It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Captain Who Disappeared 35 Years Ago Arrested in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

I read the above article earlier this morning and found it interesting. This guy just up and deserted from the Air Force abruptly in 1983. He was listed later as a deserter. Somehow he was able to keep his identity a secret for 35 years. They found him in California after authorities were doing an investigation on passport fraud. He was arrested in 2018. Not sure if he did any time. He stated he was depressed. There has been speculation that he defected to russia or was involved in espionage.

I wonder if maybe there's more to the story. Apparently at the current time, his whereabouts are unknown. Having served 20 years in the Navy, I have a hard time wrapping my head around why people desert the military. Most of them are found pretty quickly. How this dude managed to hide for 35 years is a mystery. And possibly a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
Deserters are usually very liberal. They are cowards, selfish, thoughtless, and their actions indicate they believe they are above the law. They are not patriotic at all

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'll agree to disagree with you on the liberal part, but the rest of it I agree with. It is a selfish narcisstic person who decides they are above the law and rules. I never knew anyone who deserted. When I was in boot camp though, a couple of gals tried to escape the base. They got caught right away though.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm more interested in how people are going to spin this agaisnt California for doing their job on finding fake, fraudulent passports... isnt California this open borders paradise, supposedly?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Some people can walk through life without others or society paying them the slightest bit of attention, until it does.

There is no true anonymity to be had in today's world, but still a measure of opacity here and there, depending on how one chooses to live their life.
edit on 11-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

it is kinda a contradiction ain't it.

cali offical, what can't prove who you are? here we'll give you a drivers license, let you vote, unemployment benefits and more you habla.

deserter hughes, no habla inglés

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

This guy just up and deserted from the Air Force abruptly in 1983

There has been speculation that he defected to russia or was involved in espionage.

Wow. Talk about Life imitating art....

The Blacklist -

For decades, ex-government agent Raymond "Red" Reddington has been one of the globe's most wanted fugitives. But then he agreed to work with the FBI to catch his "blacklist" of mobsters, spies and international terrorists --

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Did he have any form of legal Identification? California you say?

DID HESHE VOTE DEMOCRAT!?!?!?!
youtu.be...

Just teasing.

How this dude managed to hide for 35 years is a mystery. And possibly a conspiracy.

Rest in "peace" (is our profession) Brig. Gen. Jack D. Ripper😗

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Did he have any form of legal Identification? California you say?

DID HESHE VOTE DEMOCRAT!?!?!?!
youtu.be...

Just teasing.

How this dude managed to hide for 35 years is a mystery. And possibly a conspiracy.

Rest in "peace" (is our profession) Brig. Gen. Jack D. Ripper😗

But of course! It voted early and often, in order to put Joe in office

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Deserters are usually very liberal. They are cowards, selfish, thoughtless, and their actions indicate they believe they are above the law. They are not patriotic at all

Laws: created by other people imposing their rules on you, to be enforced by others.
Tax: A law created to take a certain percentage of profits of other peoples work, to be enforced by others.

Hrmmm didn’t a bunch of “very liberal, selfish, thoughtless cowards who thought they were above the law” make a stand when the King or Queen of England placed a tax on tea in North America? Im sure they were called deserters, traitors, back in England.

And because he didn’t want to finish out his service, he’s been hunted for 35 years. Probably leaving everyone he knew behind. Just to get arrested 35 years later. How much prison time will he have? Huh!

edit on 11-8-2022 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Deserters are not hunted in the US unless they committed other crimes. There is a military arrest warrant out for them as the military has their fingerprints, but no one is sent out looking for them.

The military knows that sometime someplace they will be identified and picked up by law enforcement.
They can never hold a job that needs fingerprints.
If their state takes a thumbprint for a driver's license they will get caught.
Now even their DNA is on record.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Most people are unaware that
hundreds of soldiers go awol
every year. The Military does
not have the man power to
search and arrest awol
soldiers.

Unfortunately, young immature
and misinformed kids become cannon
fodder to accomplish an agenda.

I did a combat tour, but made sure
none of my children would follow
my stupid example and join the Military.

If I knew then, what I know now
about this #ed up Country
and those that control it,
I would have deserted too.

Young man, go to college and get an education instead.
You'll avoid PTSD and dealing with the never ending BS
of the VA

edit on 8/12/2022 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

top topics

join