It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Elderly Store Owner Opens Fire On Would-Be Robber Armed With AR Style Rifle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Couple of takeaways from this, beyond the fact that some people can’t keep track of their arms.

1. Everyone’s aim goes to # in a crisis.

2. If you’re aim is going to go to shot, You’re far better off with a shotgun. The scary black gun doesn’t confer any advantage, And must be aimed properly – something you’re liable to screw up when someone blows your arm off.

3. Shotgun is a better weapon for defense, because of choke and spread. (said with a Bill-Burr-style southern accent.). No problem over here, no problem over there.

4. I keep my defense loaded alternating double aught buck, and slugs. Five in the cylinder, unless I’m hunting waterfowl.

5. If the purple had been shot, not in the arm, but in the midsection, he would’ve been doomed to a slow painful death. Shotgun in the intestine is incompatible with life. Surgeons cannot accurately pick out all of the lead pellets, and even three or 41 we usually make an artery or be in a place that cannot be found. The purple bleed to death over a period of day. Even if you lived, it’s multiple surgeries to find every last bleed. Probably looking at multiple surgeries on his arm that got shut off, as the arteries slowly weeps from where it’s been nicked

edit on 3-8-2022 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323
a reply to: Grimpachi

I keep slugs in my shotgun, for home protection. No fear of overspray, and it will take an arm, or leg, clean off.

Not the choice I would make. 00 or 000 Buck gives you a spread. The thing about shotguns is if you miss it takes longer to reacquire your target. The inherent advantage of shotguns is you don't have to be as accurate with your shot.

Hopefully, you at least have a semi-auto shotgun.

My dedicated home defense gun is an AR pistol chambered in .300 AAC Blackout. 60 round mag and a quality laser sight that comes on as soon as I grab the grip and an attached LED flashlight that can strobe with a quick finger tap. A directional can on the front that does nothing to suppress the sound but does throw it forward. It is loud as hell to those in front of me.

It is a shock and awe home defense weapon. The 300 AAC does lose energy quicker than a 5.56 making it less likely to over-penetrate going to the house next door but this is a life and death weapon if things go really bad. Such as a home invasionion.

Even if 4 or 5 people try to break in and think they have an advantage in numbers they will be in for a rude awakening.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It was funny that the getaway car was parked in a handicapped space. But the wound didn't seem too bad even if the perp was screaming like a little girl.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Islandparty
a reply to: incoserv

Scallywags even parked in a handicap parking spot, hope they got a ticket for that too! Glad no one else was in the store clerk could have been distracted a bit more.

You dont think a blown off arm counts as handicap these days?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ah, just like RoboCop.

Never did I realize that Paul Verhoeven movies would come to life....

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Another beautiful video

I love the part where he says 'shut up' to the guy on the ground

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Overall good, but the shop keeper loses points for using the AI to fail to make the 911 call. He dials it manually anyways.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: ancientlight

Overall good, but the shop keeper loses points for using the AI to fail to make the 911 call. He dials it manually anyways.

moments after he shot the guy he had a heart attack. you should give him some leave way or just take that back all together. Respect is due because he earned it.

posted on Aug, 7 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: infolurker

It was funny that the getaway car was parked in a handicapped space. But the wound didn't seem too bad even if the perp was screaming like a little girl.

This was good on a loop, they took that one down.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Excuse the mis-comm. , my reply was for the smokeshop knife defense video post directly above mine. The op video has my full support.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Wait... this was in California???

""In this case, a lawfully armed member of our community prevented a violent crime and ensured their own safety, while being confronted with multiple armed suspects," deputies wrote in a press release.

I was fully expecting to read that the perps were discovered at the hospital, and police were taking their statements before going to arrest that fascist asshole that had the audacity to protect himself and his business.

Glad to hear that didn't happen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join