It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul the final episodes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I grew up on comic books. Supereman, Batman, Aquaman etc, as well as the old Superman in black and white with George Reeves. Watched to old serials of Flash Gordon and stuff on Saturday morinings.

But when they started making them into movies I watched them for a while. Actually cried a couple of times in the first Superman I was so swept up. But they kept making them and making them. Batman too. Two or three Batman in I just quit. Same for Star Wars and Star Trek, I just quit giving a crap.

I don't know Put, but this strong trend to superhero blockbuster with every super hero and villain under the sun makes me wonder. That it has gone on for so long and continues to do so must mean that they are still making bank, which makes me wonder about the general public's ability to appreciate anything other than what they are fed, ala, the observation on laughing only at the trailer parts.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I grew up on comic books. Supereman, Batman, Aquaman etc, as well as the old Superman in black and white with George Reeves. Watched to old serials of Flash Gordon and stuff on Saturday morinings.

But when they started making them into movies I watched them for a while. Actually cried a couple of times in the first Superman I was so swept up. But they kept making them and making them. Batman too. Two or three Batman in I just quit. Same for Star Wars and Star Trek, I just quit giving a crap.

I don't know Put, but this strong trend to superhero blockbuster with every super hero and villain under the sun makes me wonder. That it has gone on for so long and continues to do so must mean that they are still making bank, which makes me wonder about the general public's ability to appreciate anything other than what they are fed, ala, the observation on laughing only at the trailer parts.

I am not huge into the mega franchises, but if they aren't any good they will eventually flop and they will move to something else.

I was mostly into Jurassic Park cause my kids liked it too, and that should have gone extinct after 2 movies at most. Hell, I mostly listen to my oldest daughter, she and her like the same stuff mostly and she knows what I enjoyed. I did enjoy Squid Game she told me about it, but she also knew I enjoyed some foreign films and shows even more than domestic ones. Primer, Ex Machina, Parasite, etc. plus I'm 10 times more likely to watch an old classic I haven't seen or watch again than watch something new.

Growing up I enjoyed all kinds of movies, Mom and Dad always took us to the Drive-In theater, It's where I became an Eastwood and western fan no doubt, and Dad wasn't above taking me and my brother to all the Bond films, the Steve Mc Queen, James Colburn, The Great Escape, Where Eagles Dare, etc. I saw all the Dirty Harry Movies in the theaters for the first one I was 7 years old. The Godfather, gritty and real movies like Blood Simple, and Cool Hand Luke etc

Sure the studios are still pumping out the garbage and they are going to make bank, but Hollywood always did that it's why we had so many westerns, and as for Disney they did it too. Didn't Davy Crockett launch the Daniel Boone, LOL Walt's last words were Kurt Russell as they milked his Dexter Riley character for 3 movies among others,70's James Bond gave us Our Man Flint and Matt Helm, etc Godfather gave us a plethora of gangster movies?

Sooner or later Hollywood adjusts or they did in the past. Some theorize even movies and TV will take a hit because internet podcasts and entertainment videos have no restrictions and is cheap to produce and are getting swarms of audiences.
edit on 27-7-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Drive ins. In the fifties our folks took us a lot in the old station wagon. We'd park backwards and open the lift up door and lay there watching. I thought a few times about how my folks in the front seat were able to watch and it wasn't until years later that I had the realization that they were probably not.....

Out of high school in the sixties I got a job at our local drive ins, a two screener. Lot's of fun stories from that. One was the airing of ''Carmen Baby''. The manager did not screen it first. Had a ton of nudity and a gal doing a dance with a long necked bottle. It only played one night, but what a night for all us teen guys working that show.

In the eighties and nineties I took my family a couple of times a month. Had an old pick up that I put an old mattress in for Friday nights and we'd pull in backwards for our cinema under the stars. Grocery bag of home made popcorn and a cooler chest with ice and drinks. I actually went out and bought a two person ''love seat'' to put in the bed of the truck up against the cab for luxury seating... Ah the halcyon days. Back in the days when there was only a glimmer of how the entertainment industry would evolve and turn us into such an overly entertained population.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Drive ins. In the fifties our folks took us a lot in the old station wagon. We'd park backwards and open the lift up door and lay there watching. I thought a few times about how my folks in the front seat were able to watch and it wasn't until years later that I had the realization that they were probably not.....

Out of high school in the sixties I got a job at our local drive ins, a two screener. Lot's of fun stories from that. One was the airing of ''Carmen Baby''. The manager did not screen it first. Had a ton of nudity and a gal doing a dance with a long necked bottle. It only played one night, but what a night for all us teen guys working that show.

In the eighties and nineties I took my family a couple of times a month. Had an old pick up that I put an old mattress in for Friday nights and we'd pull in backwards for our cinema under the stars. Grocery bag of home made popcorn and a cooler chest with ice and drinks. I actually went out and bought a two person ''love seat'' to put in the bed of the truck up against the cab for luxury seating... Ah the halcyon days. Back in the days when there was only a glimmer of how the entertainment industry would evolve and turn us into such an overly entertained population.

We went alot but no station wagon, just a 1969 Brown Pontiac with tan nagahide seats that your legs stuck too. Dad and Mom up front 3 kids in the back seat and 1 kid (me) on the ledge of the back window. Once we got older, we go to the playground area, ours closed in the late 80's but as teens we snuck in a few times

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I had heard of Plan 9 before MST3K but I recall seeing it there, I was a fan of the show used to watch it with my daughters and we really enjoyed it.

Plan 9 was never done MST3K style. Joel rightfully said it was too easy to make fun of. Now, Manos, Hands Of Fate, well, that's a totally different story as the title of the flick literally reads Hands: Hands Of Fate.

Back to BCS. The last episode sets up the finale, him in the world after BB but they haven't given us all of that story. Why he did the robbery, we don't know. It's to set up him being found out and what he does to hopefully, for him, escape it not in prison. It's almost as if he's going into Saul Goodman and getting clothes he can wear to court but I'm speculating.

Kim bolted, and rightfully so. She finally recognized Jimmy was bad for her but I kinda think she ain't a gonna survive this. Since she's not in BB I think that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I had heard of Plan 9 before MST3K but I recall seeing it there, I was a fan of the show used to watch it with my daughters and we really enjoyed it.

Plan 9 was never done MST3K style. Joel rightfully said it was too easy to make fun of. Now, Manos, Hands Of Fate, well, that's a totally different story as the title of the flick literally reads Hands: Hands Of Fate.

Back to BCS. The last episode sets up the finale, him in the world after BB but they haven't given us all of that story. Why he did the robbery, we don't know. It's to set up him being found out and what he does to hopefully, for him, escape it not in prison. It's almost as if he's going into Saul Goodman and getting clothes he can wear to court but I'm speculating.

Kim bolted, and rightfully so. She finally recognized Jimmy was bad for her but I kinda think she ain't a gonna survive this. Since she's not in BB I think that makes sense.

Pretty sure this is what I saw...

As far as BCS goes I don't usually get into shows, but this one has me hooked.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   

That's the new MST3K and I've only seen three or four of them so I didn't know they did Plan 9. I've got to see that as I've seen the movie and it really was hard to watch. It truly made no sense and was so awful I nearly had to chain myself to my chair to finish it.

Well, it's done. Carol Burnett was the one who got him busted. I feel like a Styx song is appropriate.

Taking the fall for Kim, well, he almost redeemed himself and too the 86 years instead of seven. Almost, as he'd hurt so many people over the years.

Fun times, now we wait for a statue of Saul next to the Walt and Jesse statues in ABQ.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join