It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reservoirs Are Empty and Strong Thermal Emissions Look Guilty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Today’s top sun news: All is quiet. Well … It’s quiet other than the fact that a total of 173,000 terawatts (trillions of watts) of solar energy are striking the Earth continuously. That’s more than 10,000 times the world’s total energy use. Source: MIT.

Today’s top sun news: Monday’s surprise geomagnetic storm brought us sightings of a relatively new friend to the space science community. Say hello to STEVE, which stands for Strong Thermal Emission Velocity Enhancement. The video above – by Alan Dyer (@amazingskyguy on Twitter) – provides a beautiful example. A group of citizen scientists/ aurora chasers in Alberta, Canada, first noticed STEVE in the sky. They took photos of these unusual aurora-like purple and green streaks, and, in 2016, one of the observers suggested the name STEVE. And it was only after STEVE began to be better understood, through additional research from an aurora scientist, that the name was turned into an acronym for Strong Thermal Emission Velocity Enhancement.

I'm writing this epistle from the oven that is currently calling itself Europe . We re in danger of catching fire today in this brown and crispy land called England .

You might perhaps find yourself in the charred remains of Sydney on the other side of the world . It gets hot , when the sun shines .

Now cut to the chase :

You already know about CMEs Coronal Mass Ejections producing plasma bursts , being visible regularly via the stereo ahead and behind telescopes of nasa.

But what about these ? Strong Thermal Emissions (STE s ? )

With this this so called STEVE , Velocity Enhancement they can now see these STEs

And apparently , we re having one , since Monday.

Here's the website,

EarthSky

edit on 11-8-2022 by IsabelleJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IsabelleJones

Only 90F degrees today in England, is it snowing? You guys must be freezing!
edit on 11-8-2022 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I have not heard of this in the US, we are now entering the beginning of the fall soon after Memorial Day, already the northern states experiencing the season change with cooler temperature, our first storm of the season is still forming, but seems not getting any strong yet.

We have the usual fires in the mid-western, lots of rains in eastern part of the nation that is where I live, has been raining every day, temps are lot cooler thanks to that.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

Only 90F degrees today in England, is it snowing? You guys must be freezing!

its easy to make fun, but its not funny when the max it usually gets is around 90 and most of the populations dont actually have AC

I dont mean to be a jerk but you spoke like someone who has truly never traveled the world, it shows immensely

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Putting in some background is it possible that despite experiencing unusual solar events periodically the wider public isn't told about them all ?

Heat ttansfer is not easily seen visibly , except by shimmering etc. whereas sun spots and plasma ejections may be , given the right optical filters.

The article refers to " space citizenry" noting the phenomena which belies the presence of STE , not official science bodies. It takes the # as well a bit.

Why wouldn't levels or changes in heat transfer be noted widely , off the sun of all things ? I think that's a point .

I think perhaps we the private citizenry shouldn't confuse cme with ste either. They are probably two completely separate solar issues with not dis similar but likely separate dangers.
Perhaps one is much more dangerous than the other , or more likely and the sooner. We sure are being scorched with great heat right now , from an the ground perspective , the clouds have fled .

The parliament channel is often very interesting and worth having on in the background during the day. You learn a lot hearing what's being said.
Anyway withourt being able to reference it CME are right op the top of their list of what they call , civil emergencies , contingencies , sorry. And they admitted that they know this and like corona no one really does or feels they can or really should do much about it and everyone ignores " the list : as it were and they know they shouldn't but its the way it is etc. Sounds about right with the excuses . But that's not the point. Because if the old reservoirs don't do the old job and etc old boy / comrade / brethern

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
From the maps, Id say Europe is indeed on broil, in the US Texas is gonna need a tropical storm or 3 before October

edit on 11-8-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It gets to 130f in arizona

177f in the sonoran desert.

You might have to catch a tan...

Or invade another country like the migrants did yours...

Ahhh decisions...

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It's not about party politics rather its policy oversights compromissing survival protocols where we re now recognising directionlessness because Steve creates too much heat to talk about openly .
Rats and skunks dealt better with sticky things

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When the nights are hot that bothers me. You dont want a 100 degree night.

Its 71 right now in Northern Cali where I am, but it will climb to 95 by this afternoon, then dip down to 60ish in the wee hours of the morning. That alternating cycle makes it bearable. I hope it is cooling down at night in the UK. We are used to hot days here, but you certainly are not.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It isn't worldwide as here on Vancouver Island Canada we've had a year of weather like it was decades ago. Much cooler.

So I'm seeing temperatures in Britain up to 31C. It's unusual but hardly worth panic. Sorry if that's offensive to some but the west coast here had temperatures up 40C last year and there isn't the infrastructure for it, such as AC, here either. It'll go back to normal.

I think the media is trying to sell climate change for their masters, just like they did covid. We've had warning heatwave messages on our weather and all maps in screaming emergency red yet our temps were just like Britain's a few weeks back... up to 30C. I thought they were in a panic as people died here when it hit the 40s last year but I realized they are doing the same shock treatment world wide.

Though most of my childhood memories of Scottish weather was fairly cool I do remember the odd summer day where it was hot enough that adults were complaining.

Longterm drought is a much bigger problem than heat.

Winter is coming.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well this is odd,
I guess the sun doesn't have the same effect on some places as others.
Coldest and wettest year so far in recorded history for this area.
dailyhive.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So STEVE says that Climate Change is being caused by the Sun and not humans?

STEVE sounds like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. I'll bet STEVE is also an unvaccinated white nationalist antisemite with a large collection of assault rifles.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

"Longterm drought is a much bigger problem than heat."

Drought snd drying can be general effect of excess heat
That's right a local situation with empty reservoirs becomes problematic quite soon and then becomes a double bind where you need more but you already have less

A double visit to a local dam revealed there was so little left the hydroelectrics had been shut down on the second visit and the water level had dropped very fast.

We ve had a very very dry year in England .

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: abigredneck
Well this is odd,
I guess the sun doesn't have the same effect on some places as others.
Coldest and wettest year so far in recorded history for this area.
dailyhive.com...

Exactly what I was trying to say. This is where I live and it was similar to weather when I was a kid. We'd get cool wet weather about nine months of the year and then sunny and dry for the rest.

Someone needs to fire STEVE as he's doing a really inconsistent job.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Here in England we are having another heatwave, fields and crops are bone dry, risk of wildfires and very low water levels in reservoirs.

The source of the Thames has moved about five miles.

Not so much due to the sun as to a distinct lack of any significant rainfall for ages.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
So STEVE says that Climate Change is being caused by the Sun and not humans?

STEVE sounds like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists. I'll bet STEVE is also an unvaccinated white nationalist antisemite with a large collection of assault rifles.

Dude it sounds like you are scared of Steve .
Maybe don't equate his lack of keyboard giving af with what youre clearly imagining for yourself is in his closet bro.
Get out in the light more

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
then there is this

🔥 Death Valley just had it's 4th 'once-in-a-thousand-year' rain event in the past two weeks. 75% of Death Valley’s annual rainfall fell in 3 hours.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
From the maps, Id say Europe is indeed on broil, in the US Texas is gonna need a tropical storm or 3 before October

Thanks for adding these maps where you can see excessive heat and dryness right across two continents , not just specific regions .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join