It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No employees no business

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Are businesses stupid?

No employees = no business, which equals NO MONEY.

I saw a restaurant looking for employees to basically do almost every job station…..$12 bucks a hour. Who is working those jobs for $12 in this day and age……nobody I know and I’m even talking 14 & 15 year old won’t take those jobs because they can make so much more!
Every day I see restaurant closing early due to lack of staff. They put out an angry post, like the public gives a flip.
I saw another restaurant telling customers if they wanted restaurants to stay open, they better start applying for jobs. Oh yeah, let me quit my well paying job and work for slave wages to keep this mediocre restaurant alive.

This is insane. Absolutely insane.
Firstly I was making more than that in 1999. Nobody wants to work in food service, with horrible customers so they can live in poverty.
Please don’t tell me this is a teen job because who is going to do those jobs when kids are in school?

I’m picking on restaurants but this applies to so many businesses.

The pendulum has swung and the greedy ATE the goose that lays the golden egg. Now they are mad and crying,
There are only peacocks that lay regular eggs and they want to get PAID..
We live in a capitalistic society and it’s dog eat dog, only this time the business owners are the ones being eaten.
I also heard the IRS is beefing up to go after businesses that used PPP loans fraudulently

So what is going to happen?
Businesses paying more, unlikely
Immigrants - probably
Self serve - probably
Robots - probably
Zero customer service - absolutely

Ps jut saw the first self serve inside a kwik trip- gas station convenience store

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The business that posted about people needing to apply just chapped my hide a bit.

It is not the responsibility of the customer to make sure your business is afloat. If you can’t find employees, pay more, charge more, take less profit, if you can’t do those things you don’t have a sustainable business.
Is it sad when businesses close, sure, however haven’t you wondered how some of these places survived in the first place?

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Cost of living continues to rise yet i keep making the same pay doing more. Capitalism, thee end.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I think the $15/hour movement for flipping burgers was sponsored by Soros & the like in order to create dissatisfaction with the current pay (before that time). So, fast food places have had to pay more for employees doing the same simple job, while inflation (created on purpose by the plandemic for one) is just adding fuel to the fire.

The 'elites' behind the plandemic planned this all along, knew that small businesses would be unable to pay that , while staying cheap for customers.
The small businesses either go bust or are forced to buy into more automation .
Klaus Schwab
talks all about it in his book 'covid 19 the great reset' and the 'fourth industrial revolution'.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Cost of living continues to rise yet i keep making the same pay doing more. Capitalism, thee end.

What industry are you in?

I learned to say no to more work and same pay, somehow I was never fired….

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Im a machinist and a welder. I work at night with 1 other guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Im a machinist and a welder. I work at night with 1 other guy.

My son is a welder, I’ve heard it all about that industry…

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Places around here advertising "Work today, get paid today. End of shift". Theyve no real idea if youre ever comin back...

Know a woman who runs A+W Orders hopping cars, on the spkrs, talkin, pickups, change....alone. She doesnt stop.....

Chinese place...young lady doesnt answer phone, call back busy, call back on hold, call back...shes alone and pacing herself the 7-8 hrs 5 days they are open.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Places around here advertising "Work today, get paid today. End of shift". Theyve no real idea if youre ever comin back...

Know a woman who runs A+W Orders hopping cars, on the spkrs, talkin, pickups, change....alone. She doesnt stop.....

Chinese place...young lady doesnt answer phone, call back busy, call back on hold, call back...shes alone and pacing herself the 7-8 hrs 5 days they are open.

thats how the italian immigrants got their nick name.

daygo.

they didn't trust the boss for a weekly check.

before your time, i'm sure

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yeah.

This is a logical result of a debt based fiat currency system. In this system, the currency is always worth less as time goes on. It's called inflation.

This leaves business owners and the employees with the same problem. If the currency you have today is worth less than yesterday, you have to do one of two things to maintain where you are now. You either get more currency, or you reduce expenses. If you can't get more currency (i.e. if you can't force more people to buy your product or services), the only option is to not pay for things that aren't absolutely essential.

For the employees, that may mean deciding between the mortgage and electric bill. New clothes for the kids or repairs to the car. How can I provide the essentials with what I'm bringing in?

For businesses, it means how can I provide my services at a low cost and keep my doors open?

There was a time when buildings had things like doormen and elevator operators. We had gas station attendants that would fill your tank, check your oil, tire pressure, clean your windshield, and do it with a smile. We had cashiers that would ring up your groceries and a bagger who said, "Thank you. Have a nice day." Maybe these were low-skilled jobs, but people were happy to have them and they provided a personal touch.

If I knew of a full service gas station in my area I would go there. I consider myself a better than average shade tree mechanic, but I wouldn't mind someone else giving my car a once over when I fill up. I would rather pay more and if everyone would do that, it would put the self serves out of business and create more jobs.

The grocery store I shop at may be a bit more expensive, but I've never had to wait behind more than two customers and there was always someone there to bag it. The cashiers and baggers were always friendly.

I know what I'm trying to say but I don't think I'm explaining it well. I don't blame small and medium businesses for trying to do what they can to survive, just like everyone else. I think the problem is that a debt based fiat currency system creates a game of musical chairs. Eventually, everyone loses except the banks. The banks will only allow those they deem essential to survive. And the only ones deemed essential are the ones that keep the banks in power.

The only way to win is not to play.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Its far from just the fast food places, as you said yourself. Everywhere wants all employees to do more work for less pay and benefits, simultaneously demanding higher prices for less. The people in charge are wealthier than ever before.

Such avarice & greed is unsustainable. The entire economy has been turned into a giant ponzi scheme. I take solace in the fact it’s collapse will likely be fascinating reading for future generations.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You said it perfectly.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

If you can get more, get it..

Small businesses are going under because people think they deserve $15 regardless of company profits.

A small company pays every last dime to stay open and get $12 to their employee and they're the bad guy. While big corporations pay pennies compared to their revenue, and get called heroes for raising the minimum wage by a couple bucks.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Rents 1500 for a #ty 1 bedroom lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If only these plebs would work for less so I can get muh super fat ass meal a dollar cheaper.

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Are businesses stupid?

No employees = no business, which equals NO MONEY.

I saw a restaurant looking for employees to basically do almost every job station…..$12 bucks a hour. Who is working those jobs for $12 in this day and age……nobody I know and I’m even talking 14 & 15 year old won’t take those jobs because they can make so much more!
Every day I see restaurant closing early due to lack of staff. They put out an angry post, like the public gives a flip.
I saw another restaurant telling customers if they wanted restaurants to stay open, they better start applying for jobs. Oh yeah, let me quit my well paying job and work for slave wages to keep this mediocre restaurant alive.

This is insane. Absolutely insane.
Firstly I was making more than that in 1999. Nobody wants to work in food service, with horrible customers so they can live in poverty.
Please don’t tell me this is a teen job because who is going to do those jobs when kids are in school?

I’m picking on restaurants but this applies to so many businesses.

The pendulum has swung and the greedy ATE the goose that lays the golden egg. Now they are mad and crying,
There are only peacocks that lay regular eggs and they want to get PAID..
We live in a capitalistic society and it’s dog eat dog, only this time the business owners are the ones being eaten.
I also heard the IRS is beefing up to go after businesses that used PPP loans fraudulently

So what is going to happen?
Businesses paying more, unlikely
Immigrants - probably
Self serve - probably
Robots - probably
Zero customer service - absolutely

Ps jut saw the first self serve inside a kwik trip- gas station convenience store

Not sure where you are but $12 is over the federal minimum. What is your issue for green workers working for good wages?

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Rents 1500 for a #ty 1 bedroom lol.

After taxes I don't make that much in 2 weeks.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Wages are the issue for everybody currently , they used to keep up with monthly rental/mortgage payments
It seems about every 15 years it doubles and wages had kept up, but not in 2022.
For example in 1999 I was making $10 an hour but my rent was only $525, then when rent was about $1000 a month I was now making $20.00 an hour. Sort of doubled on both fronts so that works. But now rent is $1700, and my wage only went to $22.00 and hour, we are falling way behind now. Many other people are in that spot as well. That is only one metric it doesn't take into account rising food prices and transportation costs.

I worked for 2 years in a restaurant when I was in high school, it was minimum wage entry level stuff.
It's not a job you want to have when your 25, the pay is garbage and the raises if you even get one are measured by the nickel. Bad hours and bad pay, yeah who want those jobs, the issue is the students that used to take those jobs when I was growing up don't want them anymore. They can just open a Twitch channel play video games all day and make money from that now. And girls(good looking ones) don't have to flip burgers or take orders, they can open an Onlyfans and make 10K a month.
Times have really changed, I went into a Burger King at lunch last week, they closed the dining room because they had no staff, it was take out only, I walked out because I didn't want to eat in my car.
edit on 10-8-2022 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I worked in hospitality for half a decade, and the same applied there. Nobody wants to put up with nuclear Karens for 10 bucks an hour. Especially in an industry where your customers live with you. Craziest job I've ever had.

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

I am a Child of the 50's and 60's...family from Europe in 1896. I do remember derogatory "nicknames", no longer acceptable...after the 80's.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join