It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing up as a gang member in Compton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hope you all are having a great summer.
We just posted episode 22 with special guest Slim 800.

Slim hails from Compton California and is a well known member of the Bloods, Fruit Town Piru set.

From growing up in what he refers to as Bompton,
Surviving the streets, while so many of his friends didn’t, Slim has a lot of knowledge and wisdom gained over his 41 years.
He joins us for an hour and shares his journey and his message to todays youth.

Check out the video below on YouTube for the full interview.
Or hit it up on Spotify, Apple or Google Pods.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Is ATS turning into an advertisement spot for people's podcasts and youtube channels?

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Nope, but u really should check it out.
It will make for some really good conversation.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
From growing up in what he refers to as Bompton

Sounds like a great place, what's so special about this guy. Also, not as bad as 30 years ago. Matter of fact, during his teenage years, it wasn't bad at all... tons of people moved away after the 1992 riots.
edit on 7-8-2022 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

No thanks, I work corrections at the moment. Don't really care about their stories, because after a while you realize everyone's got an excuse, or a romanticized way of telling why they made horrible decisions to rob people of their life or liberty. I don't see it as something to look up to, or respect. It's a terrible way to live life, and to put them on a pedestal kind of sucks to be honest.

There's a huge influx of this; finding a drug addict, a prostitute, a dealer, a gang member, murderer, and getting them to "tell their story," usually in a desaturated artsy style video, where we're all supposed to get something from it.

I'd rather hear stories about people who rose out of adversity instead of taking part in making others' lives harder to try to help themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I respect that.
But the only one robbing here is yourself.
And that’s of learning something.
but your jumping to conclusions.

But like I said, I respect that. I don’t like talking shop either after work.
Keep up the good work bro.

posted on Aug, 9 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
a reply to: Macenroe82

Don't really care about their stories, because after a while you realize everyone's got an excuse, or a romanticized way of telling why they made horrible decisions to rob people of their life or liberty. I don't see it as something to look up to, or respect. It's a terrible way to live life, and to put them on a pedestal kind of sucks to be honest. .

Says the bloke presiding over a facility full of humans locked in cages.

I’m not arguing that certain people don’t deserve to be there, but what about people in there for non violent drug crimes, specifically non violent crimes involving the possession of marijuana? Should humans be locked in a cage for possessing plant matter? How’s their life and liberty going?

they made horrible decisions to rob people of their life or liberty

Could be said about the police, legal system and you and your colleagues.

What product do the inmates produce with their labour in your facility and not get paid for? For which corporation?

edit on 982022 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join