It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of been tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Now, I am a believer in God and I have a deep faith, it's not the traditional faith because I feel it's been corrupted over the many, many years.
I believe God is singular and sent a "son" to save us all.
Now, I believe that God sent a "messenger" in many forms.
Jesus, Mohammed, the many different versions we currently have are all the same.
We were given which ever vision we needed at that time.
Whether it's Dinesh or Jesus we were given what we can accept, but ultimately they are all the same.
You may disagree but I believe what I believe..
However, I digress.

We believe what we believe.

Do you ever feel that you're being tested beyond your capabilities to accept?

I'll explain....

Now, I've been put into many situations that I know is a test.
I have put up with many different experiences over the last few years and I know God will only give me what I can handle.
I even begged God to send me to prison so I have time to sort my life out.
In prison I met a Catholic Priest and a Minister who both guided me to a better place.
I have no issues with other religions.
I have a deep understanding of all religions because I feel that they are one and the same.
But what I do have an issue with, just lately, is I am being tested beyond my ability to accept.
I am on the edge of giving up!
I have lost jobs because of others arrogance etc.
I'm hard working and will always give 100%
I have the ability to turn my hand to anything and succeed.
I have so many qualifications it is unreal!
I get bored and then take a course to better myself.
Now, I'm not arrogant nor do I look down on anyone.
I will give my all to help anyone succeed.
It just seems lately that the more I try the more I get knocked back....
All I want is to provide for my family and work hard!
But I keep coming to dead ends!
I know God is testing me but I can't do it anymore...
I've had enough!!!
I'm at breaking point....please someone help me!
I can't take these tests anymore

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I understand how you feel because I’ve been there. But you can be sure that when evil trials of life come our way they are not from God:

“When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. “-James 1:13.

And he does care for you deeply:

“While you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. “-1 Peter 5:7.

God tells us to throw all our anxieties on him because he cares, for us, for you, individually. And he will help. He is able to give us wisdom to overcome, and strength to endure. And peace of mind that surpasses all human understanding.

One thing I have learned that helps when going through trials is not to focus on myself. Rather focus on others and helping them. It gets your mind off yourself, and brings you contentment and peace knowing you are helping others. Whether that be physically, but especially spiritually.

Jesus said not to worry too much about things, and never to worry about tomorrow for each day is sufficient for its own badness. That the birds of the heavens all have a place to live, and the lilies of the field are dressed in more glory than Solomon, and that God is aware of even the smallest of birds that fall to the ground, and that we are worth more than many sparrows. And that he has numbered each hair on our head.

Take courage. And find peace and love from God.

“So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.”-Matthew 6:34.

edit on 2-8-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad
I'm not religious but also sick of being tested. Maybe it's in a different way or format but psychologically I'm worn out. I used to feel strong physically and mentally. Now, just weak and bruised.

The endless conflict of the last two years just to stand my ground and be isolated for it, made me lose all interest in interacting with anyone. Recently, most everything just stopped having meaning for me. Even my job that I loved is just making money for someone higher up the ladder and it's become painfully boring.

Sorry, not much help other than to say you definitely aren't alone in your thoughts in these crazy times and that there is wisdom in welcoming challenge and change in order to grow but it's ok to give yourself down time to heal, even be negative in admitting defeat today/now but with the knowledge you'll have strength to pick up the pieces tomorrow/soon. Sometimes the endless hard working for others puts our psyche on the back burner when it still needs care, love and attention to replenish that energy.

It's possible you are actually working more than 100% and not recognizing the toll it's taking. That happened to me during the pandemic as we lost staff members, the remaining two of us stepped it up but it was insane the amount of work every day in the heat, with no breaks even. Of course, we were allowed to take breaks but there was never time. Then, too long after I kind of cracked, I realized it was up to me to say sod it, I'm taking a break.

And long term you will be able handle it, it just feels like it's endless and unpleasant in the moment, especially when you put the effort in and see no results. Sometimes, a better way to look at effort is not for reward now but as prep for whatever opportunity may present itself down the road, like taking courses as you mentioned. The opportunity just hasn't arisen yet.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I’m not really a religious man, I think of myself as agnostic. I guess in my older age I lean more on the side of believing in some kind of higher power. But then again, who are any of us to say? None of us really have any idea of what’s actually going on here.

Hence, why I consider myself agnostic.

Anyway, I can kind of relate… if you’re a truly good person, then your probably gonna find yourself being kicked in the gut and rubbed threw the mud by others constantly.

I don’t know if it’s a test from god or just simply weak minded people messing with ya… but it doesn’t really matter anyway, does it?

Either way, you got to hold strong and not let them turn you to the dark side.

All’s good.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
God isn't the one testing you .
Refer to the story of Job.
"Nuff Said"
Been there , done that , got the scars and the T-Shirt to prove it.
The winning ticket is "Patience" .

edit on 8/2/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Also beware of those around you who keep telling you things of where you should be, when they had different breaks or chose a luckier card for the moment.

Just survive and be happy day-to-day.

I mean nothing wrong with aspirations and motivations to do something, but beware of others' expectations.

They might be using you for narcissistic supply to hide their own misery behind a mask of superiority, like psychic vampires.

Is it your own voice you're hearing, or constant negative input from negative people?
Yeah be careful you're not adopting the voice of nasty gaslighting people as your own.

At the moment times are not easy.

(I mean also looking critically at advertisements at the moment, you get this feeling of this untenable upper middle-class you should be part of, or by implication you're a failure. Yet 90 percent of South Africa doesn't live like YouTube adverts. And it's probably getting less by the day. Yip soon we'll be advertising oranges by the half-fruit - if adverts were honest.
I mean we've all heard about sneaky "Instagram models" or whatever doctoring their pics, but big corporation adverts usually get a pass for creating illusions and false-expectations on a much grander scale.)
edit on 2-8-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Mate it's not a Test ?

Assuming the trials of life are test means you assume one day the test will stop and you will get a Prize or something .

Life is what you make of it , and if life is throwing evil your way then you are most likely allowing the evil in , and if you think no I'm doing all good then mate you are wrong wrong wrong .

We are free in this life and so Evil is free to attack us and how we react to evil is how we live with evil , one of my favorite movie quotes is from ' Doctor Strange ' .

" We never lose our Demons Mordo , We only learn to live above them . "

Mathew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh. his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
edit on 2-8-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
At the time I didn't know it (about disordered narcissism in some people) but one way they devalued for me example, was they kept sending me job adverts for positions they knew I'd never get.
Like go to an oil-rig in the North Atlantic, despite my age and sea-phobias.
Or teach at the Montessori school on some farms miles away, when I'm not qualified and the fine-print said "female".
Or become a librarian (although the advert said said "Employment Equity", which in SA means "no white males"), and I didn't have a degree in library studies.
And boy did they love to see me replying and squirming to justify myself.
It made me very unhappy with the implied message of: "You just don't want to work".
I did eventually find things to do, but just an example of how subtle "evil" can be.

Through all this I thought these were my heroes/heroines trying to save me, meanwhile they were just trying to drive me crazy.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Perhaps it's because you look at what is going on as a test. When one takes a test and wants to pass they keep on the same track and keeping trying to pass that same test.

Have you ever thought maybe the path you are on and trying so hard to stay on is not the path you are suppose to be on. I've found that case many of times. God puts you where he wants you. You might have your sight on another path which isn't the path you really belong on. You will end up on the right path but it's easier if you let him lead you to that path. It sounds like road blocks are being thrown up to get you on your path. Where you are suppose to be.

edit on 2-8-2022 by napayshni57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I guess looking back one can always say: "That wasn't a test", that was just another "lesson I had to learn".
It sounds so tired and hackneyed, but I guess it has a lot of truths.

Just a pity those lessons don't come with certificates.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   
What do " the souls under the altar " say ?

And where is the exhortation found , " wait ye , for we too are waiting " ?

If authentic books are of use , use them .

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I've had enough!!!

Matthew 26:39

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed,
“My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not
as I will, but as you will.”

And you think you have it bad?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsealad
Now, I am a believer in God and I have a deep faith, it's not the traditional faith because I feel it's been corrupted over the many, many years.
I believe God is singular and sent a "son" to save us all.
Now, I believe that God sent a "messenger" in many forms.
Jesus, Mohammed, the many different versions we currently have are all the same.
We were given which ever vision we needed at that time.
Whether it's Dinesh or Jesus we were given what we can accept, but ultimately they are all the same.
You may disagree but I believe what I believe..
However, I digress.

We believe what we believe.

Do you ever feel that you're being tested beyond your capabilities to accept?

I'll explain....

Now, I've been put into many situations that I know is a test.
I have put up with many different experiences over the last few years and I know God will only give me what I can handle.
I even begged God to send me to prison so I have time to sort my life out.
In prison I met a Catholic Priest and a Minister who both guided me to a better place.
I have no issues with other religions.
I have a deep understanding of all religions because I feel that they are one and the same.
But what I do have an issue with, just lately, is I am being tested beyond my ability to accept.
I am on the edge of giving up!
I have lost jobs because of others arrogance etc.
I'm hard working and will always give 100%
I have the ability to turn my hand to anything and succeed.
I have so many qualifications it is unreal!
I get bored and then take a course to better myself.
Now, I'm not arrogant nor do I look down on anyone.
I will give my all to help anyone succeed.
It just seems lately that the more I try the more I get knocked back....
All I want is to provide for my family and work hard!
But I keep coming to dead ends!
I've had enough!!!

You are looking at it wrong!

Be refined!

Its not a test, its a distillation process!

Are you an impurity? Stand strong!

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo
That's it mate!
The way the world is it's "one step forward two back"
No matter what you think or how positive you are it'll just hit back...
It's draining af!

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: napayshni57
That actually makes Sense.
I feel that there is something more I should be doing but I battle on because I have a family to support.
I physically feel the path I'm on is wrong and I KNOW there's something else that I should be doing but I'm always held back!
I know I have been giving opportunity but it's always been something else is needed.
I'll explain...
Now, I'm quite adapt at trading Forex etc.
I've wanted to do it full time for years....
I get the opportunity to do it but then something happens and I'm unable to fund my passion.
It feels the right path.
I know I'm ment for something better but it's always out of reach

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't know much about the Bible and I was actually trying to figure out an answer to a question but it may be related to your predicament also?

When the Bible was written there was a man born who somehow ended up becoming a great persecutor of Christians but then after some time or something happening he then ended up becoming one of Christianity greatest defenders.

Anyone heard that story or know who that guy is?
edit on 11-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

The Bible is a collection of books that were written at different times over a 1500 year period (although all the books that make up the Christian Greek Scriptures, a.k.a. the New Testament, were written within the first century).

You were thinking of Paul, who wrote almost half of the Christian Greek Scriptures (after Jesus' death and resurrection, within a couple of decades).
edit on 12-8-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

thanks... Paul cool I'm going to check it out. I wonder how they did it or if it was something he came to change about himself.

I'll check it out

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gods kind of a sick #.

Here jump through these hoops mortal... pinky up or it gets eternal damnation.

Oh that and the Roman's were corrupt just like politicians today lol it was a mushroom cult.

Free yourself

top topics

join