It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empty store shelves & self check-out at Aldi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

If they picked me to re checkout my stuff I would take it to the service counter get ALL my money back and never shop there again. Can't trust me get rid of the self checkout.

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Yes, they do have the same "random" checks in the UK (and so I assume the rest of Europe), but it's only on the self scan checkouts, where you scan as you go, as the self checkout weighs each item as it's scanned and bagged.

To be fair, you don't have to unload the lot, as they only have to check a certain percentage of the items and they usually just rummage through to find what they need. I think they tried that to begin with, but people refused to unpack and repack and were simply walking out without paying and leaving everything for the staff to put away.

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
I've lived in Florida for more than 20 years (from the Netherlands), and in all my years I've not seen such bare store shelves as the last few weeks. Actually , I've never seen it before 2022.
Today , at Aldi, they didn't even have organic eggs. Totally out. The rainbow masked
store employee said they were all out. Many empty spots in meat, deli and dairy as well.

Last week there were a row of regular cashier lanes , probably 5, never counted.
Today just the one regular cashier lane , and all the rest stupid self check-out . ALL OF A SUDDEN.
And idiots were off course lining up to use it

How dumb are people?! Why would you even do the work that a cashier did, for FREE, as the prices certainly haven't gone down!
All part of the stupid 'fourth industrial revolution' , aka Klaus Schwab's
ideas

I was so livid and fearful. It's starting to feel more and more ominous. I hated shopping since the plandemic, but now it's just at a new level.
I will be looking to shop elsewhere

I was muttering and rambling a bit and the cashier asked what was up, I said because of the self check-out and how it will not lead to lower prices , and that I refused to do that work for free. Then also the card reader couldn't read my chip card, I rolled my eyes at 'stupid technology '

One good thing, she said with a smile , when she handed me the receipt , that she agreed with what I said

Start of hurricane season, maybe people are actually preparing beforehand for the first time in history.

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Could be nothing mate but looks like Austrian supermarkets are now advising Austrians to get 'prepped'.

4:30

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

The opening scene was a bit boring by critic standards, but in the end it was considered a good show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join