It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hal Puthoff's musings in ULTRATERRESTRIAL MODELS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Timely in light of some recent threads here is the following paper from Hal Puthoff, who will be well known to most who frequent this forum.

Pdf can be downloaded from the link here which also gives some information on the author if not familiar.

The paper isn't a long read and does a reasonable job of outlining the range of options that may explain the phenomenon and suggests methods to improve the data available and start to hone and eliminate the various theories. Nothing really ground breaking but does summarise the current status fairly well so hope of some interest.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I’m interested in your post. The link did not show up.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Capies

Works for me , here's the link to the PDF from the OPs link.
thejournalofcosmology.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here's a summary:

1.) There is some sort of phenomenon interacting with people on Earth.

2.) We really don't know what it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thank you for the synopsis. I see the hyperlink on the word “here”.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Mind: the paper (if you can call that a paper at all) is published in the Journal of Cosmology. As per the Wikipedia, this journal (if you can call it that way at all):

1) The Journal of Cosmology describes itself as a peer-reviewed open access scientific journal of cosmology, although the quality of the process has been questioned.

2) It has been called a predatory journal and a vanity press. The journal promotes fringe viewpoints and speculative viewpoints on astrobiology, astrophysics, and quantum physics.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think the vast majority of people agree that UAPs and Aliens exist. Notice I did not say ET, extra-terrestrial. Puthoff is only forwarding a hypothesis ie, Ultra terrestrial rather than Extra-terrestrial, trying to get this, might be scenario, into the UAP mix.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is an old theory rebranded.

And I am not that comfortable with the branding. Ultratrrresterial sounds like extreme Earthling. Doesn't really work. I would have gone with exodeminsional, outside deminsional. Just sounds better and is self explanatory.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Here's a summary:

That's about the gist of it.

This paper is good for folks new to the ufo field. Otherwise, it's all redundant to one who has already studied in the field and come upon these theories numerous times from numerous perspectives.

So, it has great utility.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Here's a summary:

Isn’t this the entire summary of ufology?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CyberBuddha

No. It should be rephrased as follows: we don't know if there is some sort of phenomenon interacting with people on Earth.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Exactly.

There is no publicly available evidence of a NHI threat.
Puthoff's shtick seems to be eluding to things he may or may not have access to in classified settings- then delivering these outside possibilities as fact.

If Puthoff was doing his job right- he'd also point out that every single alleged observable/facet of UFOlogy/ET/Ultra terrestrials- has already been researched/applied by the Government in context of a national security/warfare application.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

No. It should be rephrased as follows: we don't know if there is some sort of phenomenon interacting with people on Earth.

If you’re doubting at this point that there IS some phenomenon interacting with us you’re not a skeptic, but just blissfully ignorant.

Maybe I misunderstood your reply?

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Actually, my friend, the only ignorant here is you. Otherwise the U in UFO and the U in UAP would be replaced by an I. Hence, you see, for you to believe in UFOs the first thing you must be is an ignorant, namely, the one who ignores what those flying objects are. This, by definition.

Now, that you are an ignorant in what concerns the U in UFO does not mean all other people out there are ignorant about what those objects are. See, it is a matter of knowing or not knowing. In fact, the U in most UFO sightings readily turns into an I after careful analysis. And for those cases in which a definite I cannot be ascertained, one usually turn the U into a PI: probably identified.

The phenomenon is not Jesus' miracles, but the fact that some people believe in miracles. In the case of UFOs, the phenomenon is not the UFO, but the fact that people do believe in UFOs. That's the phenomenon.

If you waste your time reading the 'paper' of Mr. Puthoff you wil notice how he readily writes this:

Is the phenomenon predominantly nuts ‘n bolts, psychological, or metaphysical, assuming such distinctions can be made?

See? Mr. Puthoff already gives you the answer: either physical objects, a psychological disorder, or a mystic experience. Those are the only possible avenues, according to him. A mystic experience or a psychological disorder automatically rules out any real existence of the object under investigation. You are only left with the nuts and bolts possibility, which is the one that can be easily explained as terrestrial in most cases after a careful analysis.

So, again, it is your ignorance what keeps the U in UFO alive, for you genuinely ignore what those objects are, which does not turn those objects into a phenomenon at all. It turns them into a meme, a folk-tale, a minor belief, and an industry that moves money enough to keep it alive.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It all boils down to opinion.

Many, like Valle, and John Keel, believe ardently in interdimensional, or as Keel called them, ultra terrestrial.
Some don’t believe in the spooky stuff. Dolan, for instance, did a whole show and didn’t mention the Keel/Vallee perspective. And then there’s many like William Henry, maybe Linda Howe who believes in every possibility.

Even the AA guys have different beliefs; some don’t like God, or the spooky stuff, Dolan for instance, and some do and others in between.

At least Puthoff mentions just about all of the different perspectives.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hal Puthoff and Ingo Swann...2 guys I have followed for over 20 years.
From personal experience I am more inclined to think in terms of endo-terrestrial than any other hypothesis.
Think "book of Enoch".
It's actually quite informative and accurate!
reply to: chunder

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hal absolutely reeks of Rosicrucian Hermetecism.
Not a folklore/philosophy expert but as I remember it- Hermeticism is based on Hermes - who was actually a Greek version of Egyptian Thoth.....who in some circles- is believed to have come from the Ocean to present man with scientific knowledge.

"Ultra Terrestrials" is another old, recycled belief without proof that serves no purpose except to widen the possible suspect list.

He's a physicist FFS... why doesn't he do a paper on how LM's suggested agitation of "Matter Waves" in LENR is very very similar to the "acceleration" of exotic matter to cause the alleged quantum macroscopic effects in Pais inertial frame decoupler?

Critique the work of several PhD's on topics that can sensibly debated as a credible source of the "5 Observables"?
Nah.... lets do Ancient Aliens instead.
edit on 4-8-2022 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow Hal's references include some really dubious sources amongst them.

1] Vallee, J., Aubeck, C. (2010). Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial
Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times.
[2] Greenewald, Jr., J. (2019). Inside the Black Vault: The Government’s
UFO Secrets Revealed.
[3] Pasulka, D. (2019). American Cosmic.
[4] Sitchin, Z. (2014). The Complete Earth Chronicles.
[5] Dolan, R., Zabel, B. (2012). A.D. After Disclosure. Weiser,
[6] Corso, P. (1997). The Day After Roswell.
[7] Cooper, H., Blumenthal, R., Kean, L. (16 Dec. 2017). Glowing Auras
and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program. New York Times, New York, US.
[8] Lacatski, J., Kelleher, C., Knapp, G. (2021). Skinwalkers at the
Pentagon:
[9] Masters, M. (2019). Identified Flying Objects.
[10] Vallee, J. (2008). Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults.
[11] Vallee, J. (2014). Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying
Saucers. Daily Grail Publ., US.
[12] Tonnies, M. (2010). The Cryptoterrestrials: A Meditation on Indigenous
Humanoids and the Aliens Among Us.

He doesn't really say much other than to extrapolate what other people's imagination produced. Well done Hal! He's an expert at producing nothing.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Do you consider Dr Michael Masters dubious MM. He wrote a book about the Aliens been ourselves.
He is also involved with all things Rendlesham and Jim Penniston . I noticed Bryce Zabel also who has the exact
story as Penniston, you know that movie he produced and turns out Jim's story is identical. So when you say dubious, I am inclined to think something is fishy maybe with all these characters. No comment re the rest of them.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Puthoff's public persona is one of a man who has repeatedly succeeded financially from being a failure. Everything he's done for the past 50 years seems based in pseudoscience and legally extracting funding from the rich or the US taxpayer for projects that never deliver anything of any use.

In his early years, he served with the Navy and NSA. But during the 1960s, with a career in laser physics beckoning, he instead chose to become a $cientologist . A science fiction based cult which is where the myth of 'remote viewing' originally originated. Hal appears to have been far too easily converted and reached the top level of old Father Hubbard's cupboard. But then a decade later he was allowed to just walk away. Unlike most former disciples.

Soon after, between 1978 and 1991, he urinated away $20m of taxpayers money to study remote viewing and parapsychology. Even claiming the entertainer Uri Geller had real psychic powers!!! The project was eventually closed concluding "...that it was never useful in any intelligence operation. Information provided by the program was vague and included irrelevant and erroneous data, and there were suspicions of inter-judge reliability".

It proves that there are people in the US government who are gullible enough to believe this sort of thing must be real. Unless of course it was to divert money elsewhere for so long. 13 years is a long time, even for the dumbest of people to recognise Hal's failings.

During the 80s he also dipped into the pockets of Bill Church as a consultant on free energy sources. To which he produced nothing of any value. Yet again

Then Hoffmeister fed from the teat of another millionaire, the totally credulous Bob Bigelow, who employed him at NIDS as the Vegas UFO Mob began to spread their mythology farther and wider. NIDS produced a few perfunctory reportsfor him and a lot of camp fire stories. Bigelow shut NIDS down in the early 2000s due to lack of progress. But still used Hal again to help secure his AAWSAP contract. Even though Bob was the only bidder.

In 1998 Hoff's Earthtech company was granted a patent that was later used as an example of a valid patent where "The lesson of the Puthoff patent is that in a world where both types of patents are more and more common, even a competent examiner may fail to distinguish innovation from pseudoscience."

Hal was also involved as a paid consultant with internet millionaire Joe Firmage during the 90s and 2000s. Once again in the world of pseudoscience.

Then in the mid-2000s Hal along with close pals Doty and Green , he was exposed as being part of the SERPO hoax. Yet Bigelow, still has him as part of his dream team. Hal even negotiated the controversial contract with MUFON for Big Bob as part of AAWSAP.

The Hoff was still trying to sell his exotic propulsion and free energy theories in 2010 when Brandon Fugal got involved with the Hoffmeister.

Fugal later said “To be blunt, there were issues concerning the original partner involved with the project. None of us anticipated the emotional or technical difficulties involved,... "We made changes to the team, forged ahead, but in the end, we all knew it was a big risk. Not every bet pays off.”

Fugal then went on to buy Skinwalker Ranch. Where nothing stranger than anywhere else in the world happened until the Shermans turned up and then nothing afterwards. Unless you believe the campfire stories of Knapp and Kelleher?

Hal recently told Eric Weinstein that remote viewing really worked and could be used successfully to make stock market gains. But he was too busy working to do it. Which is rather contrary to what his work/life balance suggests since the 1970s.

Looks to me like the Hoff's real genius is creaming $$$$ from the US taxpayer, gullible millionaires and staying out of jail while he does it!

edit on 4/8/2022 by mirageman because: ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join