It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex - Why the control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IsabelleJones

Children with mom and dad tend to enjoy better outcomes in all categories.

Having two sources of income or care also helps.

As usual, your reply has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: Waterglass

Come on you were 16 once But see you automatically went to Satan "evil"

I was 16 once, too. Many years ago.

I kept my virginity until my wedding night because I valued and respected my own self and the woman I was yet to marry.

I see a fundamental difference between myself and a street dog in heat. I especially see a difference between human women and street bitches (female dogs) in heat.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Do you think society is a "control"?

We need controls.

We're bipedal hairless monkeys that are good tool makers.

Without control there is anarchy.

Too much control there is authoritarianism.

Find the balance.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Do you think society is a "control"?

We need controls.

We're bipedal hairless monkeys that are good tool makers.

Without control there is anarchy.

Too much control there is authoritarianism.

Find the balance.

That's my point.

The balance is reasonable self-control. If people exercise reasonable self-control, there is no need for external controls. When a culture loses the ability to recognize the need for and exercise self-control, somebody (laws, cultural pressure) or something (disease, unrest) will come in to fill that lack.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Exactly!

Rule yourself or you will be ruled. There is no unfettered freedom.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Sex is natural just about everything on the planet has some sort of sex to reproduce or even pleasure .

So I ask why do Humans or at least the ones in control doing the teaching want to control what sex is What is the ?

In some states it's even illegal to have certain types of sex

Age limits
Where it can take place
How it should take place
only do it when married
Whatever you do do not show anything in public even tho guys can go topless

What gain is it to control sex to make it seem like you are doing something wrong even in the best situations .

OMG a teacher had sex with a 16 year old Why is sex so taboo even tho the rest of the world will stop and hump at anytime and anyplace .

I know the get a room attitude but just when in humanity did we decide it was something on the gross side and needed laws ?

Control the Sex and you control the people doe's it all stem from religion or does it run deeper ?

Death is also a natural process.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I like cultural anthropology -- I remember reading about a Polynesian culture.

The children explored sex naturally, their parents worked, and it was the grandparents who raised the babies/children.

It sure sounds like a better plan than our current "modern" one.

I'm raising a teen boy. It's really difficult.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yet we "self-control" under the guidelines that society lays down.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You ruined what could have been an interesting subject with bad examples. Lot's of things are "natural" that we choose to outlaw. Animals (including people) have instincts to kill but we also outlaw killing other humans. Most of your examples deal with consent - so that's why they are illegal and should be illegal.

But what is interesting is sex is one of the subjects' conservatives don't care if it's between consenting adults.
They deem it immoral because it's mentioned in the bible and want laws against it.

But let a Harvard educated lawyer draft a contract that a single mother with an IQ of 80 and that's perfectly fine. That's ethical and fair. And yes, the Bible does mention taking care of the poor and unethical business practices.

It's about creating a false sense morality.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sorry, but decades of research shows otherwise.

I'd say that depends on the relationship the parents have with each other.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
John Calhoun's Universe 25 experiment is instructional here. As the societal structure and "culture"within the colony collapsed, sexual promiscuity and perversion presented and increased exponentially.

That should be a lesson to us, but most humans are too stupid to get it.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yet we "self-control" under the guidelines that society lays down.

Not even! If the essential principles of self-control are not self-evident in a preponderance of the society, the society is already in trouble.

Granted, there are societal norms that define and govern moral and cultural behavior, but if conduct depends solely on "the guidelines that society lays down," we're already deep in the woods.

There are certain things that I know to be wrong, unhealthy and destructive to both myself and my societal context , that the culture or society in which I live may allow or even approve of. If I abandon my own "guidelines" to confirm to cultural ones that abrogate my internal ones, I become part of the problem.

The conundrum we gave at this point is relativism. If the society has no common fixed point of moral reference, eventual moral and ethical, then social and finally political anarchy is the only possible outcome.
:
edit on 2022 7 31 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm always astonished how much interest the Conservative Religious Right wing have with the sexuality of others.

How about this...."judge not least ye be judged" Matthew 5:3—7:27

edit on 31-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm always astonished how much interest the Conservative Religious Right wing have with the sexuality of others.

So it's the covservative religious right who are into teaching children all about how to masturbate, choose their own gender, get on puberty blockers, etc. before many of them learn how to tie their own shoes?

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So it's the covservative religious right who are into teaching children all about how to masturbate, choose their own gender, get on puberty blockers, etc. before many of them learn how to tie their own shoes?

Progressives are not known for having even a modicum of self-awareness. As a matter of fact, I firmly hold that one of the symptoms of the mental illness of progressivism is a complete lack of self awareness. They routinely accuse others of doing the things that they do.

It really is a mental illness.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Sorry, but decades of research shows otherwise.

I'd say that depends on the relationship the parents have with each other.

Agreed . Also people who jump the hoops in the right order tend to get better outcomes .

And when do the stats start from ?
In the UK until , 1979 , the social services and wonderful NHS midwives would take and give away your kids if they were born outside marriage.

If that's not overly controlling I don't know what is.
It's possible and been speculatively forwarded that "the state" made "state agents" out of some of these kids , brainwashing them to do zombie roles in eg police forces / NHS environments / government and media positions where they're in full complicity with some kind of illegal black ops programme against the public interest .

Like the catholics know , sex makes babies and babies are desirable , worth money , like slaves . Control sex control babies control children control adults control families control everyone. That's what they'd like .

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I like cultural anthropology -- I remember reading about a Polynesian culture.

The children explored sex naturally, their parents worked, and it was the grandparents who raised the babies/children.

It sure sounds like a better plan than our current "modern" one.

I'm raising a teen boy. It's really difficult.

No worries. Just give him the Internet and show him Cardio B's Wet Ass Pussy video. According to many people in this forum, that's a perfectly normal and healthy expression of human sexuality, so, like, it's all good. Right?

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Exactly!

Rule yourself or you will be ruled. There is no unfettered freedom.

I have an analogy that I often use when discussing the idea of "unfettered freedom."

If one sits at a piano keyboard and doesn't know anything about the music theory, chords, musical notes or how to play a piano, one can bang on the keyboard and make a lot of noise, but it's not music; it is only a cacaphony. This is "unfettered freedom." You get a lot of noise, but it does not produce anything of value.

There are people who understand the rules of music, the theory, how to play a piano. Those people touch the keyboard with thier fingers but do so as confined by certain rules. Those rules are not obstacles to their "freedom;" rather, they give structure to their freedom and enable them to create beautiful art within the confines of those rules.

The person who lives an "unfettered" life outside of the confines of any rules, any principles or precepts of self-control is like the person who bangs on the keyboard with not understanding of what the rules are to make music. They produce nothing of any moral value. The one who understands the rules of self-government is like the trained musician who understands his relationship to the keybaord or to life.

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: IsabelleJones
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's been a bastion of conservatism , that idea , for many years

Actually, this one tends to swing wildly depending on the politics of the day.

Generally speaking, one side gets outraged when the other side does something involving whatever the subject matter is, and this flips a few years later down the line.

There are also some things that defy conventional wisdom. For example, predominantly conservative southern states still have child marriage laws on the books, and have a culture of holding highly sexualized child beauty pageants where children are dressed up as adults and then paraded around in a way that the more liberal northern states would consider exploitative.

They can all play the sexual immorality card yes.
Or not sometimes , like Trump . He's into his beauty pageants , many of them on the younger side

He'd rather play a republican president because republicans are thick , makes him a northern sleazeball who d play fiddle for the church of Pence while he secretly piddles on russian whores .

They're all as bad as each other or worse

posted on Jul, 31 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

*phweet!*
Flag on the play.
Blatant attack on ideological opponents rather than addressing the argument at hand.
*phweet!*
Moving the goalpost 5 yards.
Repeat first down.

Sorry, but your attempt at reply sort of jumped the shark a bit there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join