It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Squeegee Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
www.baltimoresun.com...

for quite a while in a lot of our big cities
groups of young males have been standing at intersections and running out and washing car windows (using the 'squeegee'), asking for a few dollars.

The BS, leftist media, paints a portrait of hard-working hard-luck inner city minority youth trying to make something of themselves.

Many of the young people who wash windshields for money at busy downtown intersections are there out of necessity. Before they can transition to gainful employment, their basic needs must be met, officials said Wednesday during a hearing before a City Council committee.

Those could include housing, food, transportation and counseling. Maybe they need identification, appropriate work clothes and interview preparation. Some are much too young to join the workforce.

a little further down the article we see something of the other side of the story

But some business and political leaders consider them a nuisance at best and a public safety threat at worst. Accusations of harassment, violence and property destruction, sometimes substantiated, are regularly used as evidence the city should do more.

Complaints have surfaced recently about some squeegee workers scamming drivers out of money and displaying menacing behavior, though it remains unclear whether such incidents have actually increased in frequency.

one woman was asked to pay with CashApp and was scammed of $2,000.

One of the young men told her they could accept Cash App or Zelle instead. She tried to take a picture of his Cash App information so she could download the app later, but eventually he took her phone to facilitate the transaction. He kept reassuring her that everything was OK, Owens said, but she felt trapped and uneasy.

“My hand was shaking,” she said. “I was thinking in the back of my mind that these guys could be armed.”

She was relieved to finally get her phone back and drive away. When she later pulled over to check her bank account, she found a Zelle transfer of $2,000 and called her bank immediately to report a fraudulent transaction. She also reported the theft to Baltimore police. She found out Wednesday that the funds had been reimbursed.

anyone with experience with?
I'm amazed there aren't more accidents.
I wonder how often they get on the street and block traffic.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No personal interaction, but for a few weeks straight squeegee kid violence was all I was seein on YouTube.

Here’s the woman who got robbed on the cash app by 4 squeegee workers.

And a fatal interaction

And a gang up of squeegee boys

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

No personal interaction, but for a few weeks straight squeegee kid violence was all I was seein on YouTube.

Here’s the woman who got robbed on the cash app by 4 squeegee workers.

And a fatal interaction

And a gang up of squeegee boys

Those assholes would be in for a rude awakening trying that with me, they'd look in the truck and see my angry big ass german Shepard just snarling and wanting daddy to open the door sooooo badly to go play with squeegee. That and dare i say “truck gun”

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

How are they getting away with doing that?

I would get one of those windshield washer replacement kits, install it with one nezzle pointing to each side.and fill it with pink limonaid. Harmless but sticky and humiliating.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It will progress to more violence where law enforcement is curbed by ill considered policy.

And then people will no longer really stop at lights or stop signs -- accidents inbound.

I've experienced this in Europe as well. At best, quite annoying.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Its all fun and games until someone inquires about whether or not they are paying local state fed income tax or not.

new topics

top topics

join