and Geddy are slim to none.

I'm the same with all bands I listen to. So , probably because it reminds me how much time has passed. Some bands , I still occasionally listen to, I've listened to since I was 18. I'm approaching 50

edit on 13-8-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Absolutely love Rush only saw them live once, way back in the 80s, it was excellent such a great concert. They had a concert at a Toronto Music festival though that was off the charts.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: gortex

I'm the same with all bands I listen to. So , probably because it reminds me how much time has passed. Some bands , I still occasionally listen to, I've listened to since I was 18. I'm approaching 50

I get that, it can be a bummer when a group you loved in the 80s and 90's aren't as legit as they were. Most times Ive been surprised seeing the old favorites live again. Steve Miller was excellent even if he had a guy helping on the vocals, same with Bob Seger and a few others who have aged well. I guess it's all subjective, but considering I don't get most of today's music I lean towards staying with most anything pre-2000's, except for a few

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The South Park 25th Anniversary Concert is airing on Comedy Central Tonight (Aug. 13) at 10 P.M. EST. Set your DVR. I did.

I wasn't aware of this collaboration though.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 07:13 PM
link   

That is cool.

Also saw Primus do A Farewell To Kings. Les had trouble with Geddy's vocal range but I was more impressed by Tim "Herb" Alexander's ability to not screw up the greatest drummer to ever live. And he nailed Cygnus X-1.

Theoretically if they wanted to do a tribute tour there is a drummer that can pull it off.

It wouldn't be the same but fans may appreciate the skill of watching another musician "climb Mt. Everest", which is what Les Claypool described learning A Farewell To Kings as equivalent to.
edit on 13-8-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Primusween, it will clean your drains. Or so Les says.

What a fun concert. South Park certainly deserves this 25th anniversary show, at Red Rocks which is so damned beautiful. The projections on the rocks were fantastic, such a interesting way to do the show. I've only been there for two shows but I doubt anyone has done that before.

Didn't know the guys were that proficient at music but I should have known. They've been doing musical bits since day one.

top topics

join