It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Working on Developing a Tactical Bra for Female Soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

US Army Working on Developing a Tactical Bra for Female Soldiers

Tactical 50s style .
Heck yeah .
Those could be used to poke someone's eye out.

Yes , I know , I am old .
edit on 8/7/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I used to run with this gal she was bullet proof in the natch OH!

I tell ya she skipped the basic training bra!

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

you know what i just thought about back in the 60's elly may had her a double barrel sling shot.

edit on 7-8-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Didn't you watch the Austin Powers movies? The bras shoot bullets.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Women are always storing things on their breasts. Lighters, ciggies, phones, money, cards.

Imagine all the stuff they’ll be able to store with the army bra.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The new tactical bras will be able to have excellent see through reception with magnification which will make a b cup look like a D cup with night vision glasses so the enemy will mess up and stand up when they get a nice chest shot and can be shot as they are staring at womens breasts. Enemies using night vision technology to fly the drones will mess up and crash the drones without hurting our soldiers.

See, I can make things up.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Women are always storing things on their breasts. Lighters, ciggies, phones, money, cards.

They must be TRAINED how to store important items properly in these bras. Especially MACE canisters and Hand Guns.

This lady in my hometown packed her gun improperly, and tragedy resulted.

www.cosmopolitan.com...

If someone wanted to learn and teach gun-bra safety in the privacy of homes, I sure there would be a market for that profession.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Haha!

I've never seen that one before.

Classic!

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

This site has the prototypes

Flame retardant and an inner dog tag pocket

They look pretty neat to me,
seems more comfy then any sports bra I ever owned

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

cold beer and a sammich!

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I'm kind of interested in some of them too, but I wouldn't be able to afford one.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

They should get Moss on the job.

edit on 8-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

A tactical bra is just a sports bra with a label that says Front Towards Enemy.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I'll leave this right here.

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You can joke all you want, but, this isn't as outlandish as some other military boondoggles. I'm not even going into why the Navy needs camo uniforms on board ship.

My Nephew's Wife was a Navy helicopter pilot. One of her biggest complaints on long flights wasn't using the restroom it was trying to adjust her bra to relieve the pressure points and chafing that it caused.

I was in the Navy so I can't speak for the other services. My longest time in the field, without a change of clothes, was a five day survival school. I know how chafed and raw I was after that. I can't imagine being in the field for two or three weeks without a change of clothing. I had raw spots on my shoulders from the survival pack I carried. Now put a bra strap between the straps, your shirt and your shoulders.

As I said I was in the Navy. I was on aircraft carriers and worked on the flight deck. One day I was heading for the soda machine when I got called to go on deck. I had two quarters in my front pants pocket that I forgot about. While launching our helicopter I had the engines of three Tomcats blowing on me. Those quarters absorbed the heat and I still have two round scars on my thigh where they burned me. Imagine wearing a bra with metal fasteners and a steel underwire while doing the same thing.

Then there's the whole "flame retardant" issue. There's a reason why working uniforms are made out of cotton. Cotton will resist heat and flame better than most synthetics. The worst burn I ever saw (not in the Navy) was a guy who tossed gasoline on his charcoal grill. The fireball melted his nylon track suit to his legs.

As I said you can make all of the jokes you want, I think that this is a better expenditure of money than the other things that the Military does.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A close friend designs clothing for UK forces. The effort that goes into developing appropriate closing of all kinds, made from the right material and quality, which soldiers and sailors like to wear is a real challenge. It's the subject of a prolonged testing process.

She told me a story of designing pants (underwear) for troops that offered improved protection for their wedding tackle, as the loss of such was considered by the troops as their worst nightmare. Silk was the answer due to the properties of the material et al. Underwear that stopped shrapnel, but was comfy.

What I am saying is that silk bras are nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join