It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Langya Henipavirus outbreak in China, Taiwan raised alarm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   
(no fear mongering here, just another virus to keep an eye on as news rolls in)

Nothing new, we all know by now that viruses mutate all the time, the one thing (well, two things) that made me post this thread however is that laboratories are already developing PCR tests to detect Langya. This time no 'we have to wait and see what it does'.

The second thing is that the alarm was raised by Taiwan, about a virus in China. Coincidence?

The virus is Called Langya, or LayV. Most sources say that this is a new strain of the Henipavirus, but it seems like this train has already been detected back in 2018. It jumped from animals to humans, with 35 people infected so far in two provinces in China.

A few links below, I'm sure more info will come in the next hours.

Health officials in China are monitoring the spread of a new virus after reports of more than two dozen infections across the country. The Langya henipavirus (LayV) has so far infected 35 people in the Chinese provinces of Shandong and Henan, Taiwan's Centres for Disease Control (CDC) reported.

China races to identify transmission of Langya henipavirus after 35 cases identified

A study published last week revealed the virus was first detected in humans in 2018 but dozens of cases have been found since. Chinese experts investigating the virus believe human cases are 'sporadic'. They are still trying to work out if it can spread from person to person.

Deja-flu: China sounds alarm as 35 people fall ill with 'newly identified' Langya virus

It was still unclear whether the virus can be transmitted between people, researchers said. Most of the 35 cases were in farmers, and other infected individuals included factory workers. “Contact tracing of nine patients with 15 close-contact family members revealed no close-contact LayV transmission, but our sample size was too small to determine the status of human-to-human transmission,” the researchers found. Scientists sequenced the LayV genome and determined it is a henipavirus, a category of zoonotic RNA viruses that also includes Hendra virus and Nipah virus. Hendra virus – which affects horses and humans and originated in Australia – and Nipah virus – which has caused disease outbreaks in south-east Asia – have both been associated with high fatality rates. LayV is most closely related to the Mojiang virus, which was discovered in southern China. The Taiwan Centers for Disease Control (CDC) announced on Sunday it would implement genome sequencing and surveillance measures for the virus, reported Taiwan’s Central news agency.

Newly identified Langya virus tracked after China reports dozens of cases

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'd actually be surprised if there was a single day WITHOUT a new virus.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
oh boy here we go again

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
Nothing new, we all know by now that viruses mutate all the time, ...

Nobody "knows" that.

They are taught it, then believe it.

Folks who think they 'know' that :
have a hard time distinguishing between their own beliefs, and what is.

But : personally don't 'know' whether my above statements are true : or just my beliefs !! LoL !!

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Surely this wasn't gain of function "accidental" release.

A racoon dog got freaky with a pangolin again. Whatever happened to the CDC investigation of racoon dogs? They took some cool pictures.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Nobody "knows" that.

But : personally don't 'know' whether my above statements are true : or just my beliefs !! LoL !!

O K . . .

PS, if you want to be in the 'know',
I think a basic high school biology book will do the trick

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Surely this wasn't gain of function "accidental" release.

A racoon dog got freaky with a pangolin again. Whatever happened to the CDC investigation of racoon dogs? They took some cool pictures.

oooh I didn't say that, not this time! You will never hear me say 'accidental or deliberate release' on ATS, ever again...

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nobody "knows" that.

O K . . .

Books tell stories.

Folks believe the stories.

The stories become widely accepted " Truths™ " , that can't be easily challenged.

Even though the same books, are often full of corrections and revisions from previous versions of the same book !

Think of all of the things we believe, just because we have been told it is so.

EX : from your other thread, you believed you were planting thyme seeds.
If anyone would ask : you would have confidently stated that you had ordered, and planted thyme.

But then : reality pops-up, and, well, it's an imposter.

Think about this, everytime you hear about a " New-Virus™ ", or a new Scariant™.

Ask yourself this question : if it's as simple as HS biology : they why have there been zero takers, among Virologists™, Epidemiologists™, or any other so-called Experts™ ; to take Steve Kirsh's million-dollar bet, and just simply prove that Viruses™ exist ?

He has even lowered the bet to $200k.

Get your family Doctor™, and all of your smart friends to pool together, and put a bet on the table.

What have you got to lose ?

Sounds like free Money™ : no ?

Yea !!

Free Money™ for everybody !! LoL !!

edit on 10-8-2022 by Nothin because: $200k

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My money is on the only people getting this virus and all the others will have been vaccinated for covid.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And it comes from China....again.

Made in China never infected so good.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Nobody "knows" that.

O K . . .

Books tell stories.

Folks believe the stories.

The stories become widely accepted " Truths™ " , that can't be easily challenged.

Even though the same books, are often full of corrections and revisions from previous versions of the same book !

Think of all of the things we believe, just because we have been told it is so.

EX : from your other thread, you believed you were planting thyme seeds.
If anyone would ask : you would have confidently stated that you had ordered, and planted thyme.

But then : reality pops-up, and, well, it's an imposter.

Think about this, everytime you hear about a " New-Virus™ ", or a new Scariant™.

Ask yourself this question : if it's as simple as HS biology : they why have there been zero takers, among Virologists™, Epidemiologists™, or any other so-called Experts™ ; to take Steve Kirsh's million-dollar bet, and just simply prove that Viruses™ exist ?

He has even lowered the bet to $200k.

Get your family Doctor™, and all of your smart friends to pool together, and put a bet on the table.

What have you got to lose ?

Sounds like free Money™ : no ?

Yea !!

Free Money™ for everybody !! LoL !!

maybe you want to re-read the Kirch bets, because that is not what it says, I took the liberty to copy/past them for you ( The first 5 of his 14 bets,taken from your own link),

My open bets as of July 27, 2022

I claim that:

Viruses exists:
The scientific evidence shows that it is more likely that (A) viruses exist than (B) they do not exist. Read this article before you accept.

SARS-CoV-2 is a real virus.
The scientific evidence shows that it is more likely that SARS-CoV-2 is a virus than (b) something else such as a bacteria or an arbitrary computer sequence fabricated in a lab. Read this article before you accept.

SARS-CoV-2 causes COVID:
The scientific evidence shows that (a) it is more likely that SARS-CoV-2 is a novel virus that infects people and often causes them to develop COVID than (b) COVID is not caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus; it is caused by something else.

Viruses cause disease:
Viruses (a) can cause disease is more likely than (b) viruses are unable to cause disease. SARS-CoV-2 is more likely than 5G to cause COVID: The evidence available shows that it is more likely that COVID is caused by (a) the SARS-CoV-2 virus than it is by (b) 5G.

Bacteriophages are viruses:
Bacteriophages are (a) viruses is more likely than (b) they are not viruses.
COVID mRNA vaccines kill more people per capita than smallpox vaccines: The evidence shows that it is more likely that (a) the people COVID vaccine kills more people per capita than (b) the smallpox vaccine. Note the the smallpox vaccine is considered by vaccine expert Paul Offit to be too unsafe to use. Comparison is between people getting initial dose + booster so three visits for COVID mRNA vaccines vs. two visits for smallpox.

pls stop derailing my thread now

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

You're right. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Totally thought that he was on the ' No-Virus™ ' team.

But now you're stuck with an imprint of my arse on yer boot ... LoL !!

Will leave it up there, just to not be dishonest and hide my mistakes.

Got confused with the other offer, from the ' No-Virus™ ' team, to debate anyone willing to try and prove that Viruses™ exist.

Sorry if you thought of it as derailing : but considering that the OP is about Viruses™ ; then questioning their existence at all, seems on-topic to me.

top topics

join