It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US is about to go full Louis XVI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's a pity.

Now we won't be able to mock Antifa, BLM, etc for being unemployed.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's to target small and medium businesses so that hedge funds can buy them up

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: justgetahouse1
It's to target small and medium businesses so that hedge funds can buy them up

I actually think this is probably it…

Maybe the PPP loans were so loose for a reason.. They knew small/med businesses would be dishonest and scoop them up, oh they did and then spent the money on not legitimate uses and now they are swooping in just when business is going downhill……

Holy crap.. it’s actually brilliant in the most sinister way.

Folks this is why I’ve said free lunch is never free. Feed your own kids, make your own money and whatever the government says it’s usually the opposite.

My Korean mama always said cheap is expensive and boy was she right!!!!

I don’t want to put the links here but they are already arresting people regarding PPP loans. Do a quick search and you’ll see. It all makes perfect sense now.
edit on 11-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wow, how in the hell you are going to open a business using loans when you will never make money out of it, because you own everything to the loans, I guess it makes no sense.

To be in indebt to get ahead.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wow, how in the hell you are going to open a business using loans when you will never make money out of it, because you own everything to the loans, I guess it makes no sense.

To be in indebt to get ahead.

Some of these businesses were booming pre-covid, even ones that really weren't that great. Take a small restaurant for example. People were spending money left and right. Then Covid hit. People stopped going out to eat. The government gave these loans so they could pay their employees and not lay them off. That didn't happen in some cases. Some businesses outright lied and got tons of money. Others had good intentions but never paid anyone and used the money themselves.

Now the government is looking that over with a fine toothed comb. People are already getting arrested and fined and jailed. I read the find could be a million plus.. there is no way a small business could recover from that.......

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
An interesting article that might help to explain why the government is hiring so many IRS agents. This has been done by Kings and Emperors throughout history ... Also there is this...IRS faces online uproar over special agent job posting requiring ability to use deadly force 'if necessary'https://www.foxbusiness.com...< br />
Now for a few historical highlights:

The King did, however, control the tax collectors. And Louis made sure they had every authority to coerce, harass, and intimidate money out of French citizens.
French tax collectors had the authority to walk right into people’s homes unannounced, conduct surprise inspections to look for hidden wealth, and walk away with whatever money or property they felt would satisfy the peasant’s tax bill.
This is actually a pretty common theme throughout history: governments that are on the ropes routinely resort to plundering the savings of their citizens.
Several ancient Roman emperors, in fact, from Diocletian to Valentinian III, famously sent ruthless tax collectors to harass their citizens and steal their wealth. Several ancient Chinese dynasties did the same thing. So did the declining Ottoman Empire.
Significantly ramping up tax collection efforts is typically a hallmark of an economy and empire in decline.
So we can’t be too surprised that, in its latest legislative bonanza, the US government is setting aside $80 billion for IRS tax collection efforts.
The current IRS budget is around 12 billion..
www.zerohedge.com...

Except the card carrying "sovereign class" aka 5% of the population who hold 90% of all the private asset and currency in American will be conveniently exempted because they paid the protection fees...

edit on 11-8-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Score another point for OBiden

reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

IRS Audits Poorest Families at Five Times the Rate for Everyone Else

makes sense. The poor people don't have the money or resources to defend themselves properly.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

makes sense. The poor people don't have the money or resources to defend themselves properly.

From what i've read that isn't true. Looks like they are going specifically the 100-200K range.
The very rich and poor seem like they won't see a difference.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: interupt42

From what i've read that isn't true. Looks like they are going specifically the 100-200K range.
The very rich and poor seem like they won't see a difference.

I'd like to read that. Got a link?

Of course, what they say they are going to do and what they do are two different things.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well if they abuse and waste the tax dollars rather than helping the employees they deserve to be in investigated.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'd like to read that. Got a link?

Of course, what they say they are going to do and what they do are two different things.

I'll try to find it, it was actually a chart.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I remember one Joseph Banister, ex-IRS Special Agent/Whistleblower. I actually went to his seminar in south San Jose in the early 2000's.

Joseph Banister, a former IRS agent and prominent IRS whistleblower, was acquitted on all federal tax fraud and conspiracy charges.

The widely-followed U.S. District Court case stemmed from tax returns that Banister, a certified public accountant, had filed for the owner of a small aviation firm in Lake Shasta, California. The business owner contended he owed no taxes and did not withhold taxes from employees, while claiming a refund for taxes paid in previous years.

Banister had told his clients they didn’t need to file federal income tax returns because the 16th Amendment, which gives Congress “power to lay and collect taxes on incomes,” was never properly ratified. Years before, he had given his bosses at the IRS a 95-page memo detailing his belief before being forced to resign from the agency.

Robert Bernhoft, Banister’s attorney, said his client was acquitted because the government did not prove he intended to defraud. Observers said a crucial moment of the trial occurred when defense attorneys intensely questioned Banister’s former supervisor at IRS, Robert Gorini, and he was unable to cite any U.S. law that required Banister to pay income taxes.
www.bernhoftlaw.com...
That was the point/FACT Joseph was trying to get out to the public.

You see, the IRS enjoys one thing above anything else, and that's 'Intimidation'. The agency and its agents love nothing more than to make an example out of some poor schmuck and then the rest of the sheep will fall in line ricky tick.

These extra agents signal a very in your face intimidation scheme about to be implemented upon the American working class.

Those guns? They're probably going to need those more than anything. Hell, if I were those new agents, I'd start shooting before I even knock so at least I'd have a chance.

Yes, what everyone is thinking will happen. It has to happen to set the tone.

What's really an indication of where we are mentally is that I GUARANTEE every Agent slot will be filled.

It's not that hard to find 80k+ narcissistic sociopaths amongst a population of 230 million+ adults in the US.

If the IRS thought it was unpopular now, just wait.

edit on 8/11/2022 by EternalShadow because: add link

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

I remember one Joseph Banister, ex-IRS Special Agent/Whistleblower. I actually went to his seminar in south San Jose in the early 2000's.

Joseph Banister, a former IRS agent and prominent IRS whistleblower, was acquitted on all federal tax fraud and conspiracy charges.

The widely-followed U.S. District Court case stemmed from tax returns that Banister, a certified public accountant, had filed for the owner of a small aviation firm in Lake Shasta, California. The business owner contended he owed no taxes and did not withhold taxes from employees, while claiming a refund for taxes paid in previous years.

Banister had told his clients they didn’t need to file federal income tax returns because the 16th Amendment, which gives Congress “power to lay and collect taxes on incomes,” was never properly ratified. Years before, he had given his bosses at the IRS a 95-page memo detailing his belief before being forced to resign from the agency.

Robert Bernhoft, Banister’s attorney, said his client was acquitted because the government did not prove he intended to defraud. Observers said a crucial moment of the trial occurred when defense attorneys intensely questioned Banister’s former supervisor at IRS, Robert Gorini, and he was unable to cite any U.S. law that required Banister to pay income taxes.
www.bernhoftlaw.com...

You see, the IRS enjoys one thing above anything else, and that's 'Intimidation'. The agency and its agents love nothing more than to make an example out of some poor schmuck and then the rest of the sheep will fall in line ricky tick.

These extra agents signal a very in your face intimidation scheme about to be implemented upon the American working class.

Those guns? They're probably going to need those more than anything. Hell, if I were those new agents, I'd start shooting before I even knock so at least I'd have a chance.

What's really an indication of where we are mentally is that I GUARANTEE every Agent slot will be filled.

It's not that hard to find 80k+ narcissistic sociopaths amongst a population of 230 million+ adults in the US.

You summed it up nicely. The king sends his soldiers to collect the serfs gold. Are you resisting? Then you get impaled with a sword.

Next they will take private properly and basically follow every step of Klaus' plan.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Agree with you largely.

Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: EternalShadow

www.bernhoftlaw.com...

You summed it up nicely. The king sends his soldiers to collect the serfs gold. Are you resisting? Then you get impaled with a sword.

Next they will take private properly and basically follow every step of Klaus' plan.

Yes but ''private party'' is a fallacy. People don't own the land they think they do...

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What types of group of people did the IRS go after last time the Dems where in power?

Anyone that challenges the political authority as high on the list is usually how these things go. Sounds like the feds are building there own private army for domestic matters.

With this recent Trump-FBI thing, the cracks between Federal and State power is growing.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh well, let them eat bugs!

It's so avant-garde.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   

A new statement from the Treasury Department clarifies that "these resources will be used only to address the shortfall in addressing tax avoidance by the wealthiest Americans and the biggest corporations," and that the funding was meant to help control inflation — which has impacted a wide swath of American families.

On Wednesday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen further detailed what the investment into the IRS would mean, via a letter to IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig.

"Specifically, I direct that any additional resources — including any new personnel or auditors that are hired — shall not be used to increase the share of small business or households below the $400,000 threshold that are audited relative to historical levels," Yellen wrote.

people.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have a feeling that many Americans won't tolerate this. A home invader is a home invader, with or without a badge or papers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join