It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salman Rushdie Attacked on Stage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I have actually read an opinion that Baphomet (The Satanic old bessy goat thing), and the one allegedly worshipped by The Knights Templar, was an intentional corruption of Muhammad during the crusades.

Raymond of Aguilers, a chronicler of the First Crusade, reports that the troubadours used the term Bafomet for Muhammad, and Bafumaria for a mosque.[9] The name Bafometz later appeared around 1195 in the Occitan poems Senhors, per los nostres peccatz by the troubadour Gavaudan.[10] Around 1250 a poem bewailing the defeat of the Seventh Crusade by Austorc d'Aorlhac again uses Bafomet for Muhammad.[11]

Maybe Muhammad was commanded by Shaitan? I mean it told him to marry a 6 year old so I wouldn't rule it out.

edit on 12-8-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Latest update is Salman Rushdie is in surgery.

Author Sir Salman Rushdie, who has faced death threats for his novel The Satanic Verses, has been stabbed "up to 15 times", including in the neck, while on stage at an event in New York state.

The Indian-born British author has been airlifted to hospital but his condition is not yet known. His agent said he is undergoing surgery.
news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Appreciate all the informative and thoughtful comments, ats!!

Stabbed in the neck. Just awful.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
New York cops name the attacker as 24 year old Hadi Matar of New Jersey.
Middle Eastern sounding name.

Edit:
www.msn.com...
edit on 12/8/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: link added

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Update from Salman Rushdie's agent

"Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged," his agent, Andrew Wylie said.

No motive or charges have yet been confirmed by police, who are in the process of obtaining search warrants to examine a backpack and electronic devices found at the centre.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
The news is not good.
news.yahoo.com...

He was attacked on stage, and is now on a ventilator and unable to speak, Andrew Wylie said in a statement, ....

"Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged," his agent, Andrew Wylie said.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A 24 year old armed man attacking a 75 year old for writing something he didn't like.

What a world.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Salman Rushdie is now off the ventilator and is able to talk.

But early on Sunday, Sir Salman's agent, Andrew Wylie, told the Associated Press the author was no longer being ventilated and was now speaking.
news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I think i was still a school boy when the fatwa was issued about that poor Man.

Hope he pulls through and recovers.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Thank you for updating the thread, and I'm so glad it's good news.

What a testament to the man's strength.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Maybe Muhammad was commanded by Shaitan? I mean it told him to marry a 6 year old so I wouldn't rule it out.

Christianity is not any better on that score.

What age was Mary when God impregnated her in her sleep, without even a by your leave? And another mans wife no less.

Then there is the fact that in the USA, even today, children are being married to 40 year-old men down to religious indoctrination same as in some Muslim nations.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.unicefusa.org... =CPC_MAR_2022_SpringCampaign_20220610_google_campaign_delve_none&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuuKXBhCRARIsAC-gM0hkzqQeL18NefXZC3KDPgKd9FVkiQ8WBx7ktkC9HkzFslZokJI5NxU aAsQyEALw_wcB

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

He's off the ventilator and on the road to recovery but may lose an eye, his liver is damaged and the nerves to an arm have been severed.

I also heard his attacker is pleading "not guilty" (?!!!!)

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Darn, not quite out of the woods yet. I'd read he was cracking jokes, and perhaps took a little too much cheer from that news.

About the attacker/murderous cowardly thug, no comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

None necessary!

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The venue he was speaking at refused security. They believed it would change the climate of their insular community campus by having security for someone will a multi-million dollar bounty on their head. What they ensured was violence on the speaker they invited and forever changing their own climate for allowing such an event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join