It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Threatens African Nations With Sanctions If They Buy Russian Products Other Than Grain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Just like what your beloved Russian hegemony is doing in Ukraine?

Just like what your beloved US hegemony is doing in Kosovo and threatening Serbia and just like what they are doing to Taiwan with China?

I suppose the US is itchy to start conflicts due to their failing economy.

*Incorrect buzzer noise*

That was NATO

ALSO… what you call US hegemony is called rules based international order

We get you’re all for chaos and autocratic regimes but the noise is certainly coming for Russia & China & Co, anyone can see their military power is just a paper tiger riddled with incompetence and corruption

Gonna be funny watching China attempt it’s Taiwan straights venture

Will be as embarrassing as Russia getting ripped apart by Ukraine

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

My exact same thoughts, will only solidify China's foothold there. They built free infrastructure for them, in exchange of access to precious metals and elements.

And besides that, maybe someone else can explain how it's okay for European countries to even buy oil until the end of the year but Africa can't buy any now.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yeah, but what a great boon for glass-bottom tourist boats it will be for Taiwan.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: vNex92

Puppet master goal is to get everyone against the US by pursuing purposefully bad policy and having a bumbling Puppet of the United States, so that the US, the world's last free nation , will finally fall.

Ummm...and it's working...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: paraphi

most Russian kit is crap, so may be thinking about buying from elsewhere, eh?

And African Nations know when it comes to the UK/US polices in their countries its not about being allies or buddies,its about the US and its influence in the region.

Just like with Ukraine what US sends to African nations is mostly old products for their military forces.

Lol You’re obsessed with the U.K./USA are you BLM or something?

You do know MANY European powers have close ties with African nations too right? odd you’re not mentioning any of those?

And, Be specific also? What policies are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
The Russians arm most of Africa.

Currently, Russia's focus is on replacing their losses in Ukraine, so think their arms salesmen will be challenged.

I think that most African nations will be more concerned with antagonising Western nations who provide aid and trade, but if they insist on dealing with Russia, and Russia continues to have the capability to supply them, then there will be consequences. Simple.

Bit out-of-date, but this tells a story - opens in a PDF

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yeah, but what a great boon for glass-bottom tourist boats it will be for Taiwan.

Cheers

Think they may need some glass submarines to view this coming scrap yard lol
edit on 11-8-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A long time ago (1 year into Trumps admin) I felt that the United States was trying to be disengaged in the "great game" that the royalty of the UK has been playing for 300 years now. I was very wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Dream on. China has us nearly beat there.

If it's a decision to keep arms and buy more from China, the math is fairly simple.

If I were the Russians or the Chinese, I'd be praying for your strategy.

There is nothing better than your adversary taking his toys home and refusing to play.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: loam

The Russians arm most of Africa. Do you think these African nation's give a rats ass about the US with China already economically beating us there?

Imposing sanctions of these African nations will do nothing but hurt our long-term interests.

We lose. Simple.

...it’ll be civil war...

Are you kidding? As a single example, during Chad's civil war France sold arms to both sides. There are many more examples.

Wars, especially civil wars, are exceptionally good for business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join