It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blinken arrives in Africa ‘to counter Russian influence’ on the continent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If the US and its polices havens done enough damage to the African continent.

Sec Blinken had arrived in Africa ‘to counter Russian/Chinese influence’ on the continent.
Likely Russia would be on the menu of the discussion but i am sure the issue of the Chinese influence on the on the continent would be eventually brought up.

As usual they had brought the loose term "democracy in Africa"

Blinken arrives in Africa ‘to counter Russian influence’ on the continent

Will South Africa now condemn Russia?

South Africa is part of BRICS.
I am sure the US would be trying to bully Africa out of BRICS or at least try to get South Africa to condemn Russia in one way or form.

Ensuring Russia influence 'doesn’t spread south'
Yet Ensuring that American influence continues spread across Africa.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It would had being different if Blinken arrival in Africa was there to try and counter the human traffickers that are using human traffickers to send migrants to Europe.

Unfortunately the geopolitical interests for Blinken is important.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What the hell is he gonna do? China already bought them all out.

I guess his party could pass another “infrastructure bill” or an “inflation bill”.

But then they might just take the money and laugh at Biden and his goons. I know I would.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yea the belt and road initiative has already locked up everything worth locking up in africa pretty much.

Just going to be us and russia fighting over the scraps.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why does this sound like the old 'we have to stop the spread of communism' thing? We usually mess that up and make it worse. Oh, I remember now, Russia, Russia, Russia.

When I hear Blinken mentioned, I wonder what Winken and Nod are off somewhere else doing. Unfortunate name he has.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on bSun, 07 Aug 2022 23:38:10 -050020223111America/ChicagoSun, 07 Aug 2022 23:38:10 -050008pm8 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Whats under the infrastructure bill? i would wonder? gender studies?

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

South Africa should be rebuilding after they had a violent uprising of a certain color demographic upset with a leader that got imprisoned for corruption by a court of law..I have a friend there thats house was torched due to the violence and her place of business someone was shot and killed trying to steal their products.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I learned in an online geography class that the US/EU foster economic development in sub-Saharan Africa is through foreign aid in the form of loans, while China's approach to promoting economic growth in the region is through investment.

There are countries in sub-Saharan Africa that were allied with the Kremlin during the Cold War, including Angola, Benin, Ethiopia, Mozambique, and Republic of Congo, but all of these jettisoned communism after the end of the Cold War. China's role in investing in Africa's infrastructure is bolstered by the fact that all sub-Saharan African countries regard the late Fidel Castro as a tireless defender of the sick, illiterate, and poor rather than a tyrant.

new topics

top topics

join