It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Say Alex Jones Verdict Was Not About Free Speech Think Again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: vNex92
Explain this pattern you are seeing then.

Alex Jones clearly lied and lately apologized for it. To make it about all world affairs is a bit histrionic. To say these proven lies are covered by free speech is dishonest.

If this were the simple standard, and I can be swayed into that argument, then we could apply it to ALL MSM and social media where anyone who consumed can claim damages.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: TheUniverse2
I saw what Jones did was equal to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater only a little different. He hurts people with the garbage he spewed. People believed him so much the parents of those babies got harassed for no reason but the lies Jones told... scum.

Cool, now do vaccines and mandates. Masks too.

Then apply to children......

What are you talking about? You have to separate things. I said nothing of vax...

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUniverse2
And that is why everyone also has a right to a speedy trial and a jury of his peers. That is how the system is meant to work.

I disagree with your thinking on its legal infringement, but a jury trial would decide any case like this on an individual basis.

So can half the country sue Hillary, or Biden, or CNN etc..? My family suffered tremendously from the lies purveyed by any of them over the past few years and beyond.

edit on 6-8-2022 by BlueJacket because: Sp

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI
Double standards on evidence?
Did Sandy Hook happen or not?

I think you are seeing what you want to see, but of course that's your right.

Yes, double standards on evidence.

Of course it happened, and AJ has stated as much...a few years before BTW.

I'm seeing a gross miscarriage of justice and an American being denied their constitutional rights at the hands of the state and bad actors.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So lying and tormenting a family with these obvious and proven lies is a constitutional right?

This is not about an individual viewpoint, he went to public and caused a lot of grief to these families. They had to go so far and sue him. The amount of money he needs to pay is overblown by far, but what he did isn't covered by free speech, that's stretching the definition a lot.

We can agree to disagree though.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I see the same thing, and I never found anything that came out of AJs mouth very compelling.

I mean if anyone is suspect, it’s people who blindly follow things they see on the internet and carry on as if it’s the absolute truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So lying and tormenting a family with these obvious and proven lies is a constitutional right?

This is not about an individual viewpoint, he went to public and caused a lot of grief to these families. They had to go so far and sue him. The amount of money he needs to pay is overblown by far, but what he did isn't covered by free speech, that's stretching the definition a lot.

We can agree to disagree though.

As a comparison one could say that Joe Biden and crew lied about and slandered more than 1/2 the country regarding the vaccine and the continuance and spread of the pandemic being their fault.

Today this is demonstrably false, where’s my 45 million?

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Free speech does not give someone the right to tell lies about someone else's dead child or children ,

Yes it F###### does. What you dont have is the right to not be offended.

Jesus grow a pair

The media lies about safety of our children every 5 minutes does free speech give them the right to do that?
edit on 6-8-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Did AJ torment a family? Evidence? A trial was needed to separate hearsay from testimony. Evidence from supposition.

I don't think you are seeing the full weight of whats happening here based on the emotional stance.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I see the same thing, and I never found anything that came out of AJs mouth very compelling.

I mean if anyone is suspect, it’s people who blindly follow things they see on the internet and carry on as if it’s the absolute truth.

It's a moneygrab, and apparently a very compelling one. All it costs was the violation of 1 Americans constitutional rights.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I saw what Jones did was equal to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater only a little different. He hurts people with the garbage he spewed. People believed him so much the parents of those babies got harassed for no reason but the lies Jones told... scum.

Cool, now do vaccines and mandates. Masks too.

Then apply to children......

What are you talking about? You have to separate things. I said nothing of vax...

Except, they are not separate.

Compelling speech and damages. Then lies and damages. The only thing that is different is the mouthpiece.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
like that guy who got arrested for posting a meme.

The cop actually said You are being arrested because you caused someone anxiety and distress.

WTF?

So someone should arrest the cops for causing the person he is arresting emotional distress

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
Nice whataboutism.

You can sue I guess? The result will be a different one from this case and then the claims about state intervention or bias would be true. But not here, here it's about Alex Jones, not Biden (or Trump or Bush or Obama or [insert whataboutism]

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain
See, it’s called comparison. I even referred to it as comparison because it was necessary to provide context, in order to successfully communicate.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueJacket
Nice whataboutism.

You can sue I guess? The result will be a different one from this case and then the claims about state intervention or bias would be true. But not here, here it's about Alex Jones, not Biden (or Trump or Bush or Obama or [insert whataboutism]

It's not whataboutism, its bias. Which shouldn't have a place in court proceedings.

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Free speech does not give someone the right to tell lies about someone else's dead child or children

No but is ok to tell lies demanding Parents get a dangerous shot for their children,
lie about masks being worn and the safety of medicines or to praise dead criminals while allowing the laws to be broken and law abiding citizens to be attacked.

twitter.com...
edit on 6-8-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun
Yes the police wasting resources, time arresting people over memes, posts on the internet.

When example for the UK, they could be arresting those people who are committing serious crimes like knife attacks, other crimes...
edit on 6-8-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

The cop actually said You are being arrested because you caused someone anxiety and distress.

Yes but here where the real and actual issues lays what happens if the Liberals say those things that would cause others anxiety and distress?

Are the police going to arrest those liberal personalities to? or just the far right, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You mean like Anthony Fauci

posted on Aug, 6 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Double standards on evidence?
Did Sandy Hook happen or not?

I think you are seeing what you want to see, but of course that's your right.

I know you are seeing what you want to see, but of course that's your right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join