It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The misguided fight against fossil fuels, and lobby groups manipulating gov policy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have read too many articles, pushing to get rid of petrol (gas) and use of natural gas in Australia.

I have only opinion for example please check out this age article, especially the comments action, where 99 percent are agsinst petrol powered cars. Seems like a lobby group has placed so many fake comments, surely 99% are not in support of electric cars.

www.theage.com.au...

Secondly here in Victoria the greens have forced policy to ban gas aopliances in all new home builds.
amp.theguardian.com...

Victoria now has some of the highest electricity prices in Australia.

My only conclusion is this is pushing a rubbish policy to enslave people to only have electric everything, and then be tied into massively high electricity prices, as electricity generators know they have you, and you can’t use a fossil fuel possibly cheaper, and they know they have zero competition, so prices will keep on being jacked up.

Why put all your eggs in one basket for energy needs.

Looks like the Tesla fanboys have been busy today.

How do you tell an aboriginal community that has no electricity supply that they can’t use thei diesel or petrol generators at night cause they pump out too much carbon dioxide.

Though electric car proponents, don’t take into account the environmental impact of lithium mining, the children mining this stuff, the lack of once it has reached its useful life there are no know technologies to safely dispose or recycle it.
Some people can’t see beyond their noses.

edit on 8-8-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
CITY FOLKS ARE DANGEROUS WHEN IN POWER.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
CITY FOLKS ARE DANGEROUS WHEN IN POWER.

Ding!

While I think 99% is a stretch, be weary of the city folk. Half of them don't own cars, they live directly in the city and pay a premium for OTHER people to burn fuel and DELIVER their goods and services. The ones who DO drive typically only go a few miles a day anyway and have never worked a hard days work in their life.
Their reality extends a few miles from home, so all the worst things in life are what they see on the TV- or when a clunker comes through town blowing smoke.

They don't have the capacity to imagine or care that many in australia not only need fuel powered cars- but need more fuel capacity to boot.

We've got the same problem in the states, and the city folk in England think we're outright nuts. If I had to commute to the office today, it'd be about a 75 minute drive. The english would be in another country if they drove that far. Outside the city in Australia, you'd be.... at the next intersection?

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Agreed, they have little clue other than the leftist articles they read that influences them.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Sounds like you know inner city well in Australia, I could travel for an hour and a half and still be in suburbia.

Just being in the city recently all I saw were, deliveroo drivers etc riding their two stroke moto pumping out all that pollution, though inner city resident doesn’t see this, especially when hungry.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Its absolutely outrageous. I agree. And the hypocrisy too. Australia can't have gas, but we can give it to big business cheap and export it to everywhere else. I remember a deal they made when I was younger. There was a gas plant explosion in melbourne and we had to have cold showers for like a couple weeks or a month something. Then you read about gas exports to Japan from offshore, for 1 cent per litre of gas whilst at the time we were paying 50 cents at the pump per litre for the same gas.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

I remember when the Longford gas processing plant went up.

The cold showers were shocking.

It’s crap, this is the issue when jeff Kennet sold off the gas and fuel corporation, we would not be in this situation if it was still publicly owned.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If all this carbon dioxide is such a bad thing suddenly, to the point they are no longer wanting us driving gas powered vehicles, then how about all these rockets flying to space every day? Seems like all that rocket fuel would be bad for the environment...
But what do I know, right?

edit on 8-8-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
99% against petrol powered cars and they want electric. Has anybody actually told them where their electricity comes from. In Australia electricity is generated from black and brown coal. That accounts for over 50% of Australias electric generation. So keep going on about petrol as you spew coal fumes from electric generation.

top topics

join