It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your personal experience with the 8 propaganda techniques regarding Covid-19 vaccinations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Purpose.

I would like to understand how the 8 propaganda techniques were used to sway your decision in getting or not getting the Covid-19 vaccination. I believe if we understand why we either got the vaccination or did not get the vaccination could lead to better decisions in the future. I will list the techniques with a brief description. DISCLAIMER - I'm not concerned on why or why not you got the vaccination, I would like to better understand the thought process used in making this decision.

The 8 techniques.

Bandwagon - an appeal to others to join the crowd in order to be on the winning side

Glittering generality - emotionally appealing words that are applied to a product or idea, but that present no concrete argument or analysis

Card stacking - presenting only the information that is positive to an idea or proposal and omitting information that is contrary to that idea; this term comes from stacking a deck of cards in your favor; used to slant a message.

Name calling - the use of derogatory language or words that carry a negative connotation; hopes that the audience will reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative symbol, instead of looking at the available evidence

Plain folks - attempting to convince the public that one's views reflect those of the common person

Red herring - presenting an irrelevant topic in order to divert attention from the original issue to "win" the argument by leading attention away from the topic to another issue

Testimonial - the use of a quotation or endorsement, in or out of context, that attempts to connect a famous or respectable person with a product or item

Transfer - projecting positive or negative qualities of a person, entity, object, or value to another to make the second more acceptable or to discredit it

I know I've personally seen almost every one of these tactics used on both sides of the argument. I would like to gather more information on your personal experience. Thank you in advance.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Before I decided to get vaxed, I did some research on the Mrna vaccines, and that with what I had already learned from high school biology class lead me to believe that these vaccines were not going to harm me.

I was under no impression that these vaccines would cure Covid or even be extremely affective. Why? Because of the flu vaccine.

My understanding always was that this could help keep you out of the hospital and lower the symptoms if I caught Covid.

There will always be side effects, for some, to vaccines. That was a risk I was willing to take. I've already been vaccinated for Hep A, Hep B, tetanus, the flu, smallpox, measles, mumps. And so on. So, my risk was fairly low.

I don't take medical advice from Facebook, the news, talking heads, Twitter, or anyone but my personal doctor. I'd suggest others do the same.

a reply to: litterbaux

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

You were taught biology in high school, Mrna vaccines were not and are not taught in high school. It's a new technology, well not new but new for this type of mass distribution.

Your understanding that this vaccine could help keep you out of the hospital and lower symptoms, which propaganda technique led you to this conclusion?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The name calling on alternative treatments for covid set of my alarm bells that something was wrong. How it has also be used against those suffering side effects is troubling.

The card stacking by the media and bureaucratic medical organizations made it clear to stay away.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

It's good to recognize the types of propaganda used.

I hope if anything this thread makes people understand that propaganda is real and used.

Question everything, knowledge is power. Know the tactics used, be aware.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There were many people that tried to bully and shame me into getting it, but I would just shame them right back.
They are experimental, and they aren’t a vaccine.
How stupid can a person be?
These idiots took an experimental injection and think they are the smart ones.
There’s guys on this site that took the “vaccine” and then try to weigh in on other subjects and I’m just like
“Why should I care about your opinion on anything? You have the judgement of a toddler.”

edit on 29-7-2022 by Notabot12345666 because: (no reason given)

Taking an experimental “vaccine”is no smarter than raw dogging hookers.
edit on 29-7-2022 by Notabot12345666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2022 by Notabot12345666 because: He calls himself Beto

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

In an information war spotting the propaganda, lies and deception is critical. Not always easy sorting out the facts from the fiction with the centralization of the large corporate interests.

ATS has helped with some of the issues, debates and information that has been presented over the years. One thread that has a few more tips in navigating this mind field.

32 tips for navigating a society full of propaganda and manipulation

Deception is a tough one pick at times. We have all gotten things wrong in the past. In time and with practice we de get better at it. Being aware it is a part of human nature does help in finding it. A lot of things are in the gray zone, cannot be certain until seeing the evidence beyond reasonable doubt.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Every one of those points fits in with the Ukraine situation too,the same playback everytime.
The blind said hey listen,while the deaf said can't you see?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
180 degree flips and waffling of politicians saying NO, then when Trump was gone, saying YES. Then the MSM following suit and suddenly selling the jabs for big pharm.

A lot of propaganda techniques, mainly the "Bandwagon" approach. (Everyone must get this" Safe and effective!

MSM use of defamatory statements against the unvaxxed. Shaming techniques. Conservatives reiterating the fact that the federal government has no authority given to them to invoke federal vaccine mandates. And the White House even announcing before that, they have no authority to issue a vaccine mandate.

As soon as that was said many times, the president then issued illegal mandates but exempting themselves, staff, and others.

So, a lot of negative things besides just using propaganda techniques all combined to make a new especially evil propaganda technique. No jab equals no job in many cases as well, a particularly evil thing to do.

The most vile and evil people on the planet telling everyone (except themselves) they must get the jabs and wear masks that DON'T actually filter out microscopic virii.

Using techniques that work, and techniques that cause the opposite outcome at the same time, because those using propaganda against the public hate America so much and the people within, they have to mock everyone on top of it all.

Not before, or now, or in the future will I comply with any of these people no matter what it is they say I must do because they are of the devil. They represent and champion evil.

edit on 29-7-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

To be honest we didn't really have that here, not from the state at least.

These mostly came from private citizens and the for profit media.

If anything the government was two steps behind it didn't need to push the vax because there was already such a high public demand. The main exception to this were a couple of minority groups who been effected by fake social media reports from the old country about the vax being a CIA plot, and illegals.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

To be honest we didn't really have that here, not from the state at least.

These mostly came from private citizens and the for profit media.

If anything the government was two steps behind it didn't need to push the vax because there was already such a high public demand. The main exception to this were a couple of minority groups who been effected by fake social media reports from the old country about the vax being a CIA plot, and illegals.

Funny. You are supposed to mention what propaganda techniques were used to promote the jabs, not use propaganda yourself to promote the jabs.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Name calling & card stacking in my personal experience. Was coerced into getting one by family and my employer, and was told "just do it, just get it and be done with it" and then 1 year later they say the same thing about boosters (sorry, I already "did it" once, not again)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376
Every one of those points fits in with the Ukraine situation too,the same playback everytime.
The blind said hey listen,while the deaf said can't you see?

This is why I want everyone to take a step back, look at the situation with the lense of propaganda, then make a decision.

I hope we can together make a difference in this ever changing world we live in.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Being aware of the propaganda techniques will bring everyone a little closer to the truth. Please share the techniques to your friends and family so we can all make better, more informed decisions moving forward.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
DISCLAIMER - I'm not concerned on why or why not you got the vaccination, I would like to better understand the thought process used in making this decision.

What sort of a statement is this? Seems highly contradictory to me.

How can you not be concerned why a person did or didn't when the reasons they did or didn't is directly proportionate to their thought process behind either decision.

This type of reasoning is exactly the type of reasoning I witnessed from the pushers and why I kept a ten foot pole between myself and the vax.

To you and them still to this day - make some sense, stop contradicting yourself and maybe then I will lend a ear......

Until then I'll continue on my way, a shepherd not a sheep.

edit on 29-7-2022 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

From my personal experience, I did not see the public demand until the propaganda from the government started to take hold. Even that didn't work, in my experience. There were offers of free krispy creme donuts for the rest of the year, Target gave 5$ gift cards, 10% off if you got vaccinated at Carrs, Haggen, Jewel-Osco, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Safeway, Shaws and Star Market. Uber and Lyft gave free rides to a vaccination site. Major league soccor gave 30% discount on merch at the stadiums.

I can go on and on but read if for yourself.

COVID Vaccine Freebies

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Sorry if I came across this way, it's hard to really understand what happened without the presence of emotion.

My intention here is to highlight the use of propaganda and how highly effective it is. It's paramount for me to understand how this all happened and to not make the same mistakes again. Whether it be another pandemic or any other kind of narrative spewed forth.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: CthruU

Sorry if I came across this way, it's hard to really understand what happened without the presence of emotion.

My intention here is to highlight the use of propaganda and how highly effective it is. It's paramount for me to understand how this all happened and to not make the same mistakes again. Whether it be another pandemic or any other kind of narrative spewed forth.

No need for apologies, you can't understand without the presence of emotion because propaganda which has been applied for all recorded history feeds on emotion, without emotion propaganda cannot succeed.

You will never eliminate propaganda as it succeeds or fails based on emotional influences, humanity is primarily emotionally driven and many mistakes are made in the crutch of emotional distress. Humanity knows how highly effective propaganda is they even rely on it themselves if it suits their needs.

Control over ones thought before action is the starting point and majorically humanity does not possess this skill.......especially in times of panic which by the way panic is likely its strongest trigger.

I certainly applaud the intention but don't believe the task is either feasible or even possible.

Good luck.
edit on 29-7-2022 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

All the propaganda techniques were red flags.
No, they were raging, violent strobe blinking alarms.

It was by far the most aggressive, hostile and stress inducing propoganda campaign I've ever seen in my lifetime.
History ran through my head quite a bit and I was beginning to understand how some of these horrors in the past happened.

They made valid critical voices so small and pushed it out on the fringes, a technique I would call gaslighting

In the end, this kind of manipulation just solidified my resolve and pissed me off.. I don't take very kindly to psychological abuse and I can spot it a mile away.

I literally saw an article from the hill where a woman's husband died and the article said that it would have been worse if he had not gotten the vaccine!

The propoganda blurred the lines between parody and reality so there were some laughs. They really tried everything didn't they?

edit on 5222b16Friday000000Friday000000 by SybiLulu because: (no reason given)

edit on 5222b29Friday000000Friday000000 by SybiLulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It's paramount for me to understand how this all happened and to not make the same mistakes again.

You are taking on a can of worms there. When getting deep into how something like 9/11 went the way it did, it leads into some pretty dark places. Not surprised by covid playing out the way it has, knew something would be coming sooner or later.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join