It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Calvine UFO Image is finally out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

2 chaps just released this.
They got a hold of former RAF officer Craig Lindsay, who kept himself a copy of the image and held it in secret for 32 years.
I remember hearing Nick Pope talk about this photograph. Describing its shape and a plane - which is a harrier jet in close proximity.

Read the article below and tell me what do you guys think...
Super secret alien visitors.
Or a very down to earth Black project?

Link to article

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh how i miss those days when we just had to decide if photos were faked, and how the govs just hide the grainy photographs instead of the grainy footage

it looks identical to the artists impression we had for years, very cool, but because its a well dated case with just a photograph theres not much we can draw from it today

back then this photo would have at best gained more public interest and wonder, knowing full well it wouldn't prove or disprove anything, it was obviously hidden for the reasons of exposure to the topic

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

space aliens with little green men from mars? Come on folks, this is a weather balloon, and anyone who believes in little green men from Mars needs help. It's like you people have never seen swamp gas.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Dude. It's obviously the Batwing.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Mirror article from 10 Oct 2020 so this is not new.

A secret dossier that details one of Britain's most famous UFO sightings is to be kept secret for another 50 years.

It apparently contains incredible colour photos taken in 1990 that allegedly show a 100ft craft hovering over Calvine in the Scottish Highlands.

Two hikers were walking in the area when suddenly they say they saw a diamond shaped aircraft over the landscape before speeding off into the distance.

You should view the image at full size by opening it in another tab if you're on a PC.

This photo is higher quality than the one in the newer article and shows good detail.

Enlarged only, no other manipulation...

Looking at the older version before it was manipulated the object is clearly close to the camera and small. I'd say the detail is actually printed on the surface of whatever the lighter-than-air toy or kite it is.

Odd they forgot it was already out there. I smell a hoax. Just my opinion of course.
edit on 8/12/2022 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like how it's obvious the object and airplane aren't on the same plane. Object in good focus, airplane out of focus. As if you tossed something in the air and snapped a photo as an airplane was flying by. The camera focused on the foreground object.

edit on 12-8-2022 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Interesting, I tried to enhance it in gimp.
Could we please just make official contact already.

Org

Contrast

Inverted

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
clearly a refraction of Venus caused by a weather inversion.

thanks for post OP. real food for thought.
one of the better pics, even if it is fake.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In addition, notice where the paper it is made of is wrinkled.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Enhancing or filtering images changes them and is not helpful.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I believe the one you posted is the image that Nick Pope helped with the artist rendition of.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Two hitchhikers captured this photo of an alleged UFO in Calvine in 1990 (Image: Cynon Valley Leader)

Could be as I have no idea whether either source is credible.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This was a still taken from a mock up video that was commissioned by Nick Pope for a TV show.

TLDR - He says he was flown to LA in 2015 and hooked up with a graphic artist to recreate the poster on his wall for a TV show. The show was broadcast on Channel 5 in the UK in the summer of 2015.

However it has now been revealed that this 'original' photo was kept hold of by Former RAF Press Officer Craig Lindsay.

That is until Dr. David Clarke tracked him down with the help of other researchers.

There's more information in Clarke's blog here : The Calvine UFO photograph – revealed

Clarke's current view is

....When I last published an update on this story I concluded it must be a hoax.

But now I am convinced the Calvine UFO photograph shows one of these US classified ‘Black Project’ programs. There is evidence that the Americans, and possibly also the British government, have found it useful to ‘keep the UFOs flying’ because they provide a useful cover for their own covert military activities.

But in this case, their cover was blown by two young men who were in the wrong place at the wrong time....

The photographic analysis from Andrew Robinson, the senior lecturer in photography at Sheffield Hallam University is posted as pdf here : Link

edit on 12/8/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thanks so much for the info.

I don't see how an analysis can be done without the negatives.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Mirror article from 10 Oct 2020 so this is not new.

A secret dossier that details one of Britain's most famous UFO sightings is to be kept secret for another 50 years.

It apparently contains incredible colour photos taken in 1990 that allegedly show a 100ft craft hovering over Calvine in the Scottish Highlands.

Two hikers were walking in the area when suddenly they say they saw a diamond shaped aircraft over the landscape before speeding off into the distance.

You should view the image at full size by opening it in another tab if you're on a PC.

This photo is higher quality than the one in the newer article and shows good detail.

Enlarged only, no other manipulation...

Looking at the older version before it was manipulated the object is clearly close to the camera and small. I'd say the detail is actually printed on the surface of whatever the lighter-than-air toy or kite it is.

Odd they forgot it was already out there. I smell a hoax. Just my opinion of course.

You've got your wires tangled

You've posted an artist CGI impression, that's not the colourised original

i dunno... is it a psyops ? not sure why there is a need to keep secret for another 50 years the full report &pictures of blimps? maybe because it has radar evidence and pilot testimony and other pictures from military sources, which makes the picture far more interesting, guess well have to wait

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nick Pope has come out and said he can't confirm or deny if this was the photo he had up in his office at the MOD as it may still be classified.

So basically confirming it is the one he had up

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Looks like a hoax to me as well.

Manmade and for some reason it has tiny, crude tailfins that does what exactly?

edit on 12-8-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaaaaamazing

LMAO YES!

I just saw that myself. Im glad he chimed in on it and said that.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

The CGI artist rendition has the visible tail fins.

The actual photo however, doesn't have that level of detail.
Its what you would expect from a personal camera in the early 90s.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join