It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark attacks and breaks cage - Discovery shark week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So I saw this yesterday, and it was a heart stopping moment for the diver and crew of the boat who really couldn't do much to help him as he swam back to the boat. Warning,some graphic content at the beginning.

Sharks have always fascinated me. Ever since Jaws.

Anyways, I thought I would share this cause that guy is very very lucky!

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
You are definitely on their turf. Tread cautiously.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

It is mostly Salmon Sharks where I live.
They can be scary too...

I have never seen one up close but I hear about them all the time from the local fishermen.
The only warm blooded shark around.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Stupid smart people. Too bad the shark didn’t get him. Tapping the side of his glass coffin as such.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yeah, when I saw this I knew it was a very bad idea to get into the water in such a cage. I think the call them ghost cages.
That would be a big nope for me!

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Stupid smart people. Too bad the shark didn’t get him. Tapping the side of his glass coffin as such.

Don't worry. He suffered extreme PTSD while trapped in COVID quarantine for a year. Then on his first dive trip back to help work through his issues, he stroked out.

The stroke left his knowledge intact but took his ability to communicate that knowledge. He was/is on of the world's foremost white shark behaviorist. He is undergoing intensive therapy to one day go out on expeditions again, but he'll never be able to dive.

You got your wish.

I watched the full documentary.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is a stupid contraption to watch a 16 foot hungry great white shark in.

I guess he won’t be watching Jaws in the Imax on Labor Day.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Next time he goes to row, row, row the boat gently down the stream he’s coming equipped with depth charges and torpedoes.

Diver 2, the revenge

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It is a stupid contraption to watch a 16 foot hungry great white shark in.

I guess he won’t be watching Jaws in the Imax on Labor Day.

I recall the one where they were using that thing. They knew it was extremely risky, but there was something they wanted to test with it. The reason he was there was because he wanted observe it and he knew it was too risky to ask anyone else to do it.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Was it this?

Even if not, these are dumb cages. Eventually someone is gonna get eaten.

edit on 26-7-2022 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'd think they would have multiple lines attached and something a little more robust than dollar store nylon rope, I mean damn a steel cable and a lid would have gone a long way and still gave him the experience.

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71 I thought I read some where that the guy in this cage was from Jackass..... You know the crazy guys that do all those stupid stunts. I might be wrong but I can swear it was them

posted on Jul, 26 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

No. I think what they wanted to see was if they could get any indication of body language from the shark that it was going to take a bite. There are lots of encounters where the shark ignores people, but then some where it doesn't. They wanted to see if there was a behavior difference that would indicate a bite. So they were using that box specifically to get as close to unprotected without being unprotected.

They did not expect the shark to decide the box was a threat and breach on it. So they didn't get the results they wanted. They were hoping to get some sort of investigatory bite.

Right now, you have more people in the water, more marine mammals and more large sharks. Research has been focused on finding ways for us all to co-exist. Part of that is trying to decode what triggers a shark to attack, to investigate, to ignore. They are far more complicated than eat, swim, sex.

edit on 26-7-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join