It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Griner found guilty. Sentenced to 9 years.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

that there was good common sense. more people should demonstrate that kind of thinking.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I never take weed to another country where it is not allowed , huge no no to me.

If you visit another country by free will respect the laws and policies in that nation.

Like a good guest would do.

I don't believe she forgot it , you don't forget that kinda stuff especially when you go to a country where you should expect that they have harsh penalties for smuggling illegal substances into the country.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good points. Another thing, too....She makes a deal to play a sport for a direct enemy of the USA and most of the rest of the world. Russia has murdered millions of innocent civilians and has probably the worst human-rights record in history.

She is a 'gay', yet throws her complete support behind a country who regularly arrests, tortures and kills gays. She was briefed about illegal drugs by the State Dept prior to leaving the US for Russia, yet decided that she was exempt from having to respect Russian law.

Protected classes should probably not go to work for foreign states, after all. This ain't rocket science.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Look at the bright side,
Now she won’t have to worry about kneeling for the national anthem..😂

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

who knows mavbe after a couple of months in a female gulag with nothing but big russian butch borscht eaters being their bytch, she might might change her tune to

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Don’t think Russia gives a toss about her pronouns or her blackness

…damn the white Male misogynistic world!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen to Grinder if she disrespected the Russia National Anthem, like she did the U.S. National Anthem?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Don’t think Russia gives a toss about her pronouns or her blackness …damn the white Male misogynistic world!!!!

think again and look into how gay people are looked at in russia.

here i'll help, a quick wiki, there are other sources.

Russia has long held strongly negative views regarding homosexuality, with recent polls indicating that a majority of Russians are against the acceptance of homosexuality and have shown support for laws discriminating against homosexuals. Despite receiving international criticism for the recent increase in social discrimination, crimes, and violence against homosexuals, larger cities such as Moscow[7] and Saint Petersburg[8] have been said to have a thriving LGBT community. However, there has been a historic resistance to gay pride parades by local governments; despite being fined by the European Court of Human Rights in 2010 for interpreting it as discrimination, the city of Moscow denied 100 individual requests for permission to hold Moscow Pride through 2012, citing a risk of violence against participants.

Since 2006, regions in Russia have enacted varying laws restricting the distribution of materials promoting LGBT relationships to minors; in June 2013, a federal law criminalizing the distribution of materials among minors in support of non-traditional sexual relationships was enacted as an amendment to an existing child protection law.[9] The law has resulted in the numerous arrests of Russian LGBT citizens publicly opposing the law and there has reportedly been a surge of anti-gay protests, violence, and even hate crimes. It has received international criticism from human rights observers, LGBT activists, and media outlets and has been viewed as a de facto means of criminalizing LGBT culture.[10] The law was ruled to be inconsistent with protection of freedom of expression by the European Court of Human Rights but as of 2021 has not been repealed.[11]
LGBT rights in Russia

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Nobody should ever take personal responsibility for the choices they made of their own free will. Instead, one should always point fingers and lay blame for their own free will chocies upon others and profess vehemently about a lack of fairness and claim persecution.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
i placed this in the Political News because that's what it's is basically just a game that both governments are playing with other folks life.

now i do have to say one thing, just what the hell was she thinking. i mean she was going over there regularly to play b ball she had to know it was illegal there. I don't believe for one minute she forgot it was in there. she more was than likely taking it with her over there regularly and getting away with with it.
but being that the war in Ukraine was about to start, and the response from all governments about it and the way russia was going to act to that, she had to have known better.

does she deserve the harsh penalty that russia no doubt will impose, no. but when you travel and brake other countries laws you can't expect just to walk, their not New York, LA, San Fran, Portland or any other lax woke cities towns or states.

I'll post links if i can hang around the house long enough to hear the sentence.

here is the first one,

KHIMKI, Russia, Aug 4 (Reuters) - A Russian court on Thursday found U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner to guilty of deliberately bringing cannabis-infused vape cartridges into Russia despite them being illegal, after the athlete said she had made an honest mistake by packing them.
Russian court rules: Griner is guilty

Just heard she got 9 years, got to suck, maybe she will catch a break soon with the appeal or the prisoner swap.

In court outside Moscow, the judge handed down the verdict stemming from the American basketball star's arrest Feb. 17 at a Moscow airport. Griner had been found with vape cartridges containing cannabis oil in her luggage, with the court ruling that Griner committed the crime "deliberately."
The verdict had largely been considered a formality by experts, as the true length of her detainment will be determined by negotiations on a prisoner swap between the United States and Russia.

Brittney Griner sentenced to 9 years in Russian prison

why didn't she just stash it there when she got it through?

or was this the first time?

it's a crappy swap anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The plus side is she(?) will learn a second language. However anyone who doesn’t learn a foreign language in 9 years in country is a complete idiot. Anyone want to take bets?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join