It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A trap for the intellect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Yah, folks like their "safe places". Nothin' wrong with that. One's favourite pub can be one of those. A few beers with some mates.

I wonder why people like to destroy other people's pubs and burn drinkers at the stake.

Might it all be a matter of "Jim Beam vs Glenfiddich?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

The old saying said to have been over the gate at the temple of Delphi is Know thyself. To me at least that implies the existence of what is not thyself. Therefore what is separate.

If that passage trough the gate is synonymous with knowing the truth it might as well be interpreted as, there not being any truth than thyself?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TOOLPART

Oh that explains everything, thanks for nothing.
you dont mind me not giving your inconsistent babble further thoughts

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well, if God is ALL then we are God, or at least a part of God. God must then be the entire universe - constrained by and existing within it. Beyond the universe God could not exist. Also means, logically, that God is the Devil too.

link   
Grasping straws isn't really my style. a reply to: Terpene

link   

A closer comparison would be Fanta Pina Colada vs Jim Beam.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Don't forget the nachos...a reply to: 19Bones79

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

If that passage trough the gate is synonymous with knowing the truth it might as well be interpreted as, there not being any truth than thyself?

It says know thyself and not know thy truth . . .

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Epic loss, but still time.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

It is said that god is all. Even the newage has it's 'universe', it's all.

There are multiverse theories that would seem to somewhat circumvent the above statement and somewhat step outside the box.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Well, if God is ALL then we are God, or at least a part of God. God must then be the entire universe - constrained by and existing within it. Beyond the universe God could not exist. Also means, logically, that God is the Devil too.

That would seem reasonably so. However, the key word is if (god is all)

constrained by and existing within it. Beyond the universe God could not exist.

(smile)

(img Alice from wonderland inside a jar surrounded by a sea of tears by unknown artist)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There are multiverse theories that would seem to somewhat circumvent the above statement and somewhat step outside the box.

What does it mean to step outside the box?

A box is an object, it has length width and height. A box also has an inside and an outside. So let's say the box is a five dimensional object. Length X width X height X inside X outside.

So in that light a great many monotheisisms can exist within the multiverse therorum . . .

So the statement: It is said that god is all. Even the newage has it's 'universe', it's all. can be both true and false depending on where the observer stands; Inside or outside the box.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What does it mean to step outside the box?

Progress springs to mind.

The multiverse is a hypothetical construct, the same as our notions of what constitutes God if you think about it.

So the statement: It is said that god is all. Even the newage has it's 'universe', it's all. can be both true and false depending on where the observer stands; Inside or outside the box.

That would be down to perspective far as i can establish.

The problem with multiverse theory is that these infinite amount of other universes would still need to exist within something aka your box.

We think in 3 dimensions through NobodySpecial268, string theory on the other hand suggests the universe operates with 10 dimensions.

We simply are not equipped to tackle the dilemma in any sort of meaningful manner down to the nature of our reality, or at least the way we perceive such.
edit on 29-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   

The finite can’t grasp the infinite.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
While you feverishly grasp onto another straw and suggesting by way of another fever you made this hand move by way of your counterpart idiology of control like a clean napkin is important to your dinner, is it conscious??, no, why, because you did it again and again with no setback nor feelings of angst on the matter. That means your a zombie. No matter what, like a fox with his tail on fire run for another fix and deny it all in the meantime because after all I mean there's no way you're a nail right?? Yeah that's it, now roll over and say goodnight for tomorrow the dogs comma running.a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TOOLPART

Quite the bit of a word salad there mate, and what's going on with your punctuation?

Plus a paragraph or two might be nice.

Pray tell all the same which straw am i feverishly grasping?

In the grand scheme of it all, i know that i know nothing, or thereabouts, same boat as yourself really, so there is that.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I customarily think in six dimensions, the five that makes a box, add wheels and we have a car. Therefore motion is the sixth. I can sometimes stretch that to eight dimensions if I see a need.

(for the sight impared: The video shows the movement of the solar syystem as it travels through space.)

There are the six dimensions in plain view. The artist's trails behind the planets can be said to be the past. The future can be calculated, yet does not exist yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

The finite can’t grasp the infinite.

Meaning man cannot grasp the entirity of god?

Well "yes he can", in a manner of speaking. Step out side the box, the box that is a philosophy. Then turn around and look back.

The man in the old woodcut pictured below illustrates the principal.

Might not god exist in an infinate closed space?
edit on 29-7-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: added: Might not god exist in an infinate closed space?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

There are the six dimensions in plain view. The artist's trails behind the planets can be said to be the past. The future can be calculated, yet does not exist yet.

Given that said video is 2 dimensional by nature i have to question the veracity of that statement.

It's a visual representation, hardly the same as the reality our very 3-dimensional brains interpret.

Perspective is the ticket NobodySpecial268, and ours is 3-dimensional down nature that our brains operate.

As to being able to calculate our future, well the Copenhagen interpretation would seem to suggest otherwise, you see quantum mechanics only predicts future probabilities.

Its nice that you choose to add context for the visually impaired all the same, your the first person i have seen do that here at ATS.

edit on 29-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

An illustration Andy, an illustration.

My knowledge of quantum physics extends as far as throwing rocks at theorists who mistreat cats.

However, if one desires to apply in practice what is commonly called metaphysics and occulty mystical stuff one needs a practical road map. The five dimensional view is a start- the 'you are here'.

So how to get out of the box? One is inside, and wants to be outside. First one has to realise that there are the two dimensions of inside and outside.

Then it is simple a matter of relative positioning.

One won't find the sidhe in the christian nor scientific boxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join