It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on with Cigarettes and the Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

At some point in the next few years, the 30 million smokers in the United States could wake up one day to find that cigarettes sold at gas stations, convenience stores and smoke shops contain such minuscule amounts of nicotine that they cannot get their usual fix when lighting up.
Such scenarios inched closer to the realm of possibility in June, when the Food and Drug Administration said that it would move toward slashing nicotine levels in cigarettes in an effort to reduce the health effects of an addiction that claims 480,000 lives a year.

Firstly, I hate smoke and my mom died of lung cancer from being a chain smoker...

But what is going on here? Is this a ploy to get people to actually buy more and hoard?
Is this because they REALLY did find that this helps prevent covid? Or maybe prevent other illnesses... There is a strong link that cigarette smoke may help ward off Parkinsons.
Is this so more people will turn to much more unhealthy vices like over eating, drinking?

Maybe I'm just super cynical whenever the government says it's doing something for the health of people I think the exact opposite.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They are trying to do the same with the vaping industry. Even though both have been proven to help against covid.

e-cigarette forum article link

Also, cigarettes have far worse and more chemicals in them than vaping, and nicotine is the least bad of them.
So, like you said, the government is not doing this to 'help' any of us

The less nicotine per cigarette, the more cigarettes people will smoke to get their fix, which in the end is going to be worse for them but great for big tabacco and big pharma

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hydro and Ivermectin demonized by the big Pharma Owned MSM and medical community

Cigarettes' demonized by the same people.

Think Ill keep smoking

edit on 2-8-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
they put a chemical in them to burn slow. most dangerous stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nicotine wakes you up to reality!

The gov. is pushing for derealization, nicotine and other natural alkaloids are in the way.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

The gov. is pushing for derealization, nicotine and other natural alkaloids are in the way.
Yes, vaping helps me focus and calm my anxiety. While weed has now be legalized in many states (if not all) , weed puts you to sleep from what I hear ?

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Cig's for 25 years
Vape for 10 years

Now i'm 2 years plus on the dang 2mg nicotine pills lol

I am saturated in nicotine no Covid for me !

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Yes, vaping helps me focus and calm my anxiety. While weed has now be legalized in many states (if not all) , weed puts you to sleep from what I hear ?

Well physically yes.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Referring to weed making you sleepy, it depends. There are different types of weed. Indica's (Cannabis indica) amd Sativa's (Cannabis Sativa) differ greatly. While Indica's are typically a night time, sleep inducing smoking experience, Sativa's are quite the opposite. The taller, less bushy variety can actually give you energy and help you concentrate once your body is used to THC. That is why you will find a lot of heavy smokers use Sativa's during the day, and Indica's at night.

Either way, I find that the devil's lettuce helps open your mind and allows you to travel down thought path's that you normally wouldn't. Whether this is in a creative sense, or just how you interpret an event that takes place, the mind altering effects of MJ can be beneficial in more way's than one.

All of that said, I would take anything that the FDA states with a salt flats sized grain of salt after this Covid 19 debacle.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Post removed to prevent thread drift.
edit on 2-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

originally posted by: ancientlight

Well physically yes.
Umm ?

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That depends on the strain of weed to some extent.

I vape myself, but that will be the next thing to go, not smoked fags in about a year and a half.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As a halfassed horticulturist, I grow many crops in the garden, greenhouse and indoors under lights.

I smoked store bought smokes for years but when I started growing, curing, smoking my own tobacco from seeds from my NA brothers.
I have found that I'm not addicted to nicotine anymore and seldom smoke anything and I feel 20 years younger, calm, but with an energy I thought I would never regain. The free floating anxiety is gone thanks to the other plants I grow monkey glue and Gelato OG made into a tincture or cookies.

edit on 2-8-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Russians have had an anecdote since the days of the USSR.

“Central television has learned that there is the longest-lived person in the Caucasus, he is 150 years old. A film crew came to his mountainous village to interview him:

- Tell me, probably, you lived to such an age because you did not smoke tobacco, did not drink alcohol and did not have relationships with women?
- Of course.

And suddenly the shooting is interrupted by sounds from a nearby comeat - cigarette smoke, the clink of bottles and women's laughter.

- Who's in the next room?
"Ah, this is my older brother - a smoker, a drunkard and a lover of women."

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I can only smoke American Spirits.

No additives.

All the other brands have added nictoine, burn accelerators and a wealth of nasty chemicals.

I can taste them and the cigarette burns quickly and doesn't provide any relaxation.

You actually have to smoke MORE to get the same effect.

With the reduction in nicotine, people will have to smoke MORE to get the same fix.

Ergo, they will be buying and smoking MORE cigarettes.

It's a scam and won't reduce consumption, only encourage it.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Its not exactly proven that nicotine directly helps prevents covid.
medium.com...

Nicotine is highly addictive and vaping is very popular with kids. Perhaps upping the age to 21 may help prevent addicts.

But at the same time, maybe its better to just let people do what they want.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It increases testosterone, kills the globohomo scam bioweapon and a halved potency will double gov tax theft when people buy twice as much for the same effect.

Basically just #head boomer riggers being themselves again.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I think it's a prelude to banning cigarettes and the like altogether. They're starting with menthol cigarettes, which will hugely impact minority communities.

Remember, you will own nothing, literally, and like it. No more smokes for you. They are taking all the joy out of life for people. They are deliberately trying to make us miserable.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Its not exactly proven that nicotine directly helps prevents covid.
medium.com...

Nicotine is highly addictive and vaping is very popular with kids. Perhaps upping the age to 21 may help prevent addicts.

But at the same time, maybe its better to just let people do what they want.

Try researching medical research from teams in the UK , and stop relying on just anyone to provide you with information . There was also some research done here in the US .

Also , research the effects of nicotine on the body .
First step is to realize that the only way a human body can absorb nicotine is through the skin .

Do you know the real story behind the warning on a pack of cigarettes ?
I do .
edit on 8/2/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

the only way a human body can absorb nicotine is through the skin .

Especially your lung skin

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join